British Embassy Residency Visa

Hello all.

My wife is in the process of completing the application form for the permanency resident visa for the UK.

The info that we gathered from their website states that the applicant should allow 12 weeks processing time from initially submitting the form to the interview so that they can determine if the applicant meets their entry and resident requirements.

As we are not in possession of all the documents required it is our intention to submit the application form and whilst we are waiting for the interview this will allow us time to have the necessary documents sent over from the UK to back up and validate her application.

The question that I would like to ask of anyone who has been through this procedure is this-Is this 12 weeks a realistic estimate of the waiting time or if sooner it's likely that my wife could be interviewed before we have all necessary documents?

If you have personally experienced this please advise...

Thank you-Leprechaun

Hello all.

My wife is in the process of completing the application form for the permanency resident visa for the UK.

The info that we gathered from their website states that the applicant should allow 12 weeks processing time from initially submitting the form to the interview so that they can determine if the applicant meets their entry and resident requirements.

As we are not in possession of all the documents required it is our intention to submit the application form and whilst we are waiting for the interview this will allow us time to have the necessary documents sent over from the UK to back up and validate her application. 

The question that I would like to ask of anyone who has been through this procedure is this-Is this 12 weeks a realistic estimate of the waiting time or if sooner it's likely that my wife could be interviewed before we have all necessary documents?

If you have personally experienced this please advise...

Thank you-Leprechaun

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...ighlite=uk+visa

Leprechaun,

If, as your moniker suggests, you are Irish but living in the UK, then don't apply for the settlement visa for your wife. If this is true, your wife should apply for a family permit as the spouse of an EU/EEA national living in the UK. This is a lot easier to get and is free. You just need to show that you are lawfully married, that you have funds/work to provide for yourselves and show your Irish passport. There is no waiting time. Ideally the family permit should be issued on the day that the application is made.

If, despite your moniker, you are British, then there is no harm making the application and awaiting further papers from the UK but be aware that the waiting time for interview has dramatically fallen recently, so you don't want to be caught out. I recall a Thai lady posting on here recently that she only had a 9-day wait between making her application and the interview.

Cheers,

Scouse.

I'm planning on getting spliced in Thailand in early April, and was hoping to get the visa more or less straight afterwards. Is that feasible? The UK Visas website says it can take up to 9 weeks to get the interview, but what if we apply 9 weeks in advance only to find they call my tee rak in sooner, ie before we're married? Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm planning on getting spliced in Thailand in early April, and was hoping to get the visa more or less straight afterwards. Is that feasible? The UK Visas website says it can take up to 9 weeks to get the interview, but what if we apply 9 weeks in advance only to find they call my tee rak in sooner, ie before we're married? Thanks in advance for any help.

Apply in advance and ask for an interview for a date when you know you'll be married. Not too far in advance though as you then run the risk of them telling you to come back nearer the date.

Scouse.

Apply in advance and ask for an interview for a date when you know you'll be married. Not too far in advance though as you then run the risk of them telling you to come back nearer the date.

Scouse.