Skype With Dtac Or Ais

palander

When I use Maxnet, Skype functions well, but If I use my mobile phone (gprs/edge) with a DTAC or AIS simcard, I can hear the person I'm calling speak, but she/he cannot hear me. Is this an easy to fix thing ? Or is gprs/edge not compatible with Skype ?

When I use Maxnet, Skype functions well, but If I use my mobile phone (gprs/edge) with a DTAC or AIS simcard, I can hear the person I'm calling speak, but she/he cannot hear me. Is this an easy to fix thing ? Or is gprs/edge not compatible with Skype ?

I use a mobile with a Dtac sim whenever I go back to the village (I am now) and can usually use skype without any problems allthough the speech occasionaly breaks up intermitantly. Last night for example I spoke to both my brother and my daughter in the UK without any problems at all but when I tried speaking to a friend near Pattaya an hour later the signal was intermitant and breaking up. Obviously I get more problems if I try using the web cam as well.

The GPRS or CDMA or any other sim does not really work for SKYPE or any of the VOIP calling services. The upload data transfer is where I see the issues.

You say it works Ok sometimes. That I believe is due to call volume on that system in that area. Either where you are or where the other person is. Their systems are able to pass your data signal ok when the voice traffic is slow but when their voice network has a higher call volume it slows down your connection and the voice outgoing signal quality drops significantly.

I use the Hutch system for data only no phone services per se and I have the same problem. Sometimes a Skype or Yahoo call works and most times the outgoing of my voice is so broken up I give up and just use the keyboard for chatting.