Pattaya International Mardi Gras Festival Announcement.

kurgen

On Friday Morning at Pattaya City Hall, Khun Wirawat, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya chaired a preparation meeting to discuss plans for the Pattaya International Mardi Gras which is set to take place on 23rd January 2009.

This will be the first ever Mardi Gras Festival here in Pattaya and will be based on Mardi Gras celebrations around the world. The highlight of the festival will be an Electric Parade which will take place in the evening.

It will start at Pattaya City Hall and finish on Pattaya Beach close to the Central Pattaya Road intersection.

Local Schools and Private Companies will be taking part in the parade which will be colorful and full of energy according to the organizers who are Pattaya City Hall and the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Sponsors for the event include the Central Pattana Group and various Pattaya Tourism and Hotel clubs.

Pattaya One News

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been watching Austraalia Network - wanted to see how they explained the Proteas victory.

Anyway, there was a quick programme on the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Festival, which the presenter kept referring to as Mardi Gras.

So I suppse this is what the Pattaya City Council were talking about, using Aussie code-words.

A family festival indeed !!

Don't suppose it will be anything like Mardi Gras in Rio or New Orleans with scads of girls flashing the crowds to score stings of cheap beads, and hundreds of scores of gawking men trying to get pictures of them (the flashing girls, not the cheap beads). :o

I've just been watching Austraalia Network - wanted to see how they explained the Proteas victory.

Anyway, there was a quick programme on the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Festival, which the presenter kept referring to as Mardi Gras.

So I suppse this is what the Pattaya City Council were talking about, using Aussie code-words.

A family festival indeed !!

The Sydney event is a festival that includes the Mardi Gras as part of it. There are films and other events, but the big ticket event is the parade followed by the dance party. The Mardi Gras parade will get a crowd of several hundred thoudand on a good year and be several kilometers long. It atracts people from all over the world and is considered a major tourist event.

But no more clues as to what the Pattaya event will entail? Floats? Dancers? Bands? I don't reckon it will be a predominantly gay-themed bash although if businesses are going to enter floats or dance teams a-la true Carneval style, I would assume there would be a participant of two from the other side of the street.

Sorry kerryd, I doubt the local lases will have their 'tits oot fer the lads' as they do in Bourbon Street but probably the "other girls" will though.

But no more clues as to what the Pattaya event will entail? Floats? Dancers? Bands? I don't reckon it will be a predominantly gay-themed bash although if businesses are going to enter floats or dance teams a-la true Carneval style, I would assume there would be a participant of two from the other side of the street.

Sorry kerryd, I doubt the local lases will have their 'tits oot fer the lads' as they do in Bourbon Street but probably the "other girls" will though.

the katoeys will have them out though for sure, :o

• 4 weeks later...