Thai Airways To Sue Pad For 20 Billion Baht

george

Thai Airways to sue PAD for 20 Billion Baht

BANGKOK: -- The board of Thai Airways decided to sue PAD for more than 20 Billion Baht for causing the company to cancel flights, which will result in lower revenue.

-- Bangkok Post 2008-12-03

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BANGKOK: -- The board of Thai Airways decided to sue PAD for more than 20 Billion Baht for causing the company to cancel flights, which will result in lower revenue.

Followed by AOT and all the other airlines

So they're going to sue PAD but what exactly is PAD? A registered business? A registered charity? A legally recognised organisation? Just what exactly is it they are going to sue? What assets does it have? hmm....

They won't have much luck. PAD had a peaceful demonstration their and the airport decided to close for security reasons.

No doubt that it is not real but they made it that way and all media reported it that way.

seems like they have foreseen that.

Thai Airways is looking more and more likely to be going under, its been borrowing huge chunks of money for months now to pay staff and running at quite a loss, I was on a Thai Airways flight a couple of days ago and even the staff were convinced they would go under very soon. Use those airmiles up folks or they will be voided!

Update:

THAI to sue PAD over closure of airports

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International (THAI) decided Wednesday to sue People's Alliance for Democracy for about 20 billion baht for closing Suvarnabhumi and Don Muaeng airports for a week, resulting in the cut in its revenue.

Permanent secretary of Transport Ministry Surachai Tansitpong, who also serves as chairman of THAI, said the anti-government protests at the two airports cause the company to be at a disadvantage because it had to cancel all flights during the demonstration.

The initial solution plan, he said, is to ask for the government for financial assistance to increase liquidity of the company.

A THAI flight from Phuket became the first plane to land at Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday afternoon, with international services to Sydney, New Delhi, Narita, Frankfurt, Seoul and Copenhagen due later in the day.

More than 350,000 travellers were trapped in Thailand by the chaos, with governments around the world operating emergency flights to evacuate desperate tourists.

They won't have much luck. PAD had a peaceful demonstration their and the airport decided to close for security reasons.

No doubt that it is not real but they made it that way and all media reported it that way.

seems like they have foreseen that.

Your posts are a constant cause of wonder. Yet an insight for all that.

Anywhere else it would probably possible to sue organizers, here I doubt it due to connections. Aside from that they could just threaten to take over the airport again. Probably just Thai chasing a government handout.

And finally, hopefully things will calm down and some deals get done. Who really cares what bunch get their snouts in the trough if harmony ensues.

Thai Airways is looking more and more likely to be going under, its been borrowing huge chunks of money for months now to pay staff and running at quite a loss, I was on a Thai Airways flight a couple of days ago and even the staff were convinced they would go under very soon. Use those airmiles up folks or they will be voided!

Agreed, they were already on the slide before the recent troubles. Now they're going to be on the ropes as people decide not to fly with them again for being sympathetic too PAD. Will probably go bust then resurface with a new name .

Chai Yo.

I wouldn't mind a go myself as I have lost a good few thousand berties.

Be a laugh if there was a class suit from the many thousands of injured parties. Is that possible in Thailand?

Of course PB would be on the defence side claiming we are all nancies. :o

Sorry for posting same on general topics.

Maybe they should sue he who tacitly gave allowances for PAD to remain protesting and trespassing. Oh wait, we can't talk about that entity. Shhhhh!

You realize who owns Thai Airways, right? :o

Still, I think visits to wounded or dead PAD protesters by certain very high up entities showed Thailand where sympathies and sides lay.....

Keep in mind that the 20 billions in losses are just Thai Airways. Add to that losses from imports and exports, tourism, and who knows what else. I don't really have the time to find out who owns what in Thailand, but I would imagine if PAD stormed the airport again next Monday, they would be treated a lot differently than they were last time.