Xmas Dinner

gisjames

Any advice on the best place to go for a Christmas dinner this year in BKK?

I've got 2 kids. so the entertainment and atmosphere is more important than the standard of the food, and we'll be having a home cooked Christmas dinner on the 29th anyway.

Any suggestions?

I've got 2 kids. so the entertainment and atmosphere is more important than the standard of the food, and we'll be having a home cooked Christmas dinner on the 29th anyway.

Any suggestions?

Many 5* hotels across Bangkok are offering kids entertainment and activities, but as far as I noticed it's mainly for Christmas lunch.

Maybe check with Grande Sukhumvit (Sheraton), they might have a kid's corner for the Eve.

Not sure if this is going to work for you but a friend of mine, is putting on a dinner on the 25th at 7:00pm ish.

I am still in Canada till the 28th of Jan But I am sure if you contact him he would be more than happy for you to come.

Same go's for other T.V Member's. But I would try and make a bit of a reservation just so he Has a rough Number of people to Cook For .... I'm in the industry, and there's Nothing worse than cooking for 50 and having 100 turn up...... I haven't been to one of John"s Christmas bashes yet, but I can vouch for his ability to put on a good spread.... it's where I would head if I was in Bkk for Crimbo.

This was the invite sent to me.... on facebook I'm sure he wont mind me posting it ... as long as you get in-touch to let him know your coming....

John invited you to "Christmas Dinner - all you can eat - 550 Baht" on Thursday, December 25 at 7:00pm.

John says, "Ready for a good stuffing?".

Event: Christmas Dinner - all you can eat - 550 Baht

"Roast Turkey, Ham, Lamb, Beef & Pork + Stuffing, gravy, potatoes & greens + apple & pumpkin pie"

What: Dinner Party

Host: Big John & Tim

Start Time: Thursday, December 25 at 7:00pm

End Time: Friday, December 26 at 1:00am

Where: Big John's @ The Sports Corner

I've been there... John does a pretty good spread indeed on special family occasions at Sportsbar.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for some) however, lots of bargirl types even on so called 'wholesome' family holidays and thus, not really a place I'd bring kids or a wife or serious girlfriend. No problem for me though as I'm unmarried and don't have kids. Just keep it in mind if you plan to bring the kids. :o

Any suggestions?

You could try the Londoner Brew Pub corner soi 33 . Give them a call or drop in and check it out .

web page is the-londoner.com .. Children under 12 450 Bht .. Adults 750 Bht plus Vat

I'm looking for a family-friendly place also for Xmas day. Was thinking of the Bull's Head, anyone been before? Good food, atmosphere? Suitable to bring a 1 year old baby? If not the Bull's Head, I guess some of the other British / Irish style pubs might be good, but are there any of them which do a better party than the others? I received a promotional email from Molly Molone's advertising their venue for Christmas, but I can't imagine Molly's as being a place to have a proper, good quality Christmas lunch, if you know what I mean...

I'm looking for a family-friendly place also for Xmas day. Was thinking of the Bull's Head, anyone been before? Good food, atmosphere? Suitable to bring a 1 year old baby? If not the Bull's Head, I guess some of the other British / Irish style pubs might be good, but are there any of them which do a better party than the others? I received a promotional email from Molly Molone's advertising their venue for Christmas, but I can't imagine Molly's as being a place to have a proper, good quality Christmas lunch, if you know what I mean...

Bulls Head brilliant, did it for the last 2 years, a real good laugh, however I would suspect that they are full, usually Billy sells every seat in the house by November, if you can get in, do, its worth it. Friends of mine did the Dubliners last year and said it was good.

Any suggestions?

You could try the Londoner Brew Pub corner soi 33 . Give them a call or drop in and check it out .

web page is the-londoner.com .. Children under 12 450 Bht .. Adults 750 Bht plus Vat

I was at their Thanksgiving Buffet and it was fantastic! It is certainly suitable for families. I highly recommend it and their beer is good too.