Scammers At Pantip

girlx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god, I am in a minority, I and only one or two others on this massively subscribed forum have ever bought anything dodgy, i am ashamed now, ah well my Lolex says time for food :o

Those on the moral high ground, please forgive us :D :D

Edited by Cobalt60

What an utterly stupid thread.

Firstly, you are buying black market goods, don't be so stupid to think you are going to receive some kind of luxury service (yes, even if we do all buy them sometimes)

Secondly, it was 200 baht for gods sake....hardly the end of the world, most people have been had sometime or other, even most Thais (just be thankful that for you it was for so little)

Thirdly, you knew the price, but you still bought them and then you complain about it here......<deleted>??

Edited by madjbs

again OK I GET YOUR POINT ABOUT THE PIRATED GOODS! YOU ARE RIGHT I AM SO STUPID TO BE ANGRY YADA YADA

but the point of my thread was to show that a thai man was already using the current political situation as an excuse to steal money from me, not that i lost 200 baht. Maverell and the Walking Man were the only two who got that.

[quote name='Maverell' date='2008-12-01 .... the Thai want the same money in their pocket as before, so prices will go up for farang !! Normal Thai bisiness mentality.

Come on people; telling lies, using lame excuses is par for the course for sales people anywhere in the world.

Sales people who try all of the same tricks in US, UK, European countries, Aus.etc., etc if they could get away with it.

I learned long ago to not assume anything in business deals, anywhere, even it the same deal has been done many times before. I go back to ground zero to make sure the opportunity to play tricks is mimimized as much as possible.

again OK I GET YOUR POINT ABOUT THE PIRATED GOODS! YOU ARE RIGHT I AM SO STUPID TO BE ANGRY YADA YADA

but the point of my thread was to show that a thai man was already using the current political situation as an excuse to steal money from me, not that i lost 200 baht. Maverell and the Walking Man were the only two who got that.

We all got it ... you gave them more money than you should have and you are mad.

I bought a group pf Series 1,2 and 3 of a TV programme, as Sophon / MNet shows so much rubbish.

In their catalogue, it was shown as a 5-5-7 disc set. No discount for bulk when asked. Tried to check the DVDs before walking off, but pushed away from the stall.

Got home and putting them into multi dics boxes, found it was only 5-5-5, so I was conned out of 2 discs.

The problems at the airports are going to be an excuse for months to come to try and get a few hundred more baht from farang. No matter where you are. The number of farang coming here is decreasing all the time.... the Thai want the same money in their pocket as before, so prices will go up for farang !! Normal Thai bisiness mentality.

Yes and the Farang caused the problem at the airport right??? *said in flippant tone with one eyebrow raised*

I'm with you Maverell.

hrmm i just read another thread on here where they were saying that when there are economic and political problems in thailand, historically crime starts to skyrocket. this is what i am afraid of... and farangs with money are an obvious target, especially the fewer of us there are after this mess. oh well. guess there is no point in talking about it, as i should know and accept this after living in thailand for so long??!???!!!!

Yeah always here the righteous people who never buy pirated movies. Let me think, 35 years ago when a vinyl LP was 1200 baht in my country, that was the time when record companies made zillions with there cartels and it was way to expensive to buy for a 18 y old music lover. Now I have my revenge!!!.

What surprises me is not that they use the crisis as an excuse to increase their prices, is that there are still people who buy pirated DVD. Come on, internet speed in Thailand is now fast enough to download good quality stuff instead of buying without knowing what you'll get.

Are you "stocking up" for the trip to NY? If so you should be careful since customs will take them if they decide to search your things. I don't what else they may do (fines?), but your name will surely end up on a list leading to you being searched every time you go back to the states in the future.

I see most of the trolls had to make an appearance in this thread. No idea why.

Hide them among some other things, wrap the box in wrapping paper, put that in another box, and label it as Christmas presents on the shipping label. Then mail it to a friend to hold for you until you get back. I don't think anything will have a 100% chance of success, just be creative.

So many jerks...

GirlX, we live in Thailand, pirated movies are the norm, there are more pirated movie stalls than legit shops (which mostly sell DVDs that can only be played in this country so why would you buy legit when it wont even work anywhere else?) The entire country is buying pirated dvds.... but somehow we are bad if we do it? Most movies SUCK, I'll be damned if Im going to pay full price for crap. 10% are good, and when I find a good movie I usualy buy a legit copy back home as I want a nice copy for my collection of GOOD movies. Not to mention you cannot even FIND tons of movie titles in this country at legit shops.

This has nothing to do with pirated movies, the mistake you made (and you should know this! but seem to be ruled by your fear of crying....) was giving in to his scam at the beginning, the second he tried you REFUSE, walk away, shop somewere else if he wont back down from his scam attempt.

...legit shops (which mostly sell DVDs that can only be played in this country so why would you buy legit when it wont even work anywhere else?)

Not so...most, if not all, DVD players can be reset to Region 0, which allows DVDs encoded with any region number to be played.

I was able to reset an LG player (bought in Thailand) and a Sanyo portable player (bought in USA). Both players required a few keypresses on the remote control to access the encoding value.

The exact model of my LG player was not listed, but I noticed that most LGs used the same procedure, so I just picked one and it worked fine.

Here is the link I used: http://www.dvd-unlock.co.uk/

No guarantees on that link...if it does not work, do a Google search on "DVD encoding" or something similar, you will get some hits.

Edit: I could not get the previous link to work... try this one: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Edited by mgjackson69

if you mean downloading i know already :o but it's too slow here...

This has nothing to do with pirated movies, the mistake you made (and you should know this! but seem to be ruled by your fear of crying....) was giving in to his scam at the beginning, the second he tried you REFUSE, walk away, shop somewere else if he wont back down from his scam attempt.

i know... you're right... i am a weakling. but i was more shocked that he lied so blatantly to my face. being a militantly honest person, i have a hard time understanding how people can do that. oh well... not the first time.

Downloading isnt slow in Thailand, perhaps at your apartment but if you are willing to pay (and its available at your location) you can download very fast. I pay 2400 a month at my office, web pages are still kind of slow.... but downloading is very fast, if I want something 5 gigs big it will only take a few hours to maybe a day if not many seeders.