Rooms In A "mansion"

Somtamnication

My name is April . I live in Chiang Mai I know new service apartment that u cna rent for short term one month or 2 months up to u . It is 1.5 kms from Amari Ricome hotel Chiang Mai . studio room is 5,500 B a month size 45 sqm with a balcony it is new quite n clean room is air con room full furnish ready to move in when will u come to Chiang Mai ? It is a nice city may be u come here n stay for 3 nights to check it out if u like it ir not . I know new hotel 550 B a night with breakfast . In Chiang Mai if u can ride a bicycle or a motorbike then u can go any where in the city in 10 mins ,

post-34542-1228098069_thumb.jpg

Here's my favourite (and even has "mansion" in its name :o ).

http://www.viangbuamansion-chiangmai.com/

Not the cheapest (though monthly rates are good) - but you certainly get what you pay for and the staff/service are excellent. I stayed there on and off for 12 weeks in 2005 before making my final move to CM. Be aware that there is currently a construction site on the city side and you should try to get a mountain-view room/apartment - always better even before the construction started.

Others have mentioned good long-term (and short-term, come to that) rates at the centrally located Montri Hotel.

Lots of new places have opened off of Huay Kaew Road -- the Dome and the Chiang Mai Lodge. Both have small rooms (25-40 sq m) for about 5,000 b/mo, maybe a little more for just a one month stay. My favorite inexpensive place is the M&D Mansion on the street heading west from the Thanin Market (for the directionally challenged non-Americans, if you have to look at a map to find the Thanin Market, you'll figure out which way is west). It's just north of the city. Clean rooms with A/C, TV and fridge for abou 3,000 b/mo.