New Mobile

Bizz

Due for an upgrade of my mobile . DONT NEED A CAMERA got two digitals 4megs and 5 megs.

Whats out there.

Usually ask my Son.

Usually give him the remote for the new tv to figer out.

What phone to get upgrade near enough free.

Just a word of warning when purchasing new phone: Some of the small stalls that sell mobiles also deal in second hand phones, and have been known to sell second hand phones as new, especially those stalls in the MBK. The dealers only make about 300bht or so on each new phone sold, and they make an extra 1000bht plus if they sell old phones as new. Also, with such a small profit margin, there's very little room for haggling, so you can get the same price at a supermarket or reputable chain.

UPDATE

I know i said i would not get a camera phone but i got a Nokia 6230 and am still playing with it.

At least i can access email when away. Got a free blue tooth for car all for €99 plus free insurance for one year.

Ok i had to sign up for another year.

edit

with vodaphone.

Edited by Bizz

A bit confused about the memery its only 32mb in the 6230 and have a 512 mb in camera digital can this be changed over from camera to phone.?

Assuming it is the same type of memory

Just got a 6230 myself in the UK. And can get a 512Mb Memory card for £33 delivered - so will be upgrading really soon. Handy for those little spur of the moment videos one wants to make :o

K

How much is the 6630 compared to the 6230 in LoS?

The 6630 is about 21,000 baht, I got a 6230 for 13,800 recently but some stores are a bit higher. One annoyance with the 6630 is that it apparently uses a different kind of flash memory - Dual Voltage Reduced Size Multimedia Cards (DVRS-MMC) !!!!!

(Which you can't buy anywhere - yet).

There's a good post about the 6630's shortcomings here or you can read my much less good about it here. I think you can get a Bluetooth keyboard to go with it, which might be sort of useful. If you're a geek :o

Edited by Crushdepth

Still havent got the info on memory can i upgrade in BKK WHERE AND HOW MUCH.

Krider where did you order the memery from at £33 sterling thats about €47.

Will be in BKK next week can i get it there people.

• 1 year later...

I had a lot of probems using my 6230 with AIS, but i updated firmware from nokia service centre, and now do not have any problems and can stay online all week. Also i signed up for onspeed makes web brosing on gprs a heck of a lot faster

You lucky bastard :D

The 6230 is the bees knees!

A$600 sim free in Aus........... Oh , I wish :o

The 6630 is about 21,000 baht, I got a 6230 for 13,800 recently but some stores are a bit higher. One annoyance with the 6630 is that it apparently uses a different kind of flash memory - Dual Voltage Reduced Size Multimedia Cards (DVRS-MMC) !!!!!

(Which you can't buy anywhere - yet).

Just bought a new Nokia 6230i (in white), complete with USB cable, CD ROM, ear piece, 32mb memory card, white charger and white case for 9,700 baht....boxed and manufactured in April 2006.

I was just wondering if anyone has seen the nokia 6131 in any stores yet in thailand? I have been asking at the nokia shop here in pattaya but I just get a blank look. Its on the nokia thai web site so it should be here. :o

I was just wondering if anyone has seen the nokia 6131 in any stores yet in thailand? I have been asking at the nokia shop here in pattaya but I just get a blank look. Its on the nokia thai web site so it should be here. :o

Available:Planned in the second quarter of 2006

According to the Nokia A/P website.

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,8764,27023,00.html

go to "Upcoming models".

That's very expensive. Want cheaper & original one?

6630 for approx 12330 Baht (1 THB = 236 IDR).

Check this out: http://www.globalteleshop.com/ponsel.jsp (Nokia authorized distributor)

I always used an old Ericsson T-39. Unfortunately I lost it. I loved that phone. I went out and bought a new Nokia with a camera, memory card and all the goodies. I hated it. The good part is that my wife loved the new Nokia. I traded for her old Nokia and didn't like that either. I'm so used to using a clam shell phone that nothing else feels right. I bought a Siemens clam shell and other than battery life I like it fine. I don't need a camera or much of anything else. My phone is to talk with and as long as it does that well nothing else is needed. :o