P A D: Entire Cabinet Must Leave Office

Buckwheat

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Somsak Kosaisuk on Tuesday vowed to continue rallying at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports and demanded the departure of the entire Cabinet.

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government.

He said every minister must depart along with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

Of 36 Cabinet members, 22 are not affected by the party disbandment and can carry on in the caretaker administration.

The Nation

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so we have their next target. And when the entire cabinet leaves office, what is their next target then?

I think we know their target. A mostly appointed government of "elites" and much less representation for the people at large.

Personally, I would like to see new elections, how about call in the UN and Jimmy Carter to make them fair and give them more credibility?

Of course, if relative of square face wins again, same old, same old ...

Edited by Jingthing

Okay, so we have their next target. And when the entire cabinet leaves office, what is their next target then?

The government is corrupt. Removing the PM who was not even in power when the crimes were committed is not by any means a solution.

PAD are right. They have always been right, and the courts have borne this fact out.

Calling something a democracy when it is not a democracy, does not make it one. Bought electoral seats are not democratic. Period.

Thailand is not, and has never been a democracy, and democracy does not work here in the way that westerners like yourself would like to imagine.

Get over it.

Edited by scratt

PAD are right. They have always been right, and the courts have borne this fact out.

I never said they were not right, but they actions are not right. What did seizing the airports bring or help? The courts had announced this date for a long time.

The government is corrupt. Removing the PM who was not even in power when the crimes were committed is not by any means a solution.

Get over it.

How is taking over 2 airports ever right? surely you can't believe this is a good thing.

Seriously what the hel_l more do they want? The PPP has been disbanded and Somchai Wongsawat has been removed as PM, wasn't that their goal the whole time? Just leave the airport already!!!

But you understood that Thaksin is still the same in power as before, nothing has changed yet.

Seriously what the hel_l more do they want? The PPP has been disbanded and Somchai Wongsawat has been removed as PM, wasn't that their goal the whole time? Just leave the airport already!!!

They want an end to corruption in government.

All Thaksin puppets no matter if TRT, TRT 2nd edition or TRT 3rd edition must leave.

And their children and their Childrens children , also any maid and drivers as well ,long way to go still

All Thaksin puppets no matter if TRT, TRT 2nd edition or TRT 3rd edition must leave.

And their children and their Childrens children , also any maid and drivers as well ,long way to go still

And in the chance that they would get re-elected, they could always return to the airport.

Absolutely. The rot is very very deeply rooted. Unfortunately PAD know this, and as unpopular as this may make them they are right.. I just hope the international community understands now with a supreme court verdict which is plain and simple for them to understand. TRT, PPP, and anything remotely associated with Thaksin stinks of corruption, and can in no way be called democracy.. Better to not have it than to have a sham!

Somsak Kosaisuk must be getting paid a fortune to let this protest drag out.

They have what they want, they will get another election, time to leave the airports and let democracy have a chance.

That's the whole point. They don't want fair elections; they don't want democracy. They want a government with 70% of the control given to their cronies.

They want an end to corruption in government.

Only way to achieve that is to have no politicians at all.

What did seizing the airports bring or help? The courts had announced this date for a long time.

Maybe sounds like a long time to you but the announcement was made three days after airport take over.

Just over a week ago PPP lawyers boasted that they could drag the trial for months with all their lined up witnesses.

All political commentators were expecting the verdict in the middle of this month at the easliest.

Next fight for passing amendments through the parliament was scheduled for next Monday, just in time to avoid sentencing in the 11th hour if the courts stuck with the original schedule.

And remember that they seized the airports to force the govt to resign, not to pressure courts. The govt thought that closure of the airports wasn't important enough to seek a solution, so PAD stayed. What did the govt achieve by being stubborn? What so important things did they do in this past week that they forced PAD's hand to keep the airports closed?

In all these days, nobody has been able to tell me how seizing the airports has changed the outcome of the verdicts today in any way.

I started another thread about this.

The explanation I got was that PPP was trying to change the constitution BEFORE the court verdict so that the court verdict would never happen, so that Thaksin could be pardoned, so that PPP could continue, so that Thaksin could be PM of Thailand. Remember they did block the government from taking that action and forced Somchai to hole up in Chiang Mai. If true, the PAD did accomplish the first step of their agenda.

This ain't over. It has hardly begun.

Edited by Jingthing

They have what they want, they will get another election, time to leave the airports and let democracy have a chance.

No that's a misunderstanding...there is no new election, just PPP is changing name and another TRT, PPP or however they are named is getting premier. NO NEW ELECTIONS.

No that's a misunderstanding...there is no new election, just PPP is changing name and another TRT, PPP or however they are named is getting premier. NO NEW ELECTIONS.

Totally legally and in accordance with the constitution I believe.

That's the whole point. They don't want fair elections; they don't want democracy. They want a government with 70% of the control given to their cronies.

God, these terrorist thugs of the PAD are UGLY :o

I wonder if there is any PAD supporter that talk about seizing air-port. Because I did not see any of them saying anything about it and all they do is posting how Thaskin is bad.

I think they know it is wrong but they just want to forget it. :o

Edited by SoMeOnEnUlL

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Somsak Kosaisuk on Tuesday vowed to continue rallying at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports and demanded the departure of the entire Cabinet.

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government.

He said every minister must depart along with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

Of 36 Cabinet members, 22 are not affected by the party disbandment and can carry on in the caretaker administration.

The Nation

Whether this is just somebody trying to stir up trouble, or a mis-quote, I cannot say.

What I can say with absolute certainty, listening to ASTV and the broadcast from the airport, is all those speakers are telling people to prepare to leave in a few hours.

A lot of discussions about being careful about the DADD, but all the protester are preparing to leave.

In some organizations, there are always a few hot heads, but 99% or the PAD realizes that to continue at the airport would accomplish nothing but bring the wrath of hel_l down on them.

There is no legal basis to stand on, nor moral basis as well.

In all these days, nobody has been able to tell me how seizing the airports has changed the outcome of the verdicts today in any way.

The explanation I got was that PPP was trying to change the constitution BEFORE the court verdict so that the court verdict would never happen, so that Thaksin could be pardoned, so that PPP could continue, so that Thaksin could be PM of Thailand. Remember they did block the government from taking that action and forced Somchai to hole up in Chiang Mai. If true, the PAD did accomplish the first step of their agenda.

That's the way that I see it.

Doe's anybody know if a caretaker government is able to change the constitution?

That's the way that I see it.

Doe's anybody know if a caretaker government is able to change the constitution?

That caretaker government will be replaced with a full powered government on the 8th or 9th and than we are in the same situation as before.

No real change.....there are no new elections, still the majority in parliament, still be able to do what they want.