Invitation Letter Sample

andythaitiger

Hey guys and gals on the forum,

I am trying to invite my parents to Thailand for a short visit, but the Thai embassy in Romania is asking them for invitation from my Thai wife in order to issue them a visa. I called the immigration services and they never heard about that :o . So in this case, is there anyone who knows exactly, where I can get me such a formular or what information has to be included in that letter, so I can get it. I know that for tousrist visa, all you need is a copy from your airline tickets and the address, where you will be staying here in Thailand, but those m***ns from Romania are wondering what to do all day :D

Any information will be appreciated.

Andy

Why is it so hard to make up something like:

Date:

To: .................

Subject: Invitation and Guarantee Letter for Y & Z to visit Thailand

I, xxxxxxxxxxx, am inviting yyyyyyyyy and zzzzzzzz, my parents in law to visit our family in Thailand from : to: (dates).

I have been married to their son, wwwwwwww since (date) and we live at ....address.

During their stay, the invitees will be accommodated at the same address and we will cater for all their needs and cover all their expenses.

At the end of the visit we will help them return to Romania.

The form will be no problem, but the interesting question is: Who or what authority in Thailand will notarise the document. The immigration or?

Thanks

Why is it so hard to make up something like:

Date:

To: .................

Subject: Invitation and Guarantee Letter for  Y & Z to visit Thailand

I, xxxxxxxxxxx, am inviting yyyyyyyyy and zzzzzzzz, my parents in law to visit our family in Thailand from :  to:  (dates).

I have been married to their son, wwwwwwww since (date) and we live at ....address.

During their stay, the invitees will be accommodated at the same address and we will cater for all their needs and cover all their expenses.

The form will be no problem, but the interesting question is: Who or what authority in Thailand will notarise the document. The immigration or?

Thanks

>So in this case, is there anyone who knows exactly, where I can get me such a formular or what information has to be included in that letter, so I can get it

Sorry, this sounded you wanted the form and contents of the letter.

I doubt there is a form for it. At least, in Australia, a special blank form can be bought at news stands and what I gave as an example has to be written on it. Any JP can notarize it (pharmacists, doctors, bank/post manager...) and it becomes a valid declaration.

I remember enclosing my pay slips and sending it all to another European country where it was accepted and visa granted.

Who said anything about notarising anything? You don't notarise letters; perhaps official statments in a foreign language would have to be translated and then this translation has to be approved, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Just write something.

Cheers,

Chanchao

If those guys granting the visa are nit picking then perhaps you should not include ". . . cover all their expenses." Who will bring in the foreign curency then? :o

If those guys granting the visa are nit picking then perhaps you should not include ". . . cover all their expenses." Who will bring in the foreign curency then? :o

I was told by Oz Immigration to write what is in the sample.

The last sentence is to cover for overstayers who, when caught, claimed that the inviters had abandoned them peniless and they could not go back or something.