Racist Chanting

spiderman2

Is singing “Mido he’s got a bomb, Mido”.... racist?

Because a couple of men have pleaded guilty and these bastions of good taste and decency seem to be going overboard about it -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...n-football.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...do-1061084.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...r.html?ITO=1490

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4620242,00.html

Here is a good article about what happened - (from 2nd story down)

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials....55?OpenDocument

This quote sums it up perfectly -

"I’m also confused about Mido himself. After the game Southgate honestly admitted to not hearing any chanting and Mido to his credit and my amusement speculated whether or not the away end was drunk. A fair riposte. However by the middle of the week, Mido is talking about insults to Islam and other <deleted>. Who has got at him? "

Are all these people/organisations (Kick It Out and Show Racism The Red Card) just looking for something to take offence too? or am i too much of a dinosaur not to realise that this is racist?

the shoe-bomber stuff has been shouted at mido because he does bear more than a passing likeness to richard reid, but he's been on the end of anti-islamic shit before. whichever way you look at it, anti-islamic insults at an islamic football player have absolutely no place in a ground so these idiots should be banned without a doubt.

the shoe-bomber stuff has been shouted at mido because he does bear more than a passing likeness to richard reid, but he's been on the end of anti-islamic shit before. whichever way you look at it, anti-islamic insults at an islamic football player have absolutely no place in a ground so these idiots should be banned without a doubt.

More than a passing resemblence, in fact he's the spitting image or was when he was the Spuds when West Ham got in toruble for singning it the first time..

How's abotu this one then ??

Out of over 2,000 people singing this, they single out 16 who we assume will be fired from their Jobs & probably receive banning orders & then say it was racist as they sang a Song that had the words " Hanging from a Tree " in it, sung to rhyme with HIV, yet the PC Imbeciles who in my book are worse than actual Racists, insinuate that they sang it because Campbell is Black & it was sung in direct Reference to the hanging of Black people in early 1900's USA, not to do with Judas Iscariot who they refer to Sol Campbell being, who commited suicide from hanging himself from a Tree ???????????

Racism = the most hypocritical & dispicable subject on the Planet MADE 10 TIMES WORSE by people who haven't a clue what it is, who don't even know what it actually means & who aim to brand, portray & even charge & attempt to claim others as racist, when they're actually not ..

<deleted> madness & they're more of a problem, in my opinion, than actual racists..

Msingh has hit it on the head, there are more important things Plod should be looking into as opposed to school yard songs.

When i were a 7 yo boy the pretty ladies in bikinis used to throw promotional goods such as Walkers crisps into the 99% male crowd to chants of "get your t7ts out for the lads" this was the majority of the crowd, i can remember thinking it was funny, but these people would be up in court on some sexist abuse hate crime or other if it were today.

One of the greatest most personally insulting songs directed at a Mr Sammy Lee would come with a 6 month mandatory sentence, loss of job/career/prospects followed by the wife, kids, house and budgie and eventually suicide, purely for pointing out the obvious and being fattist, should this be banned?

Gary Nevilles songs are far worse then Midos one, especially if his mother asks what them horrid Liverpool fans were singing about him, but no one is up in court for that, thank the lord.

The worst i can say about this song is it isnt funny and doesnt even rhyme, but it is by no means racist and to waste my money on taking people to court, shows one area where Gordon i saved the World Brown could save the taxpayer money.

If i were in the crowd i would sue Mido for calling me a drunk.

I wonder if the proposed Songs about Mr Berbatov's convicted Rapist Father surface at <deleted> Fart Lane tomorrow ??

Some how i doubt it now after what's happened this week... :o

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2029292.ece

Anyway, it seems this T*ttenham thing is gonna run & run & run, it will set a precedent that i believe is out of order & wrong, imo...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2030529.ece

Msingh has hit it on the head, there are more important things Plod should be looking into as opposed to school yard songs.

When i were a 7 yo boy the pretty ladies in bikinis used to throw promotional goods such as Walkers crisps into the 99% male crowd to chants of "get your t7ts out for the lads" this was the majority of the crowd, i can remember thinking it was funny, but these people would be up in court on some sexist abuse hate crime or other if it were today.

One of the greatest most personally insulting songs directed at a Mr Sammy Lee would come with a 6 month mandatory sentence, loss of job/career/prospects followed by the wife, kids, house and budgie and eventually suicide, purely for pointing out the obvious and being fattist, should this be banned?

Gary Nevilles songs are far worse then Midos one, especially if his mother asks what them horrid Liverpool fans were singing about him, but no one is up in court for that, thank the lord.

The worst i can say about this song is it isnt funny and doesnt even rhyme, but it is by no means racist and to waste my money on taking people to court, shows one area where Gordon i saved the World Brown could save the taxpayer money.

If i were in the crowd i would sue Mido for calling me a drunk.

Can't agree more on what both of you guys have said so far. The PC police have taken over nearly every aspect of UK life, which makes it nearly impossible to even make a joke in the workplace for fear of being accused of discrimnation.

The plod should concentrate on more serious issues, rather than concentrating on motoring offences and juvenille chants. Whilst I am not condoning racism, this whole thing is a complate joke, and in fairness it is hardly a major issue in football in the UK compared to some of our European neighbours.

Thank fuc_k I no longer have to put up with that BS back in the UK.

As a number of board members here would say in defence of the BS that we sometimes have to put up with, "If you don't like it, go home".

it's kind of difficult to know where to draw the line on this subject, as the lifetime bans given out yesterday to the spurs fans who abused sol campbell showed. is homophobic chanting worse than anti-islamic chanting? probably not, but it was given a heavier punishment. liverpool fans would probably contend that the most offensive thing they get sung at them is hillsborough stuff, but i've never heard of a fan being banned for that. likewise the hissing noises away fans make at white hart lane. is calling arsene wenger a paedophile less offensive than calling sol campbell gay? apparently so as no fan has yet been slapped with a life ban for the cheeky smile song.

it's a really tricky area this and a long way off the blatantly racist monkey chants directed at black players in marseille and eastern europe. that's as clear as day and those fans should be banned for life and their clubs / national FAs hit with big fines, not that uefa ever bothers with that. but when it comes to just general bigotry, causing offence and abuse, it's a real can of worms that might be opened.

Sol Campbell abuse trio are found

A further three Tottenham football fans suspected of abusive chanting aimed at Portsmouth's Sol Campbell have been identified by police.

The men will attend a police station in Hampshire to be questioned by officers after being identified in CCTV footage.

Police issued an appeal to trace 16 Tottenham fans following abuse aimed at the former England defender during a game with Spurs in September.

Two men were arrested on Wednesday but later released on bail until January.

They were a 28-year-old man from Ringwood, Hampshire, and a 36-year-old man from Wokingham, Berkshire.

In all, 12 men have been identified.

Officers said they have received a steady stream of information and names.

But they were keen to identify the remaining four men.

They were captured on film during the match at Fratton Park on 28 September. The FA said it would ban for life any fans involved.

Sol Campbell abuse trio are found

A further three Tottenham football fans suspected of abusive chanting aimed at Portsmouth's Sol Campbell have been identified by police.

The men will attend a police station in Hampshire to be questioned by officers after being identified in CCTV footage.

Police issued an appeal to trace 16 Tottenham fans following abuse aimed at the former England defender during a game with Spurs in September.

Two men were arrested on Wednesday but later released on bail until January.

They were a 28-year-old man from Ringwood, Hampshire, and a 36-year-old man from Wokingham, Berkshire.

In all, 12 men have been identified.

Officers said they have received a steady stream of information and names.

But they were keen to identify the remaining four men.

They were captured on film during the match at Fratton Park on 28 September. The FA said it would ban for life any fans involved.

It really has nothing to do with racism or being gay, if he was fat or ginger the fans would have picked up on that, its a Personal attack on a lying cheat who betrayed Spurs he was a Spurs fan on the terraces and bought thru the ranks.

Man U offered 10 million for him but he chose to go to Arsenal after his contract ended and went for free to there most hated rivals, he must have understood that being a Spurs boy, there was no real hatred in the past of players going to and fro between the 2 clubs, just a few boos, good examples were pat jennings and willie young.

What he done is totally unacceptable, he deserves every bit of abuse that has been directed to him and thats my opinion and i will never be persuaded otherwise,im sure any other passionate fan would not like it if this happened to there team

It really has nothing to do with racism or being gay, if he was fat or ginger the fans would have picked up on that, its a Personal attack on a lying cheat who betrayed Spurs he was a Spurs fan on the terraces and bought thru the ranks.

Man U offered 10 million for him but he chose to go to Arsenal after his contract ended and went for free to there most hated rivals, he must have understood that being a Spurs boy, there was no real hatred in the past of players going to and fro between the 2 clubs, just a few boos, good examples were pat jennings and willie young.

What he done is totally unacceptable, he deserves every bit of abuse that has been directed to him and thats my opinion and i will never be persuaded otherwise,im sure any other passionate fan would not like it if this happened to there team

don't agree. swear at him, boo him, jeer him. call him a judas cun_t. he'll get the point. but there is a line where abuse of players definitely crosses between taking the piss and illegality. how do you feel about the anti-semitic crap thrown at spurs players and management for example?

don't agree. swear at him, boo him, jeer him. call him a judas cun_t. he'll get the point. but there is a line where abuse of players definitely crosses between taking the piss and illegality. how do you feel about the anti-semitic crap thrown at spurs players and management for example?

i have no problem about the anti semitic jokes, ive got broad shoulders, but sol is filth

i have no problem about the anti semitic jokes, ive got broad shoulders, but sol is filth

well you should have a problem with anti-semitism. and it's got nothing to do with 'broad shoulders'.

filth sol all you like, as i say call him every name under the sun but the homphobic and racist elements of what was sung at him are wrong and cowardly to be honest. not one of these idiots alone would say similar to campbell's face in the street.

I dont do football but I think this is a fuss over nothing. Where do you draw the line.It seems that its only racist if the guy is either black or a muslim. When I worked in London I was a <deleted> northern monkee and should <deleted> off back home because im from the NE of England. If you are from Scotland you are a Jock, sweaty sock or Jimmy. If you are welsh you are a sheep shagging, leek muncher or Taff. From Ireland you are a stupid paddy, shamus etc. I wasnt bothered by any of it I just got on with my job. If Id been black no doubt I could have sued and got thousands in compo. As for fotballers, JEEZ, pay me 70 grand a week for kicking a ball about and youre welcome to call me what the hel_l you want. Water off a ducks back. This all has gotten out of hand especially in the UK where its OK to positively discriminate against white people and black people sue the moment they are turned down for promotion or fail to get the job applied for. One guy tried to tell me it was all my fault all due to slavery. When I pointed out that years ago the Romans came to my country, slaughtered thousands of my people, took thousand off around the world to be slaves, used as entertaiment, fed to lions or nailed to crosses and guess what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got over with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am against REAL racism but I am against this percieved, PC crap.

Rant over :o

OH and I like Itaians especially the lady variety :D

Edited by H2oDunc

I dont do football but I think this is a fuss over nothing. Where do you draw the line.It seems that its only racist if the guy is either black or a muslim. When I worked in London I was a <deleted> northern monkee and should <deleted> off back home because im from the NE of England. If you are from Scotland you are a Jock, sweaty sock or Jimmy. If you are welsh you are a sheep shagging, leek muncher or Taff. From Ireland you are a stupid paddy, shamus etc. I wasnt bothered by any of it I just got on with my job. If Id been black no doubt I could have sued and got thousands in compo. As for fotballers, JEEZ, pay me 70 grand a week for kicking a ball about and youre welcome to call me what the hel_l you want. Water off a ducks back. This all has gotten out of hand especially in the UK where its OK to positively discriminate against white people and black people sue the moment they are turned down for promotion or fail to get the job applied for. One guy tried to tell me it was all my fault all due to slavery. When I pointed out that years ago the Romans came to my country, slaughtered thousands of my people, took thousand off around the world to be slaves, used as entertaiment, fed to lions or nailed to crosses and guess what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's a pretty rubbish rant though to be fair. if someone's offended by it, it's offensive. if it persecutes a minority in anyway, then it's wrong. there are discrimination laws for very good reason and 'political correctness' is only a bad thing in the daily mail's right-wing world.

i'll give you that football issues tend to receive unnecessary levels of hype and attention, but that doesn't excuse chanting racist and homophobic crap at a bloke out there doing his job.

well you should have a problem with anti-semitism. and it's got nothing to do with 'broad shoulders'.

filth sol all you like, as i say call him every name under the sun but the homphobic and racist elements of what was sung at him are wrong and cowardly to be honest. not one of these idiots alone would say similar to campbell's face in the street.

i would certainly say the same 2 his face in the street and so would a minimum 50.000 Spurs fans, ur entitled 2 ur opinion and i repeat myself again it has nothing 2 do with with his race it is the fact what he done, it seems u dont really understand the Spurs fans feelings 2 him, this was an exceptional situation, it seems from ur comments u think u know these fans better than themselves and how about u going to c them urself and call them cowards and racist, then u will be enjoying some nice hospital food.not good 4 ur health when u dont understand what ur talkin about

it's a pretty rubbish rant though to be fair. if someone's offended by it, it's offensive. if it persecutes a minority in anyway, then it's wrong. there are discrimination laws for very good reason and 'political correctness' is only a bad thing in the daily mail's right-wing world.

i'll give you that football issues tend to receive unnecessary levels of hype and attention, but that doesn't excuse chanting racist and homophobic crap at a bloke out there doing his job.

I think you miss the point ! Why can Muslims be offended, or perieved to be offended but christians or other faiths cant be offended by Ramadam. Why is it not offensive to have a black police offices union but a white anything union is ??? If I had tried to sue for discrimination it would be laughed out of court. Why can I not sue when told I cant apply for this job because Im the wrong colour or sex etc etc etc. Discrimination is discrimination no matter what type of PC crap you call it. The other point was Just ignore the wa&*ers and get on with your life like I did. After all its no big deal.

Was that a better rant for you ???? :D

When I worked in London I was a <deleted> northern monkee and should <deleted> off back home because im from the NE of England.

I moved from Newcastle aged 14 to the south and got all that, just used to tell them the only reason us Northerners move down south is to sh4g the women as all the men are too busy sh4gging each other.

One day i was walking down the street i put my hand over my mouth to cough, a police car drove by and thought id waved my fingers at him, his exact words were "you people ought to <deleted> off back to where you come from." Not exactly what the filth should say, but if its what he thinks then no problem, pity he wouldnt say it to me out of uniform though.

OH and I like Itaians especially the lady variety :o

Even the fat ones?

Edited by spiderman2

i would certainly say the same 2 his face in the street and so would a minimum 50.000 Spurs fans, ur entitled 2 ur opinion and i repeat myself again it has nothing 2 do with with his race it is the fact what he done, it seems u dont really understand the Spurs fans feelings 2 him, this was an exceptional situation, it seems from ur comments u think u know these fans better than themselves and how about u going to c them urself and call them cowards and racist, then u will be enjoying some nice hospital food.not good 4 ur health when u dont understand what ur talkin about

I know he stitched you right up and what he done is indefensable, but it was a long time ago and IMO Spurs fans are going overboard with their hatred towards him but i dont think you should be taken to court and turned into a criminal over it.

then if it's nothing to do with his race and just about the fact that campbell screwed the club over, we come back to why the song being sung at him has racist overtones.

i've several mates back home who are spurs fans and who absolutely despise campbell still for what he did. think they're intelligent enough to know that abuse is one thing though, racism and homophobia are something else.

and 'hospital food'? how old are you?

I think you miss the point ! Why can Muslims be offended, or perieved to be offended but christians or other faiths cant be offended by Ramadam. Why is it not offensive to have a black police offices union but a white anything union is ??? If I had tried to sue for discrimination it would be laughed out of court. Why can I not sue when told I cant apply for this job because Im the wrong colour or sex etc etc etc. Discrimination is discrimination no matter what type of PC crap you call it. The other point was Just ignore the wa&*ers and get on with your life like I did. After all its no big deal.

Was that a better rant for you ???? :o

i don't miss the point i'm afraid. discrimination is by default against a minority, and white people in britain are not an oppressed minority, whatever the daily mail might say.

and as for ignoring the wanke_rs, again, it's absolutely subjective. you might not be offended by being called a northern monkey, but if a jewish spurs fan is offended by someone making hissing noises and singing about gas chambers, then it's offensive.

i don't miss the point i'm afraid. discrimination is by default against a minority, and white people in britain are not an oppressed minority, whatever the daily mail might say.

and as for ignoring the wanke_rs, again, it's absolutely subjective. you might not be offended by being called a northern monkey, but if a jewish spurs fan is offended by someone making hissing noises and singing about gas chambers, then it's offensive.

No discrimination is NOT by default JUST against the minority. Its that type of leftist PC crap thats to blame for all this. To say its OK to discriminate against the majority is WRONG. Answer some of the points I made not just generalise ! Why is it OK for the supposed equality chief to call British TV " Horribly white " or for Treveor McDonald to call Bernard Manning " just a fat white Bas%^d "

Britain is still a 90% white, Christian population. In your word they have to change to accept the ways and religions of the minority. ? As said Id be interested in how you can defend discrimination for the one and not the other. All forms of discrimination should be outlawed.

No discrimination is NOT by default JUST against the minority. Its that type of leftist PC crap thats to blame for all this. To say its OK to discriminate against the majority is WRONG. Answer some of the points I made not just generalise ! Why is it OK for the supposed equality chief to call British TV " Horribly white " or for Treveor McDonald to call Bernard Manning " just a fat white Bas%^d "

Britain is still a 90% white, Christian population. In your word they have to change to accept the ways and religions of the minority. ? As said Id be interested in how you can defend discrimination for the one and not the other. All forms of discrimination should be outlawed.

we're getting hugely off-topic here but a couple of points:

1. mcdonald and trevor phillips' comments were out of order. phillips is right about the bbc, mind.

2. britain is probably about 90% white still i'll give you, but i think it's far from 90% christian. and yes, they do have to change to accept the ways and religions of minorities. that's called evolution and it's what countries and peoples do.

3. all forms of discrimination are outlawed, as they should be. but what you call 'political correctness' or 'positive discrimination' are initiatives which attempt to redress the balance of years of discrimination against ethnic minorities. so how can that not be fair?

4. mcdonald was wrong about bernard manning, i agree. he wasn't a fat white bastard, he was a fat bigoted racist bastard.

4. mcdonald was wrong about bernard manning, i agree. he wasn't a fat white bastard, he was a fat bigoted racist bastard.

Bernard Manning is the greatest comedian these Isles have ever had, that isnt even for debate

Trevor Mcdonald is a brainless fool who can do no more then read autoque, my view is after watching many of his roles away from the news at 10, but let him say what he likes.

As youre obviously from the loony left, you ought to be aware but like to hush up the fact that English white working class boys achieve the worst results of all in schools. One of the reasons is that minority groups get 100s of millions spent on them to achieve better results, due to unelected racists such as Trevor Phillips getting his racist anti white way, working class white boy is lawfully discrimated against in favour of privately educated people of colour.

As for Jewish people taking offense, i travelled with the hottest Israeli girl and she asked me to tell her all the Jewish jokes i know and was laughing her socks off, she was able to differentiate the difference between a joke and genuine hate......besides Jewish people have intergrated almost perfectly into British society and have no intention of pushing their ways on the natives, that cant be said for people like you wishing to push for minorities.

phillips is right about the bbc, mind.

He wasnt pushing for White working class males for jobs though was he, this is due to him being a anti white racist.

Besides it is a fact that ethnic minorites are over represented on all news and entertainment shows, BBC is a so far left the TV tax should be scrapped.

Bernard Manning is the greatest comedian these Isles have ever had, that isnt even for debate

Trevor Mcdonald is a brainless fool who can do no more then read autoque, my view is after watching many of his roles away from the news at 10, but let him say what he likes.

As youre obviously from the loony left, you ought to be aware but like to hush up the fact that English white working class boys achieve the worst results of all in schools. One of the reasons is that minority groups get 100s of millions spent on them to achieve better results, due to unelected racists such as Trevor Phillips getting his racist anti white way, working class white boy is lawfully discrimated against in favour of privately educated people of colour.

As for Jewish people taking offense, i travelled with the hottest Israeli girl and she asked me to tell her all the Jewish jokes i know and was laughing her socks off, she was able to differentiate the difference between a joke and genuine hate......besides Jewish people have intergrated almost perfectly into British society and have no intention of pushing their ways on the natives, that cant be said for people like you wishing to push for minorities.

afraid there's no point discussing any further with you if you believe a] that manning was at all funny, b] that crap about 100s of millions being spent on minority groups' education at the expense of white working class kids and c] that shameless daily mail <deleted> about 'integrating into british society'.

were you on that recently-leaked BNP list by the way?

b] that crap about 100s of millions being spent on minority groups' education at the expense of white working class kids

were you on that recently-leaked BNP list by the way?

Here 430 million pound purely for ethnic minorities, now you show us funding for white working class kids.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/212873.stm

Facts can be so inconvienent.

Come on it's football, you do what you can to wind up the opposition, players and fans.

Where were your 'racist' accusations when Keane called McCarthy an English cun_t? Or is it acceptable for anyone and everyone to abuse the English. Strangely there was not one word of condemnation from the media or the football world.

This is not a rhetorical question StevieH, let's have an answer.

Come on it's football, you do what you can to wind up the opposition, players and fans.

Where were your 'racist' accusations when Keane called McCarthy an English cun_t? Or is it acceptable for anyone and everyone to abuse the English. Strangely there was not one word of condemnation from the media or the football world.

This is not a rhetorical question StevieH, let's have an answer.

it's football granted, and winding up and banter are parts of the game, i agree. bigotry isn't though.

i'm happy to answer you on the keane / mccarthy issue mate as it wasn't racism. they're both caucasian. xenophobia perhaps, but not racism.

i don't really understand how people can't see that there are lines of bigotry you don't cross and that have no place in football. swearing and taking the piss out of players from the terraces? not a problem. racism, homophobia, any form of bigotry that football's tried for so long to kick out? nah.