Newbie Visa Question

Hi all

I am curently in Australia but I want to re-enter Thailand (probably Jan 09). After quite a few visits to Thai in 08 i wonder if i'd be eligible for an entry stamp on arrival or would it be best to obtain a TR60 single entry visa from the Thai embassy in Canberra before i go (or any other suggestions?).

I'm initially coming in as a tourist with a view to procurring some kind of employment.

I am 40, australian, on an australian passport.

my 2008 history to Thailand:

17/4-15/5, 15/5-16/6, 1/8-6/9 (28 day border entry stamps) and 23/9-9/11 (TR60).

thanks in advance

Since you want to come here to find work a tourist visa is the best, as it gives you more time. An important bennefit is also that you will not need to show a ticket out of the country with in 30 days if you come to Thailand with a visa.

Without a visa this is officialy required and an airline can refuse to take you with them to Thailand. With a visa you can travel to Thailand on a one-way ticket.

Since you want to come here to find work a tourist visa is the best, as it gives you more time. An important bennefit is also that you will not need to show a ticket out of the country with in 30 days if you come to Thailand with a visa.

Without a visa this is officialy required and an airline can refuse to take you with them to Thailand. With a visa you can travel to Thailand on a one-way ticket.

thanks