Visa Application For Uk - Original Documents Returned?

Silly question maybe - but not seen any comment written about this point.

We are submitting various original documents with a tourist visa application, bank books, passports in addition to the one for which we want a visa inserted along with land title ect.

I can supply copies - but assume that 'they' will want to see the originals.

During the submission of the VAF1(a) and supporting documents does the VAC staff - read through the submitted pack and return originals at that point? Marking the copies in some way that indicates that they have seen the original documents for which copies are provided?

After the application has been processed - does the entire application pack get returned with the passport under consideration for the visa? (No comment on this matter in the VFS FAQ.)

I am reading the courier collection details on the VFS website, it mentions 'passport' but makes no mention of the other documents that are submitted. Does none of the application other than passport get returned?

In these days of data security I really feel that the whole process is riddled with data protection holes that the embassy really don't give a stuff about !

Final thought - shall I just burn the data on a CD and post it to London Underground to save the UK based government people misplacing the information? :o

Thanks again.

Sorry to hijack the OP but I note recently on another post where one of his questions was about translation, TH to UK, and their was some unclear replies. Forgive me if I'm wrong, and please don't quote me but I'm sure I read recently somewhere on VFS that translation is no longer required. Can somebody please clarify.

By, the way, nice one about data loss, suggest it to them once safely in receipt of the visa.

Sorry to hijack the OP but I note recently on another post where one of his questions was about translation, TH to UK, and their was some unclear replies. Forgive me if I'm wrong, and please don't quote me but I'm sure I read recently somewhere on VFS that translation is no longer required. Can somebody please clarify.

By, the way, nice one about data loss, suggest it to them once safely in receipt of the visa.

I agree, there is a comment, on the VFS' checklist I believe, that states English translations are not required for Thai documents. However my general feeling is that the application process is fuzzy at best for the lay applicant, I can see why people opt for agency applications. Is it a case of an Embassy smoke screen to stop too many applications that are based on a wing and a prayer?

As for the data protection issue, the UK government is really not very good at this, was it 200 laptops that the MOD have lost?

What vetting exisits for the VFS staff? OK if that is covered - what about the agents that are contracted to courier documents from the Embassy back to the regional collection points?

The whole idea of contracting out this process does not sit well with me.