Going Back Home For 2 Months

Hello everyone,

I am going back home for Christmas. Leaving on Dec 22nd and coming back on Feb. 20th. The thing is, my previous 90-day reporting was done on Nov 14 and I'm due to report before Feb 11th. What should I do ?

- Go to the Immigration Office, explain my situation and "report" so that my next report will be in 90 days from now, allowing me to report in March ?

- Assume that Nov 14th - Dec 22nd is 38 days and that the stamp at the airport will prove the immigration office, in February, that I haven't stayed 90 days yet ?

I would come back more than 7 days after the due time, so is there a chance my visa might be at risk if I don't go to Immigration before my flight ?

Thanks a lot for any comment !

Gaelle

You won't be here for over 90 days. So no report will be due. Yes your departure stamp will prove that.

Your next report will be 90 days after the date you return.

Don't forget to get your re-entry permit.

For future reference being late on your reports costs you a fine of 2000 baht and do not affect your extension in anyway.

Edited by ubonjoe

Make sure your extension of stay takes you past your return date,

and get re-entry permit.

That is it. :o

The 90 day report clock stops when you leave the country

and starts anew when you return. So just count 90 days from

your new arrival.

Thanks everyone.

Well, I already have a multiple re-entry permit (and my visa extension runs until August 2009) but I was not sure of what would happen for the 90 days.

My first notification was on Nov. 14th and that was just 3 weeks after coming back from Indonesia (a one-week trip). So, according to you, my 90-days should have begun again when I came back from Indonesia, right ? Why didn't they tell me to come back later, that I was way in advance ?

Thanks again :o

Gaelle