Need Advice On Buying A Bike.

Lokish

Hello,

I have been reading a lot on these forums and Im in a kind of dilemma and need help.

I have the chance to buy a CBR 150R rather cheap from a friend i know, the bike is in good condition and got less then 5k on the clock. Im a short guy around 1.70cm and about 60kg, so the Kawasaki KSR is perfect in matter of size. I like the riding position of the CBR ( more sportbike and it comes with manual clutch which i like more ) and it packs a better punch i guess then the KSR. I dont know much about the tech stuff, like the difference in the brakes etc.

I also know that the KSR is a bike you can customize easy so it fits your riding and style, like getting manual clutch, change fairing, engine parts etc.

The KSR is also from a friend who my wife know, Its been serviced and taken care of good. It got less then 10k on the clock and have a japanese made exhaust on it and fairing changed a bit. My wife already have a bike so i wont be riding it with a passanger a lot ( maybe a few times, but since she is smaller then me i think we both could sit on the KSR with no problem ). :o

I live in Bangkok, but like to ride the bike out from Bangkok from time to time. The secondhand value for these 2 bike are pretty similiar, they are pretty expensive even if it got a year or more on its neck i have noticed. So if I want to sell it, i would'nt loose that much money.

If anyone who have experience with any of these bikes could help me with pros and cons of these two bikes and make my decision more easy.

/Lokish

I have a KSR, but if it was going to be my main bike then I'd choose the CBR150 even though I don't like the look of them. The KSR will be great for downtown Bangkok but it's a real pain on the longer journeys as it maxes out at around 90 kmh in stock form. The CBR would be much better for longer journeys.

The KSR is a lot of fun and even though I hardly ever ride mine I cannot bring myself to sell it. If your wife has something more practical then you could get away with it as a second bike but I would really forget it for touring due to the lack of speed. I used mine for commuting to work in Bangkok and before that it was used for discovering the dirt tracks in Phuket. They handle great in both situations and are bullet proof as they are based on the kids dirt bike - the KLX110. Loads of modding options if that's what you're into, mine is still stock mainly due to a lack of time searching out the parts.

I think your decision depends on how often you intend to do long distances.

But the CBR still handles good in traffic inside central bkk? yes my wife have a more market-run bike, auto clutch and more space etc. but too boring for me hehe. But you reckon the CBR would be easy to handle for a small guy like me?

The KSR always turns my head and i just like the looks of it. But same goes for the CBR..hehe. unfortunally i dont have the money to buy both right now, house project and stuff like that.