Rats In My Ceiling

sumantkumar

Glue traps are one of the most cruel ways to kill an animal, the RSPCA have a petition to get them banned in the UK because of the immense suffering they cause. You need to make sure there is no way rats can enter your premises and make sure you don't have any rubbish with food outside that they will be attracted to. Use humane traps and release the rats about 2 miles away if possible, otherwise they will be straight back.

<deleted>??? Just when I thought I had read it all, along comes this post. :D Kill the rats, don't release them to become somebody elses problem....imagine if everyone practised this method, we could all give up our day jobs and just chase rats. What research was used to determine that Rats can't travel 2 miles?? :o

Glue traps are one of the most cruel ways to kill an animal, the RSPCA have a petition to get them banned in the UK because of the immense suffering they cause. You need to make sure there is no way rats can enter your premises and make sure you don't have any rubbish with food outside that they will be attracted to. Use humane traps and release the rats about 2 miles away if possible, otherwise they will be straight back.

<deleted>??? Just when I thought I had read it all, along comes this post. :D Kill the rats, don't release them to become somebody elses problem....imagine if everyone practised this method, we could all give up our day jobs and just chase rats. What research was used to determine that Rats can't travel 2 miles?? :o

I think 2 miles was used as a reference point. Certain rats I have heard can travel much farther than that. There was one that even hopped in the back of tuk tuk and made it from Chinatown to Bangna before he realised that the airport was closed.

Apparently, the tuk tuk driver still asked for full payment. To be confirmed though.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this, but it's quite early in the morning and I can hear them in the ceiling. Something is scurrying about up there....not sure if it's rats or cockroaches or something else. I'm quite surprised because I live on the 31st floor of an apartment building -- so quite high up. I have no idea how they would even get in. The ceiling I have is not the type you can just open and take a look - it's sealed except for the odd light. I just moved in here about a month ago - this is the first time I've heard anything up there. I keep the apartment clean - no food lying around except for bags of coffee in the cupboards. Any ideas?