Thai Embassies / Consulates In Lao

wildpikey

Ive recently heard there's more than 1 Thai embassy in Lao.

Has anyone ever heard of another one? i was told there's a small consulate a bus ride away from Vientienne in a small town? anyone know of it?

I assume you are talking about Vientiane. There is one consulate only. That is where you want to go. The tuk tuk drivers do not know the difference between Thai Embassy and Thai Consulate. It is very simple: Coming from the monument (can't miss the monument), the Thai Embassy is on your right on That Luang Road. About 400-500 meters or less, further down on the same road on the opposite side of the street is the Thai Consulate. The name of the road changes to Rue 23 Singha but just go straight on the same road, you could even walk.

Edited by elektrified

Ive recently heard there's more than 1 Thai embassy in Lao.

Has anyone ever heard of another one? i was told there's a small consulate a bus ride away from Vientienne in a small town? anyone know of it?

I assume you are talking about Vientiane. There is one consulate only. That is where you want to go. The tuk tuk drivers do not know the difference between Thai Embassy and Thai Consulate. It is very simple: Coming from the monument (can't miss the monument), the Thai Embassy is on your right on That Luang Road. About 400-500 meters or less, further down on the same road on the opposite side of the street is the Thai Consulate. The name of the road changes to Rue 23 Singha but just go straight on the same road, you could even walk.

just found out actually.

theres a smaller consulate, but its in savannakhet which is right over on the east side near the mukdahan border crossing with thailand. Not too far north of Ubon