Finding Topics

tgeezer

I have been trying to find a topic to which I contributed last year, the combined efforts of the Thai language forum came up with a new idiom in Thai, I didn't agree with it then and I want to see if I have learned anything since. The English idiom was 'it never rains but it pours.

click on your own profile and then click on posts by this member under your name. It should give you your entire posting history. Unfortunately, at the time there is a forum glitch only showing the first word of the post, but you can look and see what forum it was in and the date.

click on your own profile and then click on posts by this member under your name. It should give you your entire posting history. Unfortunately, at the time there is a forum glitch only showing the first word of the post, but you can look and see what forum it was in and the date.

thanks I will try that.

We are waiting for a bugfix from the software vendor. Expect it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks. I have discovered quite a lot about forums by following the above advice, not managed to find the topic however. I wonder what the opinion of members is on personal information. I noticed that some people had visited me and would have wasted their time, so I put in some details about myself then reconsidered; is it a good idea in these days of ID fraud? What is the opinion of experienced i'net people.

What is the opinion of experienced i'net people.

Depends on your comfort level. Items like favorite things/hobbies make it useful for like minded individuals to be aware of others with similar tastes. I disable my e-mail address for privacy. A personal photo such as what you do or favorite shot is fine and a link to your personal or favorite website also. But putting your real name, address and phone number up - well, opens up a can of worms. :o