P A D: Entire Cabinet Must Leave Office

Buckwheat

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we've seen the first stage of the expected 'judicial coup'. My guess is that we will now see how the Junta's Constitution can be interpreted first to stop the coalition government re-forming and then to stop fair elections taking place.

I'm curious myself if the predicted judicial coup materialises in any shape or form.

I'm talking a coup along the lines mentioned in recent Grispin's article - after the dissolution there's no legitimate govt or parliament left, judges use constitutional loophole to create an interim ruling body that implements "new politics" or some other political reform, then there are elections.

an unelected "appointed" government body is going to come in and rewrite the law books THEN we can hold elections

no wonder the red shirts are ready for a civil war

The evil PAD terrorists have won against the corrupt PPP.

There are 2 forces and neither one is right.

The Military, the courts, the ultra rich. These guys want the powerful to rule and they hate democracy.

The PPP represents the majority of the people. The government has always been corrupt so why cant this corruption work in their favor for once.

The PAD will never leave the airport until Thailand becomes a military dictatorship.

The courts have just declared Thailand a military state free of all democracy.

How much longer before Thailand turns into Myanmar/Burma.

It is my opinion that PAD will not leave the airport until the army tells them to leave. I would guess that by this weekend the PAD will be told to leave voluntarily or that the army will force them out by whatever means necessary. PAD is no longer dealing with an impotent crippled government. With Thai politics in a complete shambles SOMEONE must take charge.

Thailand has no government or PM and Bangkok has no governor.

What will happen to us now with no one to tell us what to do.

Thailand truly has become like "heaven on earth" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a caretaker PM, and the cabinet hasn't yet resigned.

There is an acting Bangkok Governor.

As it would appear that there is now a (albiet caretaker) PM, isn't it time to enforce the SOE regarding the airports?

FF

Well, we've seen the first stage of the expected 'judicial coup'. My guess is that we will now see how the Junta's Constitution can be interpreted first to stop the coalition government re-forming and then to stop fair elections taking place.

I'm curious myself if the predicted judicial coup materialises in any shape or form.

I'm talking a coup along the lines mentioned in recent Grispin's article - after the dissolution there's no legitimate govt or parliament left, judges use constitutional loophole to create an interim ruling body that implements "new politics" or some other political reform, then there are elections.

an unelected "appointed" government body is going to come in and rewrite the law books THEN we can hold elections

no wonder the red shirts are ready for a civil war

Everything depends on the payments...I guess to mobilize reds for fighting will be very expensive.

----------

PAD are right. They have always been right, and the courts have borne this fact out.

Calling something a democracy when it is not a democracy, does not make it one. Bought electoral seats are not democratic. Period.

----------

Yet those who attempted to buy seats and failed, the politicians that PAD are supporting, are smelling of roses and get another chance to participate in future elections. Bullshit!!!

Facts' to support this or just an emotion driven opinion you are airing?

Ko Samui ah! You would certainly know <deleted> goes on here in upper Isaan. If you had seen any of my previous posts you will know TW is the election 'Returning Officer' in our Tambon so I'm telling it is FACT. They ALL pay whether it's 200 or 50 Baht FACT. The electors pocket the money from all candidates and vote for their favourite AND not necessarily the person who gave em the 200 Baht ---- FACT.

Dont Like to just follow on posts but this last post realy gets to me.

I have two houses in the Isan area just south of Korat. Two seperate amphur.

Several Tambon and only the PPP in these areas where giving out money.

When I speak to these people they say they would not vote that way again. No it is not fact it is here say. Will they or wont they all I no is they all photographed using the mobile phone what they voted for to get there money. That is fact because I have seen photos with my own eyes.

This was never an elected government. Forget the vote buying the coalition partys vowed not to join the PPP. So how come they did.

Lets have some new elections and see Thailand back to the place we all love.

P.S. it is not just politicians that need to be brought to book. Most of the police need to as well.

OK I went back in and listened....right now they are saying if you don't want to go home you don't have too. Tonight have the meeting of the 5 PAD leaders. That Somchai had made a list 2 days ago for the people to take over the government. That for the past year this government has not done good for the people of Thailand. We cannot let this government continue. They say they have to wait to see what the 5 leaders say...we have come a long way, and we won, but this is the last battle and we must make it a change, and eliminate Thaskin and his group...we have come a long way...

(on and on)

My wife thinks they will stay...if something happens to the protest a lot of local Bangkok people will come out besides, they saw the moon smile last night....(how can you argue with logic like that.)

They'd rather see this resolved all the way than half way. Makes sense in its own way.

Smile... moon... smile...

I am aware of a Pediatric Surgeon trying to get back to their home country as soon as possible. So far all of the operations that they were supposed to be doing this week on sick children have had to be cancelled. There comes a point when these types of situations move from a serious protest (I am all for the right of people to protest) to something that causes great harm to others. Please PAD, you have won a battle, dont do more harm in an all out attempt to win the entire war this way. It is not acceptable to hold so many people hostage in this way.

I am aware of a Pediatric Surgeon trying to get back to their home country as soon as possible. So far all of the operations that they were supposed to be doing this week on sick children have had to be cancelled. There comes a point when these types of situations move from a serious protest (I am all for the right of people to protest) to something that causes great harm to others. Please PAD, you have won a battle, dont do more harm in an all out attempt to win the entire war this way. It is not acceptable to hold so many people hostage in this way.

Pulease! I have been in and out of the country twice this last week.

If you need to you can do so...

Myself, and that pediatric surgeon are not package holiday makers who don't want to shell out a few quid, or are too lazy to sit on a bus for a while in order to achieve their aims.

Appealing the PAD to use logic or wisdom, or have mercy is foolish. They are not capable.

I was going to write a riposte to your wisdom and compassion, but instead I will congratulate you on successfully leaving a country that for many, are finding a little too hospitable at the moment.

I wish you well and encourage you to leave the country as often as you can.

Okay, so we have their next target. And when the entire cabinet leaves office, what is their next target then?

The government is corrupt. Removing the PM who was not even in power when the crimes were committed is not by any means a solution.

PAD are right. They have always been right, and the courts have borne this fact out.

Calling something a democracy when it is not a democracy, does not make it one. Bought electoral seats are not democratic. Period.

Thailand is not, and has never been a democracy, and democracy does not work here in the way that westerners like yourself would like to imagine.

Get over it.

Allow me to highlight your own words.....PAD supporter

Calling something a democracy when it is not a democracy does not make it one

I was going to write a riposte to your wisdom and compassion, but instead I will congratulate you on successfully leaving a country that for many, are finding a little too hospitable at the moment.

The "leave if you disagree with me personally" is a lame argument.

Thailand is the most wonderful country in the world because of the NamJai poor people.

The problem is the 5% minority PAD who are destroying democracy and the lives of the best people in earth.

---------------

In case it isn't obvious to you, aparantly not, there are LOTS of Issan people on Koh Samui.

I see some 3-4 people from isasan almost every day. ---------

The world here isn't nearly as parochial as you imagine.

Duh! :o 3 or 4 girls from Isaan are your benchmark --- Bullshit!

I simply posted a link to the Puea Thai party, or have you responded to the wrong post?

So they get rid of a smart, corrupt politician (not Somchai) so they can replace him with a bunch of stupid, corrupt politicians. Then they have a group called People's Alliance for Democracy who believe poor people should not be allowed to vote. This same bunch also apparently believes they should not be allowed to work or eat, as they have put a million people or so out of work. It is even better because they choose to do all this during an economic crisis. I have to believe anyone, Thai or farang, who supported this evil bulls--t must be one of the geeks from Bangkok who stand to make money off all this misery, although I can't see how, or perhaps the poor farmers or Isaan people were not going along with their agenda.

In all these days, nobody has been able to tell me how seizing the airports has changed the outcome of the verdicts today in any way.

I started another thread about this.

The explanation I got was that PPP was trying to change the constitution BEFORE the court verdict so that the court verdict would never happen, so that Thaksin could be pardoned, so that PPP could continue, so that Thaksin could be PM of Thailand. Remember they did block the government from taking that action and forced Somchai to hole up in Chiang Mai. If true, the PAD did accomplish the first step of their agenda.

This ain't over. It has hardly begun.

That's the way that I see it.

Doe's anybody know if a caretaker government is able to change the constitution?

That caretaker government will be replaced with a full powered government on the 8th or 9th and than we are in the same situation as before.

No real change.....there are no new elections, still the majority in parliament, still be able to do what they want.

Don't you just hate that about majorities? Think they have some sort of entitlement to run the country. Maybe next time the junta wont just make it hard for them to win but impossible. There again the PAD have already floated the 70/30 haven't they? :o

What is the word coming from the stage?

The word coming from the stage about 1 hour ago was "Plan on leaving this evening".

Then there was a long explanation about the law and how all the Court ruling worked.

you mean to say that these "intellectuals", who are protesting so the "idiots" from upcountry cant vote anymore, these intellectuals needed a LONG explanation on how the court ruling worked huh?

In all these days, nobody has been able to tell me how seizing the airports has changed the outcome of the verdicts today in any way.

I started another thread about this.

The explanation I got was that PPP was trying to change the constitution BEFORE the court verdict so that the court verdict would never happen, so that Thaksin could be pardoned, so that PPP could continue, so that Thaksin could be PM of Thailand. Remember they did block the government from taking that action and forced Somchai to hole up in Chiang Mai. If true, the PAD did accomplish the first step of their agenda.

This ain't over. It has hardly begun.

That's the way that I see it.

Doe's anybody know if a caretaker government is able to change the constitution?

That caretaker government will be replaced with a full powered government on the 8th or 9th and than we are in the same situation as before.

No real change.....there are no new elections, still the majority in parliament, still be able to do what they want.

Don't you just hate that about majorities? Think they have some sort of entitlement to run the country. Maybe next time the junta wont just make it hard for them to win but impossible. There again the PAD have already floated the 70/30 haven't they? :o

After the court ruled that the party did vote buying and got dissolved they have no entitlement at all. They can do it because there is a loophole which allows them to stick to power. They should be ashamed and call for new elections.

After the court ruled that the party did vote buying and got dissolved they have no entitlement at all. They can do it because there is a loophole which allows them to stick to power. They should be ashamed and call for new elections.

there we go...new elections, you see....nobody wants new elections, we just went through elections, and you never know if you will always have alcohol enough at home, no alcohol for the pre election of the pre election of the pre election, you're just bound to get caught out at least once :o

Everything depends on the payments...I guess to mobilize reds for fighting will be very expensive.

h90.......... so many times when people claim that PAD protesters are being paid, you jump on them with stories about how you/your wife/your staff know that it's not the case. So, if people wearing yellow can be so dedicated - just how is it that you refuse to accept that their opposite numbers wearing red cannot be?

I don't know one way or the other - and neither do you. How about you stick to known facts?

Seriously what the hel_l more do they want? The PPP has been disbanded and Somchai Wongsawat has been removed as PM, wasn't that their goal the whole time? Just leave the airport already!!!

They want an end to corruption in government.

"They want an end to corruption in government" and everyone knows that hel_l will freeze over first.

It's in the genes of the people "corruption is all that they know" and the eradication of corruption in Thailand will not occur in anyone on TV's lifetime,

Seriously what the hel_l more do they want? The PPP has been disbanded and Somchai Wongsawat has been removed as PM, wasn't that their goal the whole time? Just leave the airport already!!!

They want an end to corruption in government.

"They want an end to corruption in government" and everyone knows that hel_l will freeze over first.

It's in the genes of the people "corruption is all that they know" and the eradication of corruption in Thailand will not occur in anyone on TV's lifetime,

Anybody who thinks they want an end to corrupt govt. is only listening to half the statement they make every time they speak. The unimportant half at that.

I see some 3-4 people from isasan almost every day. They got cell phones to home folks.

So it's not like you have to be there daily to hear the news of the north.

And many of these Issan folks here speak decent english and give clear opinions.

My info comes from Chaing Dao to Chaing Mai and Rai, Khon Kean and Ubon R.

heh heh heh ! wink-wink....I hear ya !

Okay, so we have their next target. And when the entire cabinet leaves office, what is their next target then?

The government is corrupt. Removing the PM who was not even in power when the crimes were committed is not by any means a solution.

Thailand is not, and has never been a democracy, and democracy does not work here in the way that westerners like yourself would like to imagine.

Get over it.

Allow me to highlight your own words.....PAD supporter

Calling something a democracy when it is not a democracy does not make it one

Feel free to highlight / quote my words. It can only make at least part of your post have at least some meaning, as opposed to the usual trolling rubbish you spout.

But perhaps you could actually clarify your point?

Edited by scratt

Get over it.

Quite clear leaders of PAD dont give a toss about anyone or anything except themselves.

You dont need to be thai to understand trapping innocent travellers causing untold hardship is mindless fascism.

All Thaksin puppets no matter if TRT, TRT 2nd edition or TRT 3rd edition must leave.

And their children and their Childrens children , also any maid and drivers as well ,long way to go still

Absolutely. The rot is very very deeply rooted. Unfortunately PAD know this, and as unpopular as this may make them they are right.. I just hope the international community understands now with a supreme court verdict which is plain and simple for them to understand. TRT, PPP, and anything remotely associated with Thaksin stinks of corruption, and can in no way be called democracy.. Better to not have it than to have a sham!

All the international community understands is that a bunch of mindless self interested and minority goons have placed their citizens in jeopordy and caused needless hardship for thousands of foreign tourists and hundreds of thousands of innocent thai people who will now struggle to make a living with massively reduced tourist input.

From the ourside world what is seen is a minority group holding a whole country to ransome. The authorities being utterly unable to protect national interests and corruption at the heart of everything.

Very sad for a beautifull country and wonderfull if misinformed people.