What's In A Name?

KevinHunt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Mum and Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Knilb (Austrian) had a weird sense of humour, they decided at the time of my birth at a very young age , that my given name would be Lliby. This given name is a very old and traditional name in our family's history. You ought to hear my sisters name but that's another story.

Anyway, back to the topic, I chose my user name on This Forum by a simple word play on the name given me by my loving parents.

I haven't got the slightest clue except that som chai could loosely be translated as orange man and thus all Somchai's might happen to be descendants of an orange seller.

Pedantic intervention follows: :o

สม = to fit, be fitting, appropriate [rising tone]

ส้ม = orange [falling tone]

Somchai is spelt สมชาย so it has nothing to do with oranges. :D

Mr Hunt or one of his co-conspirators probably has the page on auto refresh. easy way to bump up a thread hit rate.

many ways: firefox even has built in: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

Well I guess, but why bother? More hits doesn't place it higher on the page or confer any superstar privileges does it? Now that I think of it maybe there's a T-Shirt idea there "The TV 50k Hit Club" :o . I see his other thread has been quite well attended too...

Wonder if it improves the stats sufficiently to up George's ad rates :D

Mr Hunt or one of his co-conspirators probably has the page on auto refresh. easy way to bump up a thread hit rate.

many ways: firefox even has built in: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

Just out of curiosity, what am I conspiring? Who are my co-conspirators? I'd really love to know. 

Are you being watched too? Your movements being tracked, maybe? Could that be why you don't use your real name?

I have absolutely no idea as to why this topic would attract so many hits, other than maybe people were either so angry or amused about my 'no free water' thread that they were expecting similar here.

BTW . Another way to increase the hit-rate is to reply. Ironic, isn't it? :o

"For example I thought that 'Up the Os' was subtley (or not) trying to tell us that he was a bit more adventurous under the blankets than most (I hope) of us when in fact he was trying to tell us that he supports Leyton Orient (who's chant is - yes you guessed it ..'Up The O's). Personally, if I was a Leyton Orient fan I'd be more concerned at concealing that than anything else".

Kevin - I'm not really surprised at your original thinking, you probably drooled at the thought and fancied your chances!

As Eric Idle would say; "you are a silly bunt". :o

Anyway thanks for letting TV members know the real meaning of uptheos, wouldn't want them to think I'm an easy touch.

UP THE O'S!!