Anyone Know How To Put Windows (cd) Onto A New

funfun

just bought a new compaq from tesco lotus and it dosent come with windows installed.

i ve got a cd disc windows anyway and tryed to put it on, it looks like its loading and then, it says

there are 2 discs i have

disc 1 is a disc wndows xp home for dist with a new pc, now this disc loads, and when its finished loading it says

windows has been closed down so as not to harm your computor, it may be a virus etc,????

disc 2

written in thai so dont know what its does but it will not load and it says

"cant open cd driver FDCD0001 SHSUCDX can't install"

Any help please?????

chris

Take it to Tukcom 3rd floor any shop and let them install it for you. Will cost you 300 bath or so. If you'd bought it there it would probably have cost the same and they'd have installed it for free. Let it be a lesson, don't by computers in the supermarkets...

To the original poster. The Win XP is dedicated to the original computer it was shipped with, it will not load on a second computer without an OK from Microsoft(Changing the motherboard for instance). To PC, The 300 baht install at Tukom will be an illegal copy of Windows and will run into problems if the computer is connected to the internet. And why not buy computers in Carrefour or Big C? The same laptops are often cheaper in these places. If you are going to use a bootleg OS why not get the best price for the laptop?

P

Chris, obviously by now you know what people think about buying laptops from Tesco.

If you are going to use "Phantip" windows instalations you better try more than one type of disk. Many dont work, or appear to and then wimp out at the last bit. Like your seems to have. If it does work, I dont think the lastest editions will have problems if you connect to the net. Of course installing pirated copies is ILLEGAL and WE DONT DO IT HERE OFFICER.

Then you will have to muck about on the net downloading all the drivers, especialy Chipset and video to make the thing half work.

To the original poster. The Win XP is dedicated to the original computer it was shipped with, it will not load on a second computer without an OK from Microsoft(Changing the motherboard for instance). To PC, The 300 baht install at Tukom will be an illegal copy of Windows and will run into problems if the computer is connected to the internet. And why not buy computers in Carrefour or Big C? The same laptops are often cheaper in these places. If you are going to use a bootleg OS why not get the best price for the laptop?

P

1) Not if you bring the CD that came with the laptop. Read the OP again.

2) Because after-sales service is non-existant.

PS. Who cares if it's an "illegal copy"? It's as good as the original and circumvent all the "contact M$" <deleted>. Have you had a look at M$ balance sheet lately? Can you say "de facto monopoly" or "predatory marketing strategies".

Edited by Phil Conners

P

1) Not if you bring the CD that came with the laptop. Read the OP again.

2) Because after-sales service is non-existant.

PS. Who cares if it's an "illegal copy"? It's as good as the original and circumvent all the "contact M$" <deleted>. Have you had a look at M$ balance sheet lately? Can you say "de facto monopoly" or "predatory marketing strategies".

right so i shouldnt have bought it in tesco's, but, i did, so ive just been back to there and all ive heard from them is take to tuk com!!!!!!!!

i ve had a whinge and arranged to see there programer tom, which he prob wont turn up or wont want to do anything, so my option are tuk com and spend money? or ?????

looks like tuk com win!!!

chris

cheers again chaps

Chris, perhaps I didnt make myself clear, you do have the DIY option:

Get hold of two or three different Windows xp discs (My experience is that if you only buy one, it doesnt work and end up going back for another. Sods law is that if you buy two, the first works).

Get one with SP 3, preferably with November 2008 written on it. This should boot straight into your laptop. It is a straight forward operation and can take an hour or so. Then you have to find the Chipset drivers and Video drivers, either from a disc you got with the machine or download from the HP/Compaq website. I have installed XP on plenty of laptops, especially those comming with vista and it is pretty simple, if occaisionaly frustrating ironing out the last of the yellow blips in devices manager.

Chris, perhaps I didnt make myself clear, you do have the DIY option:

Get hold of two or three different Windows xp discs (My experience is that if you only buy one, it doesnt work and end up going back for another. Sods law is that if you buy two, the first works).

Get one with SP 3, preferably with November 2008 written on it. This should boot straight into your laptop. It is a straight forward operation and can take an hour or so. Then you have to find the Chipset drivers and Video drivers, either from a disc you got with the machine or download from the HP/Compaq website. I have installed XP on plenty of laptops, especially those comming with vista and it is pretty simple, if occaisionaly frustrating ironing out the last of the yellow blips in devices manager.

hey thanks space fruit, and everyone, thats really helpfull, im off back to tesco lotus today and i hope there program manager will sort it, failing that i will go to tuk com, sorry i will send it tuk com and get them to sort it out, and thanks for letting me know that ill have to tell them to put vidio drivers on, is there any other things like internet access or anything i may need to tell them to put on????

chris

Once you've done that ^^^

Use one of the Windows key changers (use Google) change the hookey key to the one that resides on your legitimate OEM CD and you're good to go :o

oh thats easy then!!!!

crossy, ya lost me on key changers!!!!! ill come back on when we get it halfe sorted, cheers

chris

:

:

And therefore it is okay to steal software?

I suspect that you consider it legitimate to steal phone, internet, and cable television service also...

:

:

I suspect that you consider it legitimate to steal phone, internet, and cable television service also...

Yes. What's it to you anyway? I bet you're the kind of guy who hugs the fast lane exactly at the speed limit? Holier than thou!

You think it's ok for companies like Sony to put virus software on their CD to break users' PC when they try to play the music they paid for?

You think it's ok that you had to pay for the music, first on vinyl, then on MC, then on CD and what will be the next? Once you paid for the rights the media shouldn't matter, but you try to get the RIAA to agree with that.

Edited by Phil Conners

:

:

Yes. What's it to you anyway? I bet you're the kind of guy who hugs the fast lane exactly at the speed limit? Holier than thou!

You think it's ok for companies like Sony to put virus software on their CD to break users' PC when they try to play the music they paid for?

You think it's ok that you had to pay for the music, first on vinyl, then on MC, then on CD and what will be the next? Once you paid for the rights the media shouldn't matter, but you try to get the RIAA to agree with that.

ere , well were a sorted at this end, i decided to reort to bunging the programer and it worked well.

thanks again

chris

Ha ha ha hha!

I had the same frikkin problem.

The thing is that there is some kind of operating system (open source) that ones started up gives you a command line, and that's about it.

So in the end I went to a small computershop and asked if the guy could help me out.

Put's in a windows CD and within 5 seconds it started installing after he typed in some commands.

Came back after an hour and he said he installed the Win XP Darknight version.

It is tottally cool as it has Vista look and options, Lifetime Nod32 AV and loads of other stuff on it.

Runs smooth and fast and not any problem since install.

I bought an el cheapo Aspire as I only need it for a bit of surfing and office stuff.

Labtops from Tesco are OK, nothing wrong with them.

:o

You read me 100% wrong...I am usually the one overtaking. and I have not been to church in years. But I do believe that a person should pay a fair price for goods and services received.

Absolutely not... I consider that practice criminal, same as any other virus or spyware. But that does not entitle one to steal software.

You raise an interesting point here. I can agree that it would be nice to buy a license of sorts for a certain item (let's say a record album), then be able to put it to various media for use in the home, car, etc. Until fairly recently in the timeline, there really was not an efficient distribution mechanism to facilitate such a distribution scheme.

Back when vinyl was the dominant media, I had first an 8-track recorder, then later a cassette recorder, to make that same media usable in my car. As the dominant media switched to CD, I started buy CDs and still recorded them onto cassettes for the car. And more recently, via the computer, made copies of the CDs for use in the car. So other than the cost of the blank media and some time, in most cases I *did* buy the content once. Surely you do not think that the record companies should give us a free upgrade every time the media changes? We are in agreement, the RIAA would find that suggestion laughable.

But, nobody forced you or me to buy any of it. I would hardly call recorded music a necessity, even though I have spent plenty of hard-earned cash on recorded media and the equipment to play it over the years.

Ha ha ha hha!

It is tottally cool as it has Vista look and options, Lifetime Nod32 AV and loads of other stuff on it.

Installing an OS with a "customized" AV version too -- what a great way to build a "bot net" or "zombie army." (Maybe your PC "enlisted?")

"A recent survey conducted by Symantec reveals alarming stats that showed 96% of computers in Malaysia are zombie machines. Malaysia ranked #7 for these machines. Thailand ranked #5!

reference: Protect Your PC From Becoming a Zombie Machine

Ha ha ha hha!

Installing an OS with a "customized" AV version too -- what a great way to build a "bot net" or "zombie army." (Maybe your PC "enlisted?")

"A recent survey conducted by Symantec reveals alarming stats that showed 96% of computers in Malaysia are zombie machines. Malaysia ranked #7 for these machines. Thailand ranked #5!

reference: Protect Your PC From Becoming a Zombie Machine

You think I am stupid right?

I can see the trafick from and to my PC.

I can block any unwanted connections.

Over to you.

You want to talk about criminals? Symantec!!!

A couple years back I had a legitimate paid subscrition to Norton AV installed and running on my laptop. Somehow I contracted a virus and Norton AV could not remove it. I called Norton tech support for help, after explaining what the problem was, the tech guy asked me for a credit card number, I said "what do you need that for?" He said " there will be a charge for helping you to remove the virus", I said " Your AV software that I have already paid for allowed this infection and now you want me to pay again to remove it?......not bloody likely!!"

I uninstalled Norton and have been using AVG FREE ever since and have never been infected again.

I will NEVER pay for any Symantec product again, what a bunch of crooks!!!

I suspect they are behind 90% of all virus's developed.