Christmas Dinner

leprechaun

Hiya...

I’d like to introduce my family to some western culture.

Can you recommend a nice pub in BKK that would be suitable for a family for that traditional Christmas dinner on the 25th?

If you have addresses/telephone numbers it would be beneficial.

Thanks-Leprechaun.

Hiya...

Can you recommend a nice pub in BKK that would be suitable for a family for that traditional Christmas dinner on the 25th?

Thanks-Leprechaun.

Excuse me but we normally have Xmas dinner on 24th evening and then another big meal on 25th midday... I speak about France

Is it different in U.K.???

Sorry I don't know BKK well enough to give any advice to you

Hiya...

Thanks-Leprechaun.

You could try the Dubliner 440 Sukhumvit rd ph 66-2-204-1841-2

Hiya...

Thanks-Leprechaun.

Excuse me but we normally have Xmas dinner on 24th evening and then another big meal on 25th midday... I speak about France

Fukcing stupid the French and also the Danes. they also have a Xmas dinner on Xmas eve. Go figure, Some people are a bit fukced up.

Myself, Big Dave and the girls are thinking about going to the Xchange. Also a few people from the footy team. but we will need to book. Just waiting on the total numbers. Its about 1000 baht each. You can check out the menu. Goto farang food and pubs forum. On the 2nd page there is a link. someone else posted a similar question to you.

If your up for it then you can come with us.

Hiya...

Thanks-Leprechaun.

Fukcing stupid the French and also the Danes. they also have a Xmas dinner on Xmas eve. Go figure, Some people are a bit fukced up.

A mate of mine is married to a French shelia, he called me yesterday just to bitch about his wife wanting xmas dinner on the 24th.

He's quite a hard bugger and told her that if thats want she wanted, she can piss off on the first availabe flight back to France. :o

Hiya...

Thanks-Leprechaun.

Plenty of good "farang" pubs serving Christmas food this year, but many are near roads associated with girly bars as thats where most forigners socialize. So dinner in the evening might be an eye opener for young kids....

Nevertherless, if its a family Christmas dinner, and you're in the Sukhumvit area, try the Huntsman Pub located below the Landmark Hotel. Large, reasonably priced (Thai & western Men should someone not like the Christmas dinner) and with live entertainment..but book now!!!!!

Regards,

Kir

I am sure, all the well known pubs will be doing something special.

Huntsman, as mentioned above in Landmark, is always a good recommendation and not expensive.

Bobby's Arms in Patpong carpark comes to my mind

oldest pub in town, afaik

or the Bull's head on Sukhumvit 33/1

Check out Bangkok Post for specials but book asap. They are usually full.

Here a link to pubs, but no phone numbers:

http://www.bangkokbob.net/bars_pubs.htm

PS: Sorry, cannot recommend too much, as myself celebrates on 24th.

and usually not in Bangkok but back home.

Edited by Axel

Hiya...

Thanks-Leprechaun.

Hiya...

Thanks-Leprechaun.

Hiya...

Thanks-Leprechaun.

A mate of mine is married to a French shelia, he called me yesterday just to bitch about his wife wanting xmas dinner on the 24th.

He's quite a hard bugger and told her that if thats want she wanted, she can piss off on the first availabe flight back to France. :o

I am sure, all the well known pubs will be doing something special.

Huntsman, as mentioned above in Landmark, is always a good recommendation and not expensive.

Bobby's Arms in Patpong carpark comes to my mind

oldest pub in town, afaik

or the Bull's head on Sukhumvit 33/1

Check out Bangkok Post for specials but book asap. They are usually full.

Here a link to pubs, but no phone numbers:

http://www.bangkokbob.net/bars_pubs.htm

PS: Sorry, cannot recommend too much, as myself celebrates on 24th.

and usually not in Bangkok but back home.

Why is it that the French and the Scans have XMAS dinner on the 24th? Surely XMAS day is the day for a XMAS dinner. I used to live with a Danish guy and his tgf in Bangkok and he was always wanting to have big Xmas dinner on the 24th. It never happened. Because XMAS dinner is on XMAS day. Strange!

Hey guys, it is the jolly season and peace to the world.

Dave said it, it's different everywhere.

As far as I know, England and the rest of the UK celebrate Christmas on 25th as their old colonies do... :o

The Christian Europe has Christmas on 24th, i.e. Christmas Eve. Traditionally that's the first time the candles are lit on the tree, gifts exchanged and a light dinner at home (once a year not too much work for the housewife)

Later mass (never went there myself)

For children the gifts are brought by Christ's child on th 24th and put under the tree

(not in socks on a chimney on 25th)

Big food on 25th, which is called 1st Christmas holyday. Relax on the second holiday and try to get sober, slim down by taking a long walk...

(Boxing day in english speaking coutnries, I was told comes from the fact that you do away with the gift boxes ??

Anyway, have a nice, happy and merry Christmas. No need to fight over different traditions, although I would try to introduce the mistletoe back home.

Peace and joy to all of you.

Hiya...

Thanks-Leprechaun.

why reply then? :o

That's what you think huh? So if I happen to think the Scottish people are the most violent psychatic scum in this world, would that make us even?

Why the slur? What's your problem? Why can't you just accept different countries have different ways of doing things?

Edited by madsere

That's what you think huh? So if I happen to think the Scottish people are the most violent psychatic scum in this world, would that make us even?

Why the slur? What's your problem? Why can't you just accept different countries have different ways of doing things?

Maybe it's just because they have been inbreeding on their little island for a few thousand years , madsere :o:D

I'm having a dinner on the 24th at home with french friends, and another on the 25th in a pub (Londoner) with english friends, so I think I found a good "compromis" :o .

But I have a question for a better understanding of this strange english culture: do you have your New Year dinner on the 31st of December, or on the 1st of January ???

Maybe it's just because they have been inbreeding on their little island for a few thousand years , madsere :D:D

I'm having a dinner on the 24th at home with french friends, and another on the 25th in a pub (Londoner) with english friends, so I think I found a good "compromis"  :D .

But I have a question for a better understanding of this strange english culture: do you have your New Year dinner on the 31st of December, or on the 1st of January ???

Will apologise for my outburst as i'm a violent psycotic bastard and dont know any better. Must be the imbreeding. Just always wondered why the Scans and French and who ever else has XMAS DINNER on XMAS EVE. Surely XMAS DINNER should be on XMAS DAY! As for NY then we usually have a NY dinner on NY's day. Not Hogmany( NY's Eve). If i offended anyone with my out burst against the frogs or the Danes. Then what would i know i'm only and imbred! :D:o:D:D

Don't worry, we know that, because of the inbreeding, English people are not really normal, and thus we forgive them easily :o

So for NY, you have a dinner on the New Year day (1st january), and nothing special on New Year's eve (except getting drunk, but that's something you do everyday :D ) ???

When I say that you are not normal...

Don't worry, we know that, because of the inbreeding, English people are not really normal, and thus we forgive them easily  :o

So for NY, you have a dinner on the New Year day (1st january), and nothing special on New Year's eve (except getting drunk, but that's something you do everyday  :D ) ???

When I say that you are not normal...

31st we start before the bells and carry on till the next day. Bit of kip and its back up and out again. right through till the 2nd and sometimes beyond. We need to eat on the 1st to keep on drinking. :D:D:D

Maybe it's just because they have been inbreeding on their little island for a few thousand years , madsere :D:D

I'm having a dinner on the 24th at home with french friends, and another on the 25th in a pub (Londoner) with english friends, so I think I found a good "compromis"  :D .

Will apologise for my outburst as i'm a violent psycotic bastard and dont know any better. Must be the imbreeding. Just always wondered why the Scans and French and who ever else has XMAS DINNER on XMAS EVE. Surely XMAS DINNER should be on XMAS DAY! As for NY then we usually have a NY dinner on NY's day. Not Hogmany( NY's Eve). If i offended anyone with my out burst against the frogs or the Danes. Then what would i know i'm only and imbred! :o:D:D:D

These europeans will always have a go as us Brits and Scots, not sure why? jealousy i suppose, they can't help it :D:D

Jockstar:- :o

For your Info: most of us, with the exception of U.K., The Citizens of EUROPE celebrate Christmas Eve (more, than on the Day) not only in the countries that you mentioned BTW. :D

What is your problem with that ? Pray tell us……….!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Eat your <deleted>’ (Haggis) sheep stomach stuffed with all that Offal meat :D on your NY…Eve.. in Bonnie Scotland or wherever you are, you offal (eating/speaking) person. :D

Shame on you really, and on this Christmas Week :D, for slagging off The Europeans on ThaiVisaDotCom for what we hold very dearly in our hearts , celebrating this, Christmas Eve 2004. :D

Thank you very much.

And to all of you… :D

Happy Days. :D

P.S. JockStrap, I am a European :D

Edited by Kan Win

Well WanKin. Oops sorry Kan Win! :o:D

If you would have read the post correctly. I actually slagged off the French and Danes. I made a reference to Scans in general. But where did i mention Europeans as a WHOLE? As for why people celebrate on XMAS Eve in Europe. No one has actually given a decent reason for this. Except thats the way it is. Well lets look at it this way. On Xmas day we as people from the Uk celebrate XMAS On surprisingly Xmas DAY! We have our Xmas DINNER surprisingly on Xmas Day! Not the day before as this is NOt Xmas.. People from Oz,Eire, Nz Sa, US, Canada, Sth America, and so on and on celebrate on Xmas day and have their Xmas dinner then also. Have you noticed that pubs even here in Bangkok serve Xmas dinner on Xmas Day. I wonder why that is?

Jockstar:- :D

For your Info: most of us, with the exception of U.K.,  The Citizens of EUROPE celebrate Christmas Eve (more, than on the Day) not only in the countries that you mentioned BTW.

What is your problem with that ? Pray tell us……….!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Eat your <deleted>’ (Haggis) sheep stomach stuffed with all that Offal meat :D on your  NY…Eve.. in Bonnie Scotland or wherever you are, you offal (eating/speaking) person.  :D

Shame on you really, and on this Christmas Week  :D, for slagging off The Europeans on ThaiVisaDotCom for what we hold very dearly in our hearts , celebrating this, Christmas Eve 2004.

Thank you very much.

And to all of you… :D

Happy Days. :o

P.S. JockStrap, I am a European  :D

Thats because you are all strange. :D

kiwis and Aussies, Poms and normal celebrate Christmas Day on Christmas Day. :D:D

Well WanKin. (Hahahahaha. nice one  :D)  Oops sorry Kan Win! :D  :D  

If you would have read the post correctly. I actually slagged off the French and Danes. I made a reference to Scans in general. But where did i mention Europeans as a WHOLE? As for why people celebrate on XMAS Eve in Europe. No one has actually given a decent reason for this. Except thats the way it is. Well lets look at it this way. On Xmas day we as people from the Uk celebrate XMAS On surprisingly Xmas DAY! We have our Xmas DINNER surprisingly on Xmas Day! Not the day before as this is NOt Xmas.. People from Oz,Eire, Nz Sa, US, Canada, Sth America, and so on and on celebrate on Xmas day and have their Xmas dinner then also.  Have you noticed that pubs even here in Bangkok serve Xmas dinner on Xmas Day. I wonder why that is?

Happy Days... :o

We are all “Europeans” are we not? :D

Why did you not include the REST of Europe, as opposed to picking out the countries that you mentioned. ??

And yes, we Europeans, do all celebrate the “Eve of Christ’s Birth". :D

Hope that answers your question. :D

Squeeze me "Scot from that Land", and beg my pudding, but do not you eat at Luncheon Time on that day ? and not at Dinner Time? Hence this questions ?

Kwai do you call it “Xmas “DINNER”” then :D

Cheers:-

medium.jpg

Jock have a good one.

Love all of you lots. :D

Kan Win :D

P.S. Have you noticed why all the hotels in Bangkok are celebrating Christmas Eve? Jock Super Star - I wonder why that is? as well. Kancha guess ?

Edited by Kan Win