English Speaking Hairdresser

keithkarmann

Nat at Hair Pro (I think that's the name of it) in Rincom Market speaks perfect English having lived in Amsterdam for several years. He's also a really good hairdresser and I have no hesitation in recommending him. To get there: go up Huay Kaew Rd towards Doi Suthep, do a U turn when you reach the Honda dealer on your left (just after the Superhighway Junction) and the market is about 50 metres back in the direction of the moat. Go in by the first entrance (adjacent to Darling Wine Pub) and the salon is directly in front of you. Price: 350 baht.

350 baht!??? you big girls blouse!

Just cut it off man! Looks dont mean anything in Thailand! (thank god)

100 baht max

25 baht in San K

but yes Hair Pro is a good place. Just too good, cant bring myself to spend 350 baht! Thats 7 big bottles of beer for god sake! get your priorities in order!

Edited by SomNamNah

Good luck. Even the most fluent speakers of two languages in Houston could not understand customer English or customer Spanish. In 1986, I paid about US$25 for a haircut by a hairdresser who had done a mate's similar hair, and it was a waste. One of my better haircuts was in Nicaragua, for two dollars US. If you and your hair are not that special, any Somchai or Blanchette can do it for 100 or even 50 baht. But for special hair and style - there's not much chance of success. IMHO.

I'd also recommend my barber, Noi, who speaks good enough English, is very pleasant, and has a shop near Muangmai market, which I think is called something like Muangmai Salon too. Opposite the petrol station just before the traffic lights at the northern end of Muangmai Rd. 60 baht for a cut; 120 if shampoo and blow dry too. 053-876123 to ask her for better directions or to make an appointment.

CMMCB

350 baht!??? you big girls blouse!

Just cut it off man! Looks dont mean anything in Thailand! (thank god)

100 baht max

25 baht in San K

but yes Hair Pro is a good place. Just too good, cant bring myself to spend 350 baht! Thats 7 big bottles of beer for god sake! get your priorities in order!

Yes, I know it's pricey but I only go about five times a year.

Hang on, that's 1750!! Over 50 bottles of beer if I trade down to the really cheap stuff and remember to sell the bottles to the re-cycling guy - I'd better get my act in order. Maybe I can apply the setting light to test jade principle and simply singe it all off... :o

Does anybody know of a good English speaking hairdresser in the Chiang Mai area?

keithkarmann

Khun Poo at Shampoo Salon speaks English and has a lot of Farang regulars. On Si Don Chai Road opposite Chiang Mai Plaza hotel

Good luck. Even the most fluent speakers of two languages in Houston could not understand customer English or customer Spanish. In 1986, I paid about US$25 for a haircut by a hairdresser who had done a mate's similar hair, and it was a waste. One of my better haircuts was in Nicaragua, for two dollars US. If you and your hair are not that special, any Somchai or Blanchette can do it for 100 or even 50 baht. But for special hair and style - there's not much chance of success. IMHO.

I had no idea you had ever used a hairdresser PB? :o

I had no idea you had ever used a hairdresser PB? :o

Indeed! He has even more hair than I do and I haven't had a haircut in what, ten years? No, maybe in 2001 when I was readying for a dizzying motorcycle run from LA to DC and back in less than a month and knew that my hair was going to drive me nuts but it grew back to mid-back length within a year or so. My hair grows so incredibly fast that I cannot imagine keeping it trimmed for 350B whenever needed.

And of course we all know that ThaiPauly has NO hair so his comment was totally predictable. In fact, his hair grows in rather than out, replacing brain cells at an ever-increasing rate... :D

To keep this post appropriate to CM and the intent of the thread, I live here. And have hair..