I Am Home Now In Usa, Will I Get The 2000 Baht A Day? How ?

Immigration charged overstay even though proof of flight while airport closed was shown. Whats that for

Your original date of departure must have been in early December. If you only left in the last week or so they obviously thought you were taking the pi55

Will there be a way to apply for the 2000 baht a day we were offered ?

I am back in the USA now ,

I paid my hotel bill before I left but got a seperate receipt for the days I was a "hostage"

How do I do it ?

thanks

Dave

Thailand is all about TAKING peoples money no matter the method , you mentioned'" THE NEXT TIME i COME " , my , my , a sucker for punishment , ah well , they will gladly take your money and give as little in return as possible . Just check on all the special offers , reduced hotel offers etc , read between the lines , you are a sucker Farang (Slight)and we are out to get the unsuspec :D ting and misinformed , not my perspective because I learned my lesson well and chose another destination , read the many posts of the none 'Wanabee farang ' for a better perspective , you only 'Confess to being a native ' when you have sunk to thier level of what is considered a life . :D:o

Well, you weren't "hostage" and they had the rules/system in place from day 2.

It would appear that you are not eligible for any benefit from the gov't.

Not a hostage EH ? depends on your misplaced interpretation of being held against your will !!!

Rules/system from day 2 , what about the LAW from day one ?

JD , you have become so Thai defensive I wonder how you can still look at yourself in any mirror , no eligitability from a very irisponsible government , of course not , Thai government has no inkling of the meaning of the word RESPONSIBLE , but my goodness , they seem to have twenty fingers on each hand just as you appear to have grown , but also multiple "Thumbs ' which seem to get in the way when a LOGICAL decision comes up , what is logic ? Most likely not in any Thai dictionary , if there is such an abnormality .

I landed in Bkk on November 23 and headed straight to Phitsanulok. I watched the Thai news reports there and crossed my fingers and just went on with my plans. Went back to Bangkok on the 27th and then took the train to Chiang Mai. I changed my flight out to the Chiang Mai airport but I would lose a day's vacation by leaving early. A day or so before I was to leave, the airports opened, so we flew into Don Mueang and I went to the China Airlines office near Wireless and found out they had held my original seats out of BKK as well as booking my Chiang Mai flight. The agent simply cancelled the seat out of Chiang Mai and I left in my original seat.

Also, I had missed my first flight out of Chiang Mai to DM because I thought the airport was still shut down. When I talked to the ticket agent in CM, at first he said I would have to buy new tix because I missed the flight and submit a refund request. I agree and I guess I was nice enough about it because he ended up changing the original tickets to the next mornings flights. I have to give a big thumbs up to NOK air for that one!

So, basically, I got really lucky with the whole airport mess. All it cost me was losing my cheap hotel room at Royal Asia Lodge (but refunded without even asking through Agoda.com) due to people who missed flights. I had to stay at the majestic Grand for a couple days at double the price - but twice as nice. I was one of the lucky ones, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
My parents got 5-6 night free accomodation in Hua Hin. The hotel took copies of their airline tickets. They just had to sign the bill, but did not pay a single bath.

Robert

This is what one of our customers did. They went to certain approved hotels and they just gave them flight details and that was it in for free and 3 meals a day.

Have to say that Thailand is usually a stickler for the rules and if you did not follow the procedure in place then I will be surprised if you see any $$$. Most Thais would assume that you are a "rich" farang anyway and you can afford it. Not that I agree, but that is a fairly broad consensus here.

Good luck and I hope you get the funds.