Strange Snow In Town

SwaziBird

Thanks, once again, to Stephan Turner for directing a powerful and convincing production of "Strange Snow" which opened at the Studio Theatre, Kad Suan Kaew, this evening.

Stephan just doesn't seem to set a foot wrong. Once again, he grooms new and relatively inexperienced actors into very fine performers .

Thoroughly professional, engrossing, moving and recommended.

Don't miss the relatively short season.

The intimate Studio Theatre has been renovated. Seating has been tiered ( a welcome change ) and the chairs are more comfortable. The stage is now set at floor level.

Props, sets and lighting are very good and one can't help but notice that The Gate Theatre Group has arrived - to stay !

Chiang Mai thanks you.

Cheers.

Hubby and I went last night and found the production to be very professional. It's hard to believe that some people involved in the production are newbies; everything was so good.

A few words of warning, though. We'd never been to the Studio Theater and found it a bit confusing to locate on the 7th floor. Hubby is tall and whacked his head hard (very hard) on one of the low beams on the hallway ceiling. If it had been me, I would have wanted to go home after taking that blow. Also, the production starts at 7:30 pm, not 7 pm as printed on the publicity flyer in the recent edition of the CEC newletter.

These are just helpful hints, not criticisms of the production, which was excellent.

Hubby and I went last night and found the production to be very professional. It's hard to believe that some people involved in the production are newbies; everything was so good.

A few words of warning, though. We'd never been to the Studio Theater and found it a bit confusing to locate on the 7th floor. Hubby is tall and whacked his head hard (very hard) on one of the low beams on the hallway ceiling. If it had been me, I would have wanted to go home after taking that blow. Also, the production starts at 7:30 pm, not 7 pm as printed on the publicity flyer in the recent edition of the CEC newletter.

These are just helpful hints, not criticisms of the production, which was excellent.

Hi NancyL,

To avoid any confusion to readers - the doors actually open at 7.00pm and curtains are up at 7.30.

Glad you also enjoyed this excellent production.

Yes, there is a low beam on the passage-way to the theatre and the Group should get permission from Central to create a warning signal of some sort.

Cheers.

Hi NancyL,

To avoid any confusion to readers - the doors actually open at 7.00pm and curtains are up at 7.30.

Glad you also enjoyed this excellent production.

Yes, there is a low beam on the passage-way to the theatre and the Group should get permission from Central to create a warning signal of some sort.

Cheers.

Was at a group meeting yesterday and the low beam was addressed and marked with red tape.

For those who have not yet seen a performance of this fine stage play you have two more weekends.

Please get out and support live English language theater in Chiang Mai. It's the only outlet for hundreds of miles/kilometers!