The Bed Club

Enjibenji

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a silly comment, the Thai sit around whisky joints are so much better.

are you being sarcastic? i have nothing against thai style nightlife, but surely they can find something more interesting and stimulating to do on occasion other than standing around a table with their whiskey set?

I was being sarcastic about Thai style nightclubs. but my comment about your statement was blaming all the farang style nightclubs for bangkok's 'scene' as dire.

I wonder what the nightclub scene in Denver will be - farang style = dire as well? what are you looking for then, what could we have in bangkok that would excite you (until the fad wears off)?

actually, I suspect girlx won't be too disappointed. Boulder has a thriving night scene, being a Uni town as well as a bastion of new age hipsterness. Denver has a pretty good club scene and lots of live venues too. And its not the redneck one horse town that it used to be :o

well, i grew up in a club in boulder- i think times have changed a lot since, it's gotten a lot yuppified since i left, i don't expect it to be as fun as it once was. but still, at least you can find art and live music and experimental DJs and the like, it's not just people standing around getting drunk and checking for accessories.

i guess i compare everything to NY, which is probably not fair. but for a "world class" city, bangkok has little to offer, i think.

narcissus is my haven, its reliably good. And, on the 8th, Oakenfold is playing.

ANd dont forget, tiesto and corsten and shcultz on 24th and 30th at zen rooftop

I haven't seen since it was redone as Narz. Oakenfold on 8th April? I'm in UK until end of June but will have to check it out soon after I arrive back.

this is what happens when people stop taking e..

not that its healthy...i havent took it for a while but...seriously...everything was much better then..or maybe it just felt better haha :D

Whose stopped? Seriously though, nothing worse than taking vitamin e and then being in a club where the mixing or music is sub-standard – or not to your liking – and where everyone is just standing or sitting around trying to be noticed, trying to pick-up or get picked up.

At most of the BKK clubs I've been in so far it would need more than some vit. e to make it a good night. The exception was DDM and they've closed down unfortunately. Hip hop, commercial house and a room full of people who think they are hi-so or special because of their looks but who are really just looking for their nightly meal ticket are not condusive to taking your vitamins.

As far as the health aspects go, the dangers are greatly overstated. In fact it's safer to offer someone e than it is to offer them peanuts. I've never seen anyone die from taking e and I know there is always plenty at the gigs I play at. The deaths that have been attributed to e later usually turn out to be PMA or something else.

Read: Killer PMA back in Aussie clubs

If e was marked up the same way most BKK clubs mark up their drink prices then it would end up being a really expensive night. Proportionately BKK clubs are a lot more expensive than those in China, Vietnam, Indonesia or even Australia and in my opinion offer nothing better than clubs in these places.

In fact, music wise, what is on offer in BKK is considerably less than in these other places - fine if you want to guzzle copious amounts of whisky and finish the night vomiting in the streets, but far from the good times people have in these other places.

:o

narcissus is my haven, its reliably good. And, on the 8th, Oakenfold is playing.

ANd dont forget, tiesto and corsten and shcultz on 24th and 30th at zen rooftop

I haven't seen since it was redone as Narz. Oakenfold on 8th April? I'm in UK until end of June but will have to check it out soon after I arrive back.

oakenfold is a trainwreck, why bother?

the new narz is great, owned by HRM too so never raided, just be careful on your way out as cops like to wait.

t.s here's your favourite singer I found for you as you asked:

and for the cool people, use this to clean your ears after the above:

Have anyone more info about the Tiesto, Ferry and Oakenfield gigs? Last time the Bkk crowd totally succeeded in being boring at the Tiesto gig at the River. But what to expect when they only hand out and invite the utterly dull wannabe-hiso-look-at-me-people.

Ohh, have anyone been to Soda on Ekkamai yet?

>> Oakenfold is a trainwreck, why bother?<<

You must be joking. Better stay in the hip hop clubs t.s.

no i am not joking, and i dont listen to hiphop.

in fact i pretty much listen entirely to edm, and have been listening for many years. i have seen oakenfold 3 times in bkk: twice at narcissus and once at ministry of sound. ministy of sound was for the release of that awful album of his, the last narcissus session i saw he was so twatted he was not mixing but dropping tracks in.

i have done a fair bit of djing and had a club review site up for a couple of years a few years back when Astra was just opening and the club scene here seemed to explode with a international talent other than oakenfold.

Unfortunately i couldn't keep up the pace that 2 gigs a week and work required, so i chose work and the site became ignored, since then the scene has gone pretty stagnant again.

i dont do gigs in bangkok much anymore, but i am always up for a backyard session on kpg, and certainly enjoy the odd night at the stadium in jakarta.

while i literally grew up listening to trance i outgrew it in the gatecrasher days when it became fluffy and quite dull.

I prefer prog-breaks, electro, tech house, d&B and minimal these days. Im also prety interested in the fidget sounds but havent been to any shows of late. i basically like it dirty.

but i doubt it

if you want to know what i think of music and of the last oakenfold performace i saw. perhaps he has improved

if you are in the least interested, this is what i though of the last oakenfold gig i saw:

http://nocturnalremission.com/2005/06/20/oakenfold/#more-13

Edited by t.s

ts. Read your review and you are obviously someone who doesn't hand around hip hop clubs so I withdraw that assertion.

Interesting what you had to say.

Pretty good writing and captures the feel of the night. To bad Oakey was off his form. Guess we can all have a bad night - especially with the wrong chemicals :o The play list sucks by the look of it.

A 1.40 gig?? &lt;deleted&gt;?? Sounds like a rip-off to me. I always play at least two hours.

If I played those tunes or for that short period of time I'd be expecting to dodge bottles. Maybe just as well for him there was so much stimulating material around.

>>i couldn't keep up the pace that 2 gigs a week and work required<< Yeah, it gets hard. Totally understand what you mean.

I'll PM you.

Peace bro.

Just face it ya all, the summer of love will never return.

Those where the days and the good party's where held about ten-twelve years ago.

After that commerce came in and took over.

I played at some private gigs in BKK and they where really good, just about 50-100 people.

All very open minded peeps.

Take care all!

Alex

http://www.opworldwide.com/editionbangkok/

club culture deadma5 gig was great, crowd got into it with only a small delay, and it was rammed.

t.s. goes to stadium, who would have guessed it.

Hey, t.s. is hip. Read his review on Oakey - pretty good report.

Thought I head earlier this year that Stadium had closed down - either that or Embassy. PRetty sure it was Stadium though. Both good clubs in Jakarta and with better play lists than you'll find in BKK. I've played both and and they're both great venues. The hi-so Thais wouldn't like either of them because people go to these places to dance.

Its worth dining their just for the experience, pricey though but you do get to keep the bed all night. Great for a laugh or when you have friends in town who absolutely must go clubbing

What's the best choice on saturdays?

IMHO it used to be DDM for a great night without the ho's but now...??

Someone with some good suggestions?

I've got a feeling t.s. and Alexlah might know but I think it's all pretty grim these days. Even GirlX said she was gving up clubbing in BKK so I think it's a choice between ho's and Hi-so places. The Khao San road music festival next week should be good though.

girlx, have you still not made in to Club Culture yet?

... and it only around the corner from ya.

no one will go with me! and i don't like going to clubs by myself! :o getting people to try new things is like pulling teeth here.

Like going to clubs on your own.

Sorry but if I go to a club and feel the need to lie down, then I know it's time to go home.

:D:D:D:D:wai:

What a sad sounding individual Charlie Brooker is. Then again, sounds like he's been on the BKK clubbing circuit rather than the London circuit. Somebody needs to hand him a Sang Som bucket with a gound up e or two in it. Then again, perhaps not. Sounds like it would be a total waste of good vitamins.

The response comments are well worth reading too.

Who else is going to the Khao San music festival next week??

:o

club culture deadma5 gig was great, crowd got into it with only a small delay, and it was rammed.

Thought I head earlier this year that Stadium had closed down - either that or Embassy. PRetty sure it was Stadium though. Both good clubs in Jakarta and with better play lists than you'll find in BKK. I've played both and and they're both great venues. The hi-so Thais wouldn't like either of them because people go to these places to dance.

last i was there it was october,havent heard anything about it shutting, but havent really been paying attention.

yes will, who woulda thunk?

have to admit when reading it back my use of the term "doing gigs" made it appear like i played out regularly. i meant going to them.

i was pretty much confined to house parties (albeit quite a few), only club i played at was riverside in cambodia with a friend.

didn't mean to misrepresent myself, sorry.

as for recently i procreated, and that has put a severe dent in my clubbing.