Thai Baht Exchange Rate Againts Gbp Sterling

:o

Who thinks that the exchange rate, Pounds sterling -- Thai Baht, at around 52 to the pound is low and do you think it will rise?

Will it get back to rates in 2003-2004 of around 70 Baht to the Pound?

Any experts out there?

Who thinks that the exchange rate, Pounds sterling -- Thai Baht, at around 52 to the pound is low and do you think it will rise?

Any experts out there?

No it will be more like 48-49 Baht to the Pound...

:D

Any experts out there?

Anyone who would assure you that Sterling will get back to 70 is certianly not an expert :o Sid has it about right, the Pound will see sub 50 by years end or early in January unless the BOT devalues the baht!

Any experts out there?

Anyone who would assure you that Sterling will get back to 70 is certianly not an expert :o Sid has it about right, the Pound will see sub 50 by years end or early in January unless the BOT devalues the baht!

Vegas, anybody.

BOT devalue the baht, i have heard this a few times ,Could someone explan in simple terms why they would do this , if at all.

cheers

Any experts out there?

I have just watched a feature on Bloomberg T.V.

They say Moody's have dowgraded the status of a number of Thai Banks.

This would indicate all is not well in the Thai Banking world, and could well weaken the bart, when the currency traders resume trading on Monday.

BOT devalue the baht, i have heard this a few times ,Could someone explan in simple terms why they would do this , if at all.

cheers

To help their flagging export business, which is the countries biggest economic sector. Thai imports are now very expensive all around the world due to to strong Baht

cheers

To help their flagging export business, which is the countries biggest economic sector. Thai imports are now very expensive all around the world due to to strong Baht

Except export to the US and that is there most stuff goes anyway... The rumor about devalue the baht has never come from the government or the BOT. A friend of mine got warned by his financial advisor in UK that the it could be 45-46 Baht to the Sterling.

Any experts out there?

I don't care too much about the pound but the baht-usd exchange just got below 35.... :D and all currency are coverted in dollars before the baht, so even if the Euro will run, no gain...

Any experts out there?

Short answer is no, not in my lifetime.

Any experts out there?

u gonna die next year? Pound will have a comeback, that's for sure.

Interesting times we live in. They do seem to like a stronger Baht for the high season, so come March may be interesting to see where it goes v sterling. (Adopt Yorkshire accent) In t'olden days, me dad had an encyclopedia set that had the Baht at 59 to the quid. I started my visits when the exchange rate was mid to high 30s I mentioned this to a mate. "Oh it'll never get there again" he said. On my consequent visit it was in the high 60s.

Edited by Mosha

Any experts out there?

Oh it'll come back, but 70? I'll show my bare arse to Toxin.

Any experts out there?

There's a big difference between a comeback and a totally unrealistic dream of 70.

• 1 year later...

Any experts out there?

Always good to remember history PCA. :)

Any experts out there?

Always good to remember history PCA. :)

you should be able to read things in context but hey I know that's too much ask for ya. :D

Well you did spark my curiosity by means of a previous remark you made in an earlier thread and whilst I didn't really understand the whys and wherefores of it, I did remember it and thought I might check out what's going on in your head. No success really on that point so I put it all down to your over optimism re GBP/THB, if I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me and I'm happy to discuss/debate, but not argue.

Well you did spark my curiosity by means of a previous remark you made in an earlier thread and whilst I didn't really understand the whys and wherefores of it, I did remember it and thought I might check out what's going on in your head. No success really on that point so I put it all down to your over optimism re GBP/THB, if I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me and I'm happy to discuss/debate, but not argue.

Dear CM,

why do you link to a thread when you actually want to refer to another one. I mean sure you dont know whats going on in my head while I am convinced to know there's nothing much going on in yours. Just a little hint since you seem a bit confused, there is another thread going on about USD/THB and after several posts while everyone right in his mind knows that the subject is focused on USD you just jump in and claim rates of 40/45 and the whole topic is about the pound, hahaha. Didn't really intend to bring this one up but obviously those kind of things are the foundation to what you call a "discussion". You and me we will never have a discussion because you simply dont know enough just do you think you do when burbling irrelevant nonsense most of the time, cheers.

Dear CM,

why do you link to a thread when you actually want to refer to another one. I mean sure you dont know whats going on in my head while I am convinced to know there's nothing much going on in yours. Just a little hint since you seem a bit confused, there is another thread going on about USD/THB and after several posts while everyone right in his mind knows that the subject is focused on USD you just jump in and claim rates of 40/45 and the whole topic is about the pound, hahaha. Didn't really intend to bring this one up but obviously those kind of things are the foundation to what you call a "discussion". You and me we will never have a discussion because you simply dont know enough just do you think you do when burbling irrelevant nonsense most of the time, cheers.

Well I've no idea what this is all about PCA but you've obviously got a flea up your bum over something or other I've written and mightily upset you seem too. I did try to enquire politely about your earlier remark but given the tone of your response I have ceased caring - so yes, let's just leave there.