What Options Are People Using To Get Into Thailand

trav3501

Backed up it'll be, but only outbound.

I reckon very little delays/problems will show for incoming travelers, there won't be many to start with.

Pretty much most inbound travelers/tourists who are currently unable to travel are canceling altogether, with only expats/business people and people with family here looking to re-book.

Quite a bit of people normally traveling later on in December have already canceled and chosen for different locations just to ensure that they will have a holiday!

Whereas each and every outbound traveler stuck here will eventually have to get flown out!

Just curious what options people are using to get into thailand. I am booked for the 22nd of december and am starting to think of options to get into thailand. Flying BA from heathrow to bkk.

I live mainly in Phuket, returning to UK five times each year. For three years I travelled via Bangkok, but last year, having become fed up with Bangkok airports, now travel London - KL - Phuket.

KL airport is clean, efficient, and there's much less of the 'taxi - taxi - Pattaya' stuff which irritates me.

So, my recommendation is for anyone who doesn’t need Bangkok itself is to travel via KL.

You may be pleasantly surprised.

Oh, and you can nip into town for some shopping and buy a house there, in your own name :o

This will be well over by then, dont worry, :o

Are you sure about that? Is it not quite possible that the civil disturbances could escalate into something more serious? The airport situation looks like a bit of a stalemate to me at the moment. I was due to fly on the 1st and am now thinking of rebooking to fly a couple of days before xmas. I'm not confident of the troubles being resolved in and around Bangkok, and even if they do get the airport open it would maybe be better to travel via Phuket ( Im heading for Pattaya)