Can Anyone Identify This Guy?

wedders

Never mind who he is - what kind of restaurant is he planning to open? Burger/burrito/pizza/pasta/latino/tex-mex ? (delete as appropriate) :D

:o:D:D

And why is he so pleased to see Wedders? He does look familiar . . .

Can't be too far up the food chain as he's driving himself.

JxP

Never mind who he is - what kind of restaurant is he planning to open? Burger/burrito/pizza/pasta/latino/tex-mex ? (delete as appropriate) :o

is the right answer. irrespective of who he is, he's clearly just had the best cheeseburger in chiang mai and lived to smile about it.

Nah, George Formby has to be the winner - spitting image.

Ok the Yanks here won't have a clue who he is, but for your edifification he's a kind of superior Louis Armstrong, equipped with a banjo instead of a trumpet.

He looks nothing like Nobby Stiles. Charlie Williams, can't see it myself (apart from the teeth).

And at least this isn't another best cheeseburger in CM thread ... what's the latest thread - where to get a cup of tea? !@#$%^&*......

Of course not Mike. Allow me to redirect this thread back in the direction of thrilling and vital issues such as where to obtain the best cheeseburger and cuppa in town, etc.

Boooom

This cheeseburger's not up to the one I had at Mike's last night...

rat-tat-tat-tat-tat

They never let the tea stew for long enough, do they.... And what's with the Thais and their firecrackers tonight?

Crunch

Bloody cheek, that tank's just run over my fries....

Edited by wedders

Ok the Yanks here won't have a clue who he is, but for your edifification he's a kind of superior Louis Armstrong, equipped with a banjo instead of a trumpet.

He looks nothing like Nobby Stiles. Charlie Williams, can't see it myself (apart from the teeth).

And at least this isn't another best cheeseburger in CM thread ... what's the latest thread - where to get a cup of tea? !@#$%^&*......

Not banjo - ukelele. :o

Not banjo - ukelele. :o

Actually you're both right...and wrong :D

Formby played a banjolele - the body of a banjo but a neck like a ukulele.

I think it would have been simpler to ask the people that mobbed him. Presumably they knew who he was!

I tried... but to my shame I couldn't understand the answer, so just nodded knowledgeably and carried on pretending to be the wise farang journalist.

By the way, if anyone's on the breadline in Chiang Mai and doesn't know where the price of the next meal is coming from, the redshirted ladies out at Mae Rim will attempt to feed you delicious Thai food every ten minutes during your stay.

At Government House last night, same again, plus a guesthouse owner who needed my help to get through the stock of Singha she'd brought along.

Just get yourself a red t-shirt and come along :o ....

This is getting kind of annoying as he does look kind of familiar.

Maybe show the red shirts the picture, get them to write the name and let us know.

Put us all out of our misery.

I love this topic and such bl--dy funny answers,all the crazy replies,i cant stop laughing.Do i need to move to chang mai?

Wedders, anywhere else in the world.......ask a simple question, get a simple answer

but

on this forum....

ask a simple question & .......... most answer are from simpletons [note: myself included ]

Ah, who cares! there have been some great answers, cheered me up anyway...

Edited by wedders

He looks like the manager of the golf course there. His greeters are probably all wanting tee times which are hard to get at this time of year.

3068056826_47ddc35239_o.jpg

Maybe they were threatening to increase his handicap with the help of a nine iron unless he donated to the cause.