Broken Toe?

So1DoG

Just had an accident outside my house(dam toys), fell over and might of broken my big toe.

Just out of curiousity as i cant get to a hospital today. Anyone know how much it might cost for a routine check or treatment at a hospital?

Im in bangkok.

One good thing about this though is i might be able to "leer" at some nurses. hahaha

:o

Just had an accident outside my house(dam toys), fell over and might of broken my big toe.

Just out of curiousity as i cant get to a hospital today. Anyone know how much it might cost for a routine check or treatment at a hospital?

Im in bangkok.

One good thing about this though is i might be able to "leer" at some nurses. hahaha

OUCH!!!

Would be better to move post to Health Board.

I don't know costs, but I have used St Louis in Sathorn and it has western standards but budget fees. With luck it may not be broken. I have also used Chula- this is one of the best Thai Govt hospitals and operates on Thai prices.

As it is routine I think a budget place is ok.

Very painful.

Im in bangkok.

OUCH!!!

Would be better to move post to Health Board.

I don't know costs, but I have used St Louis in Sathorn and it has western standards but budget fees. With luck it may not be broken. I have also used Chula- this is one of the best Thai Govt hospitals and operates on Thai prices.

As it is routine I think a budget place is ok.

Very painful.

Yeah your right very painful, just took some pain killer so its not to bad unless i try to stand up and walk.

Hopefully it might be just bruising but need to get it checked.

Thanks for the info

Why bother going at all? There isnt much you can do about a broken toe...I broke my big toe years ago when i fell off a kiddies roundabout drunk at 5am, went to the hospital, got an x-ray and got told, yes, it is broken, try not to walk too much. That was it.

Why bother going at all? There isnt much you can do about a broken toe...I broke my big toe years ago when i fell off a kiddies roundabout drunk at 5am, went to the hospital, got an x-ray and got told, yes, it is broken, try not to walk too much. That was it.

I agree with 'saorsa' as I broke several of the smaller toes through the years when I was involved in judo. A few years ago, I broke my big toe by dropping a 2 lb. jar of peanut butter on it. Doctors advice was always just to tape broken toe so that it is straight and then tape it to surrounding toes for support. It was always painful to walk for quite some time while the toe was healing.

I agree with 'saorsa' as I broke several of the smaller toes through the years when I was involved in judo. A few years ago, I broke my big toe by dropping a 2 lb. jar of peanut butter on it. Doctors advice was always just to tape broken toe so that it is straight and then tape it to surrounding toes for support. It was always painful to walk for quite some time while the toe was healing.

As a retired nurse - that's standard procedure but don't fprget to put some form of padding between the toes - a small piece of gauze will do.

So1DoG: if you want to leer at this retired nurse, I will ask my wife what the best times are and how much we will charge!

My mother broke several of her toes several time. She never went to a doctor.

I recall she told me at least one of them can't be moved 100 % like before.

She of course did not tape it to the the surrounding ones.

just broke a small bone in my foot a few days ago. Went to hospital and seem to have been a hairline fracture.

NO cast or no bandage as I had iced down my foot for 2 days before going to hospital. Had a doctors diagnosis and and Xray taken.

Was given some pain kllers and some cream total cost 1300Baht but I am in Pattaya and went to Pattaya International.

Am sure in Bangkok most international hospitals are a bit cheaper.

What a ridiculus thread.

If I had broken my toe, I would have immediately gone and seeked medical attention, not ask on ThaiVisa, how much?

If it`s too expensive, just prop your foot up on a stall and take painkillers for the rest of your life.

LOL. well to be honest i had to wait for someone to pick me up to take me to a hospital. I was bored, in pain and sat on my chair next to me pc as i didnt fancy going for a walk.

Why ridiculus? It would also of made me feel better if someone said it would only cost 1000 baht :o

For only 500 baht you can drop by and I will break your nose, and your big toe won't seem to hurt as much :o

Ok but its been broken to many times before, I used to be champion heavyweight boxer in the army. Where do u wanna meet james?? :D

That is about it... there is nothing you can do much about - unless you really need to know if it is or not..

For only 500 baht you can drop by and I will break your nose, and your big toe won't seem to hurt as much :o

Ok but its been broken to many times before, I used to be champion heavyweight boxer in the army. Where do u wanna meet james?? :D

how bout your jaw then mate? :D

Im in bangkok.

don't go to hospital,nothing they can do.i know i've done the same.sit with foot raised with an ice pack,take pain killers,be fine in a couple of weeks.

That is about it... there is nothing you can do much about - unless you really need to know if it is or not..

Yes but if its dislocated they might have to snap it back into place. :o:D:D:D

I dont have one james, It got blown off from a roadside bomb that went off in iraq whilst i was in a gun battle with hundreds of the enemy :D

I dont have one james, It got blown off from a roadside bomb that went off in iraq whilst i was in a gun battle with hundreds of the enemy :D

With all the injuries and scars you have mate, it's a good thing you are not an old horse.

there is a new move in Thai-Boxing it is called the "Jump on the Toe attack" :D :D :D

You`re well out of order.

You are going to have to control your temper and TOE the line.

Trouble is tolster when i stand up it feels like a bone is sticking out. It better not bloody be as i cant handle the thought of it being cracked back into place.

Off for check tomorrow. Anyway chang works well as a medicine :o:D

HAHA well at least somethings are making me smile in this time of troubles. Not the global crisis etc just my bloody big toe.

Use an ice pack for a day or 2. This will control the swelling and hopefully reduce pain- which shouldn't be underestimated.

If a black bruise shows up, then more likely a sprain/stub I think.

The postings are about right IMHO ,ie, little to be done. And probaly not broken anyway.

But really you should get it checked out as toe injuries/ mis aligned bones can cause endless pain.

One of the most amazing things is that this post has made it so far without being moved. See the mods are really on the ball. :o

HAHA well at least somethings are making me smile in this time of troubles. Not the global crisis etc just my bloody big toe.

Use an ice pack for a day or 2. This will control the swelling and hopefully reduce pain- which shouldn't be underestimated.

The postings are about right IMHO ,ie, little to be done. And probaly not broken anyway.

But really you should get it checked out as toe injuries/ mis aligned bones can cause endless pain.

One of the most amazing things is that this post has made it so far without being moved. See the mods are really on the ball. :o

Yes good advice mate.

As for the mods moving it. nah there wouldnt be any replies in the health section as no one goes there, better it stay here :D

Yes good advice mate.

As for the mods moving it. nah there wouldnt be any replies in the health section as no one goes there, better it stay here :D

Of course, as a pain killer it might be advisable to partake in liberal amounts of fermented barley water, but don't take pain killers at the same time.

Yes good advice mate.

Look, all joking aside, go and get your toe looked at in a hospital.

Otherwise the bone may not set right and could cause all kinds of complications.

I doubt if the cost of treatment will be very dramatic and better than being a cripple.

Go and have it done and a very merry Christmas to you and all your family.

Let us know how you get on.

I once dropped a boot last ( a heavy anvil type device) on my second toe, while putting sprigs on my footy boots.

I strapped it up to my big toe, shoved it in the boot and played a game of footy (AFL) that afternoon.

The toe was black for months and is still a funny shape now, many years later.

Suck it up and get on with it.