No Departure Passport Stamp In Manila

In Aug 08' my girlfriend and I left Manila Philippines. We went through the immigration security check where we chatted with the officer. After boarding our flight I discovered that she had stamped my girlfriend's passport but failed to stamp my passport. My question is that would there be a chance of running into some trouble the next time I try to enter the Philippines? Having no departure stamp would they assume I have overstayed my Visa all this time? Has anyone here had a similar experience? Who can I contact with more information about this matter?

Thank you..

In Aug 08' my girlfriend and I left Manila Philippines. We went through the immigration security check where we chatted with the officer. After boarding our flight I discovered that she had stamped my girlfriend's passport but failed to stamp my passport. My question is that would there be a chance of running into some trouble the next time I try to enter the Philippines? Having no departure stamp would they assume I have overstayed my Visa all this time? Has anyone here had a similar experience? Who can I contact with more information about this matter?

Thank you..

Hmm, I'd think yes, could be a problem next trip. You'd at least have a stamp in your passport that you arrived Bangkok on day X that month, that should help. Did you save your plane ticket, eTicket, baggage check tag, boarding pass, etc? That'd all help to demonstrate that you did, indeed, depart on day X.

Doubt if the Phil Embassy there on Sukumvit about Soi 30 would assist but couldn't hurt to take what documents you have down to their Consular Section and ask if they'd give you some sort of letter to show that you arrived back in the LoS on or about day X.

Mac

Mac.. Thanks for the response.. Actually I am in the United States now.. We flew from Manila to the US.. In the US they did stamp my Passport that I arrived in the US.. I still have my eticket.. The stamp on the Passport in the US says the Month Day and Year I arrived back.. Just wondering if missing that departure stamp in Manila would be a problem? Would they even notice something like that? Thanks... Thanks for the good tips by the way.. If I plan to travel back to the Philippines I will get a letter here in the US. Don't wont to take any chances.. Thanks again

Mac.. Thanks for the response.. Actually I am in the United States now.. We flew from Manila to the US.. In the US they did stamp my Passport that I arrived in the US.. I still have my eticket.. The stamp on the Passport in the US says the Month Day and Year I arrived back.. Just wondering if missing that departure stamp in Manila would be a problem? Would they even notice something like that? Thanks... Thanks for the good tips by the way.. If I plan to travel back to the Philippines I will get a letter here in the US. Don't wont to take any chances.. Thanks again

I was 3 month in the US last year and they didn't give me a exit stamp too, when i leave the country. This is Bush's Homeland Security, not secure at all when they don't control visitors departure.

Australia doesn't stamp passports for citizens going out or coming back, unless you actually want it, then they will.

I imagine they automatically always stamp passports of non citizens, not sure about Permanent Residents.

I don't think it would be of concern (the non stamp) as again I would think that all countries now as soon as they get a passport at Immigration, have all the information stored in their IT system.

I doubt very much if you will encounter any problems.

I took the bus from Had yai to Singapore about 20 years ago, I was asleep on the back of the bus, when I awoke we were in Singapore. Not only had I not been stamped out of Malaysia, I hadnt been stamped into Singapore!!. I took a taxi back to the border, he advised me walk past the singapore immigration office then just turn around and walk back, dont bother going to the malaysian side, too much bother. So I did just that, got a stamp into Singapore and went on my way. I have returned to malaysia many times since then and never had a problem.

Not sure that would work these days though, the border post has changed considerably since then.

regards

Freddie

I was 3 month in the US last year and they didn't give me a exit stamp too, when i leave the country. This is Bush's Homeland Security, not secure at all when they don't control visitors departure.

The US does not have an exit immigration, you give your passport and if a non-resident, the I-94 card, to the airline at check in and USCIS is tied into the airlines computer system and knows who left.

TH