Red Shirt Groups March In Pattaya

gk10002000

I was just having a coffee in a little shop across the street from soi 6 and saw a commotion down the road a ways. Looked like about 100 marchers wearing red shirts coming down second road. They turned inland.

Do I need a play book? What color is what team or side? Who are the teams for that matter? UDD? PAD?

there was some sort of HIV awareness march down beach rd to Bali hi. :o

I don't think this was them. I saw a bit of Pattaya Klang closed off between second road and beach road right at TOPs earlier in the day while the sun was up. One could not drive down to the water.

The red shirts were sighted around 7 PM on second road just before Soi 6. Seemed quite vocal, had a few police vehicles behind them as they were blocking a few lanes of traffic. I did not see where or when they got onto second road. If they were an HIV group I would have expected the to walk another 50 yards and turn down Soi 6!

A lot of people saw the commotion and got out of the way and started ducking into shops and bars and getting off the street, so I am pretty sure they were the political Red team.

there was some sort of HIV awareness march down beach rd to Bali hi. :D

I don't think this was them. I saw a bit of Pattaya Klang closed off between second road and beach road right at TOPs earlier in the day while the sun was up. One could not drive down to the water.

The red shirts were sighted around 7 PM on second road just before Soi 6. Seemed quite vocal, had a few police vehicles behind them as they were blocking a few lanes of traffic. I did not see where or when they got onto second road. If they were an HIV group I would have expected the to walk another 50 yards and turn down Soi 6!

A lot of people saw the commotion and got out of the way and started ducking into shops and bars and getting off the street, so I am pretty sure they were the political Red team.

ah ok i was indoors by 7pm. :o

Ahh the pro-democracy reds were marching in Pattaya - only hope they are heading to Swampy airport to sort out the PAD thugs.

Maybe they are anticipating the threatened onslaught of the yellow shirts in 14 southern municipalities. They were even considering blocking all the arterial roads in the south.

there was def a parade for 1st december - international AIDS day, so don't know if it was that.

there is also a parade on friday for the kings birthday. think that is in the evening, but not 100% sure.

of course the kings shirt colour is yellow <snip>

Edited by soundman

No it was the red shirts or pro government supporters who were swanning around Pattaya last night.

My girl was telling me that some of the baht bus drivers were refusing to pick up yellow shirted people and that some people who were wearing yellow shirts were taking them off because they were afraid of the backlash from the red shirts.

Yesterday got my yellow shirt on as I’m used to do for years.

Then ended up in a restaurant full of red shirts…. We felt a bit uncomfortable and the change of attitude surprised me. Evil…

My 2 cents. Don’t get involved with any of them. They are going to get nasty in a matter of seconds.

Yesterday got my yellow shirt on as I'm used to do for years.

Then ended up in a restaurant full of red shirts…. We felt a bit uncomfortable and the change of attitude surprised me. Evil…

My 2 cents. Don't get involved with any of them. They are going to get nasty in a matter of seconds.

stupidfarang - says it all mate