Jump to content

Does anyone on the Forum is suffering from Psoriasis


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Me............🤗

One of the major consequences of psoriasis is the urge to scratch. Why, after an initial period where I scratched constantly, have I now not scratched for more than 5 months? Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The "P" is silent. 🙂 

 

Yes I get it intermittently (as well eczema) but mercifully both have cleared up since I arrived here long-stay (5 months) which always seems to happen when I get here - symptoms seem to clear up weeks if not in days. Must be the warm climate (I lived in central Europe before).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, transam said:

All part and parcel of the disease, which I have had in different degrees since a teenage.

Thankfully for me, I only have it on my scalp now, hence no hair, but, in my experiments I found a cheap cream that really works regarding the itching and soreness. Loads of folk sell it on Lazada, but if you keep searching, you can find it for about 20 bht a tube, well worth a try. I buy 5 tubes at a time, you will not find it in the shops...Link below..

 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sumifun-100-original-100-20-i4965430683-s20899143860.html?c=&channelLpJumpArgs=&clickTrackInfo=query%3Asumifun%2Bpsoriasis%2Bcream%3Bnid%3A4965430683%3Bsrc%3ALazadaMainSrp%3Brn%3Ac8af16c19eb686906b7d0ab27803a121%3Bregion%3Ath%3Bsku%3A4965430683_TH%3Bprice%3A19%3Bclient%3Adesktop%3Bsupplier_id%3A100235001549%3Bbiz_source%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.lazada.co.th%2F%3Bslot%3A1%3Butlog_bucket_id%3A470687%3Basc_category_id%3A13686%3Bitem_id%3A4965430683%3Bsku_id%3A20899143860%3Bshop_id%3A3530145&fastshipping=0&freeshipping=1&fs_ab=2&fuse_fs=&lang=th&location=กรุงเทพมหานคร&price=19&priceCompare=skuId%3A20899143860%3Bsource%3Alazada-search-voucher%3Bsn%3Ac8af16c19eb686906b7d0ab27803a121%3BunionTrace%3A2140e7b017114481085217376ef771%3BoriginPrice%3A1900%3BvoucherPrice%3A1900%3BdisplayPrice%3A1900%3BsinglePromotionId%3A900000024571787%3BsingleToolCode%3ApromPrice%3BvoucherPricePlugin%3A1%3BbuyerId%3A0%3Btimestamp%3A1711448108942&ratingscore=4.982758620689655&request_id=c8af16c19eb686906b7d0ab27803a121&review=58&sale=662&search=1&source=search&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1&stock=1

Thanks , I'll try it on my radiation burns from my cancer treatment. The itching has got progressively worse since I finished the course of radiotherapy. The heat here doesn't help,

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DaLa said:

Thanks , I'll try it on my radiation burns from my cancer treatment. The itching has got progressively worse since I finished the course of radiotherapy. The heat here doesn't help,

Not sure if it will work on that, the cream is to soften up scale and stop itching.

 

Try Sudocrem for your prob....🤗

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to get it at some of the condos in Bangkok where I stayed. The water in Bangkok is very heavy and not good if you suffer from Psoriasis.

Since we moved to Petchabun it never bothers me any more.

 

It might help if you kept a big water but in the bathroom and filled it with delivered drinking water in those big containers. Try this for a month and see if it help lessen the itching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

26 minutes ago, Mika78 said:

Can you share the link, if possible? Thank you

There was no link 

 

The "P" is silent. 🙂 

 

Yes I get it intermittently (as well eczema) but mercifully both have cleared up since I arrived here long-stay (5 months) which always seems to happen when I get here - symptoms seem to clear up weeks if not in days. Must be the warm climate (I lived in central Europe before).

Edited by nglodnig
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Denim said:

I used to get it at some of the condos in Bangkok where I stayed. The water in Bangkok is very heavy and not good if you suffer from Psoriasis.

Since we moved to Petchabun it never bothers me any more.

 

It might help if you kept a big water but in the bathroom and filled it with delivered drinking water in those big containers. Try this for a month and see if it help lessen the itching.

Water has no affect on me....Soap does..........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

 

There was no link 

 

The "P" is silent. 🙂 

 

Yes I get it intermittently (as well eczema) but mercifully both have cleared up since I arrived here long-stay (5 months) which always seems to happen when I get here - symptoms seem to clear up weeks if not in days. Must be the warm climate (I lived in central Europe before).

Oh. So sorry. I misunderstood. Sorry.

Mine starts in the back with most of it full of PS. Now on the back is totally gone, but still have in few other parts of the body.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nglodnig said:

The best ointment I found was Dermovate - available at chemists here.

 

But a bit dangerous as it is a cortisone.  Used too long it becomes addictive to the skin and then if you stop using it the condition flares up worse than originally. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, transam said:

All part and parcel of the disease, which I have had in different degrees since a teenage.

Thankfully for me, I only have it on my scalp now, hence no hair, but, in my experiments I found a cheap cream that really works regarding the itching and soreness. Loads of folk sell it on Lazada, but if you keep searching, you can find it for about 20 bht a tube, well worth a try. I buy 5 tubes at a time, you will not find it in the shops...Link below..

 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sumifun-100-original-100-20-i4965430683-s20899143860.html?c=&channelLpJumpArgs=&clickTrackInfo=query%3Asumifun%2Bpsoriasis%2Bcream%3Bnid%3A4965430683%3Bsrc%3ALazadaMainSrp%3Brn%3Ac8af16c19eb686906b7d0ab27803a121%3Bregion%3Ath%3Bsku%3A4965430683_TH%3Bprice%3A19%3Bclient%3Adesktop%3Bsupplier_id%3A100235001549%3Bbiz_source%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.lazada.co.th%2F%3Bslot%3A1%3Butlog_bucket_id%3A470687%3Basc_category_id%3A13686%3Bitem_id%3A4965430683%3Bsku_id%3A20899143860%3Bshop_id%3A3530145&fastshipping=0&freeshipping=1&fs_ab=2&fuse_fs=&lang=th&location=กรุงเทพมหานคร&price=19&priceCompare=skuId%3A20899143860%3Bsource%3Alazada-search-voucher%3Bsn%3Ac8af16c19eb686906b7d0ab27803a121%3BunionTrace%3A2140e7b017114481085217376ef771%3BoriginPrice%3A1900%3BvoucherPrice%3A1900%3BdisplayPrice%3A1900%3BsinglePromotionId%3A900000024571787%3BsingleToolCode%3ApromPrice%3BvoucherPricePlugin%3A1%3BbuyerId%3A0%3Btimestamp%3A1711448108942&ratingscore=4.982758620689655&request_id=c8af16c19eb686906b7d0ab27803a121&review=58&sale=662&search=1&source=search&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1&stock=1

Oh?? it is not your picture in the avantar or it was when you was young?😅

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Oh, it is not your picture in the avatar, or is it when you were young ?  😅

No, it is James Taylor when he was young............😏

P.S. I re-wrote your post for you.........😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Crazy Noobie said:

I have had psoriasis since 1990. Over 1/2 of my legs were covered by it, plus back, arms and a little on my face. I tried all of the different creams and they only gave relief from itching basically. I didn't like to go out in public too much. Since I have been in Thailand, I went to the skin specialist at Ram Hospital in Chiang Mai and they prescribed a medicine (pill) called, "Methotrexate", 2.5 mg. I take eight pills once a week on Saturday only. Within 30 days all of the psoriasis cleared up by 75% and about a couple of months later it cleared up 100%. Now, you can't tell that I ever had psoriasis and I can go out and do whatever I want in public. I have been taking this medication for the last 9 years. There was a brief period, about a month where I didn't take the medication and my psoriasis came back. So back on to the medication and everything went back to normal. So if psoriasis is bothering you a lot, go see your Doctor and ask him about taking Methotrexate. He can explain everything to you. As you can only obtain the medication from the Hospital, as they don't sell it over-the-counter. I wish you the best.

My professor consultant in London was treating me more for the internal Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis, he told me the risks of using Methotrexate, so I gave it a miss...🤕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had psoriasis for 40 years and recently discovered Daivonex (without cortisone) and Daivobet (with cortisone) which worked great. The base is a synthetic vitamin D. I use the one with cortisone if it's a bad itchy flare-up - which is usually solved with one application. I use the one without cortisone at the first sign of a patch, and seems to prevent flareups well. 

 

These are expensive for ointments (800b/tube) but work much better than anything I've ever used. 

Image of daivonex oint 50 mcg-g | MIMS Philippines

 

Daivobet Full Prescribing Information, Dosage & Side Effects | MIMS  Philippines

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, transam said:

All part and parcel of the disease, which I have had in different degrees since a teenage.

Thankfully for me, I only have it on my scalp now, hence no hair, but, in my experiments I found a cheap cream that really works regarding the itching and soreness. Loads of folk sell it on Lazada, but if you keep searching, you can find it for about 20 bht a tube, well worth a try. I buy 5 tubes at a time, you will not find it in the shops...Link below..

 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sumifun-100-original-100-20-i4965430683-s20899143860.html?c=&channelLpJumpArgs=&clickTrackInfo=query%3Asumifun%2Bpsoriasis%2Bcream%3Bnid%3A4965430683%3Bsrc%3ALazadaMainSrp%3Brn%3Ac8af16c19eb686906b7d0ab27803a121%3Bregion%3Ath%3Bsku%3A4965430683_TH%3Bprice%3A19%3Bclient%3Adesktop%3Bsupplier_id%3A100235001549%3Bbiz_source%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.lazada.co.th%2F%3Bslot%3A1%3Butlog_bucket_id%3A470687%3Basc_category_id%3A13686%3Bitem_id%3A4965430683%3Bsku_id%3A20899143860%3Bshop_id%3A3530145&fastshipping=0&freeshipping=1&fs_ab=2&fuse_fs=&lang=th&location=กรุงเทพมหานคร&price=19&priceCompare=skuId%3A20899143860%3Bsource%3Alazada-search-voucher%3Bsn%3Ac8af16c19eb686906b7d0ab27803a121%3BunionTrace%3A2140e7b017114481085217376ef771%3BoriginPrice%3A1900%3BvoucherPrice%3A1900%3BdisplayPrice%3A1900%3BsinglePromotionId%3A900000024571787%3BsingleToolCode%3ApromPrice%3BvoucherPricePlugin%3A1%3BbuyerId%3A0%3Btimestamp%3A1711448108942&ratingscore=4.982758620689655&request_id=c8af16c19eb686906b7d0ab27803a121&review=58&sale=662&search=1&source=search&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1&stock=1

Also for scalp, shopee/et all sell coal tar based shampoo - rids the scalp totally of the disease.  Unfortunately if you had COVID, that is a disease that is affected by the bodiy's autoimmune system and COVID seems to have unleashed that plus hives and other autoimmune diseases.  Salt water and sunshine seem to help wipe some fo it away too.  Google  "healthline" and psoraisis and it can possibly provide answers too.

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

Also for scalp, shopee/et all sell coal tar based shampoo - rids the scalp totally of the disease.  Unfortunately if you had COVID, that is a disease that is affected by the bodiy's autoimmune system and COVID seems to have unleashed that plus hives and other autoimmune diseases.  Salt water and sunshine seem to help wipe some fo it away too.  Google  "healthline" and psoraisis and it can possibly provide answers too.

 

No, it didn't for me. Psoriasis is a tricky critter, everyone has a different reaction to stuff, if it were that easy, they would have found a cure, but they haven't.  🤕

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must be 20+ years back I bought a UVB wand, great for patches, though it takes a bit of practice. When it came to scalp stuff, I gave up. 

 

But, the last few weeks, getting no results with steroids on the one patch on my scalp (as well as spot Psoriasis) I got the thing out of the draw, started my own thoughts with it, and not the instructions. It seems to be working, I hope not talking too soon...😋

https://www.drhoenle.de/en/produkte/dermalight-80/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I suffered through it for tens of years.  The during assignment in PI, did a lot of scuba diving - salt water and sunshine wiped out just about all of my psoraisis except for that on the scalp.  The I began using coal tar shampoos - eventually all on the scalp disappeared too until just recently after a COVID bout.  I eventually found a some coal tar shampoos on shopee and began using it a couple of times a week.  Much relief for sure.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oftentimes skin issues e.g. atopic dermatitis, eczema, etc. are triggered by environmental, medicinal, or foods and it's a matter of thresholds. I can drink a beer or two. Any more than 2 every 5 days and I get a reaction on the back of my hands. An allergist did some tests and found that the lead content in hops trigger my hypersensitivity to minute amount of ingested lead. If I stop drinking beer the outbreak slowly leaves in a few days. Some beers react more than others with my sensitivity. China's "Harbin"  beer, which I like with spicy foods, reacts after 1 beer. Try to be mindful of what may trigger the breakout unless it's purely genetic. I found an OTC balm that is very helpful for me albeit a lot more expensive than what is recommended for 25 baht. I have wasted money on Protopic, steroids, calcineurin inhibitors, coal tar, and vitamin D analogues with very little efficacy. I tried this cream recommended by the Singapore Skin Centre and it is very helpful, "SUU BALM". I bought it in a Bangkok pharmacy but it is available on Lazada and Shoppee. I also use it as an aftershave balm as it has menthol and 5 ceramides, among other no nonsense ingredients, which makes sense to me as an aftershave. SUU cream costs about 600 baht per tube. A small pea sized amount goes a long way.

 

Best of luck in finding relief.

 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.









×
×
  • Create New...