Witness To Murder !

NedKelly

Murder happens everywhere. It is a sad fact of life. I saw a young gas station attendant murdered in the US (and helped put the murderer behind bars.) I have seen dozens of Iraqis blown up by suicide bombers. To single out Thailand for a heious act is rather myopic.

As for putting it on television, sometimes that is the only way to get action. From the commercial shows like America's Most Wanted (which has resulted in many fugitives being arrested) to various news clips ranging from Taliban executions to the Spanish train bombings to the Twin Towers to military excesses in Iraq, all have a purpose to be shown.

Most of us wish that all humans would respect life, but sadly, this just isn't so.

Because this seen was played out on TV - yes, thanks to $#@!^%& Channel 7 I am now scarred for life.

I will not bring up my daughter in this country - this has changed my opinion irrevocably.

There's a pretty simple solution to this: don't watch soaps on Thai TV and don't let your daughter watch them. My other half's daughter has never seen a lakorn nam-nao in her life and she's a very well-adjusted kid. Get cable, if you can. It's much better. Frankly, Thai music videos can be pretty bad too - full of kids killing themselves because of a broken heart. It's not a healthy idea to give a kid.

I saw this too last night not a soap but a docu news type thing. also had footage of that drag racing acident in bangkok the other week.

The 7-11 murder was cctv footage from inside and outside the 7-11 was in high quailty color and quite shocking to see the guy calmly walk in and stab the girl multiple times then just stood there over her body and called the police. It was quite maddening to see no one go to her aide, but i guess thats easy to say, dont know if i would try to intervine when the guy is weilding a knife. very sad!!

No worse than worlds most amazing police chases, shootouts, animal attacks etc and other type programs from america that i have seen in the UK.

It's Thursday night 11/12/08 around 10.40pm and I have just seen a woman murdered in cold blood by a knife wielding fat slob man. He just walked up to her and started jabbing her in the front with a very long knife until she fell to the floor of the 7/11 where he then kneeled over her and stabbed her violently maybe three times and left her lying there with blood gushing from her mouth, her body in convulsions and a pool of her blood quickly surrounding her on the floor.......!!! I feel sick to the core and will surely vomit soon......my body is floating ......I cannot feel my legs......I am in shock !!!

This was the most disgraceful act of cowardice I have ever seen and I could do nothing for this poor woman.

Why did I not do anything ??

Because this seen was played out on TV - yes, thanks to $#@!^%& Channel 7 I am now scarred for life.

I will not bring up my daughter in this country - this has changed my opinion irrevocably.

the country where a handful of people can overthrow a government and spit in the faces of all those poor people in the countryside. This is what your wealthy city cousins think of you ! Sick sick sick !

Ned, You need serious mental heath professionals to get at the root cause of your aversion to this particular clip played on local television. Meanwhile do not bring your daughter here unless you can man-up and take care of her like a father should. Crying about the news is going to send your daughter the wrong message about how to react in the face of bad news on television. Think about going to Family Mart until your therapy is finished. Listen to the poster that talks about "life skills".

Edited by grantbkk

It's Thursday night 11/12/08 around 10.40pm and I have just seen a woman murdered in cold blood by a knife wielding fat slob man. He just walked up to her and started jabbing her in the front with a very long knife until she fell to the floor of the 7/11 where he then kneeled over her and stabbed her violently maybe three times and left her lying there with blood gushing from her mouth, her body in convulsions and a pool of her blood quickly surrounding her on the floor.......!!! I feel sick to the core and will surely vomit soon......my body is floating ......I cannot feel my legs......I am in shock !!!

This was the most disgraceful act of cowardice I have ever seen and I could do nothing for this poor woman.

the country where a handful of people can overthrow a government and spit in the faces of all those poor people in the countryside. This is what your wealthy city cousins think of you ! Sick sick sick !

Have you watched western TV recently?

If you think that's violent? tune into CNN and have a look at what's happening in the real world.

Think yourself lucky you are in Thailand :o

in 15 years of canadian news, newspapers + 1.5 years of FOX news and CNN in thailand, i have not witnessed one single act of violence where you can openly see what happened if it was gory

In thailand everytime i open a newspaper or watch the news, theres corruption or bloody murders that are VERY graphic, then after that you have those mind numbing tv shows where all there is to talk about is : spouse abuse, rape, murders, cheating and unreasonable screaming

Have you watched western TV recently?

If you think that's violent? tune into CNN and have a look at what's happening in the real world.

Think yourself lucky you are in Thailand :o

Edited by Old Man River