Non Immigration Visa O Married To A Thai

Need advise, will visit Penang with Thai wife, if I get a 90 day visa do I have to get a 1 years extention later or can I go back to my 30 day run after my 90 day runs out.

You are not required to get an extension (assuming that you are even qualified). And sure you can go back to 30 day, at least at this point in time you can.

In the long run the one year extension will cause you the least hassle,

but it is not a requirement.

If you plan on doing visa runs, get the multi-entry O based on your marriage, then you only need to do the border run every three months.

• 1 year later...
In the long run the one year extension will cause you the least hassle,

but it is not a requirement.

If you plan on doing visa runs, get the multi-entry O based on your marriage, then you only need to do the border run every three months.

Hello Astral

I have this kind of one year Visa O needing a stamp every 3 months.

Am I oliged to cross a border OR any immigration office inside the country can stamp?

Thank you

Geo

If you are going to Penang with the wife do obtain a multi entry O visa like geovalin has as they will allow you 90 day stays for almost 15 months. All you have to do is cross a border/enter another country/and return to obtain a new 90 day entry stamp. The cost is not that much and is much better than using 30 day border crossings. If you can meet the requirements for extension of stay you can use the last 30 days of any entry to request it. The multi entry non Immigrant O visa is what you should have if you are not sure you can meet requirements within the first 90 day entry.

Geovelin: you must exit the country each 90 days and return for the new 90 day stamp.

If you are going to Penang with the wife do obtain a multi entry O visa like geovalin has as they will allow you 90 day stays for almost 15 months. All you have to do is cross a border/enter another country/and return to obtain a new 90 day entry stamp. The cost is not that much and is much better than using 30 day border crossings. If you can meet the requirements for extension of stay you can use the last 30 days of any entry to request it. The multi entry non Immigrant O visa is what you should have if you are not sure you can meet requirements within the first 90 day entry.

Geovelin: you must exit the country each 90 days and return for the new 90 day stamp.

Hi Lopburi3,

I am on 'O' visa for one year and it is due to expire this March. If I were to exit Thailand and come back on the same day (cross border), will I be issued with another 60 days extension ? Do I need to apply for a re-entry permit first ?

I plan to obtain a PR, may I know what is the procedure and cost involved ? Thank you for your advice

What exactly do you have? There is no non immigrant visa that provides a 60 day stay stamp.

Are you on a one year extension of stay from Immigration? Or are you hare on 90 day stay using a multi entry non immigrant O visa?

In other words do you have to leave the country every 90 days or not?

• 2 weeks later...
What exactly do you have? There is no non immigrant visa that provides a 60 day stay stamp.

Are you on a one year extension of stay from Immigration? Or are you hare on 90 day stay using a multi entry non immigrant O visa?

In other words do you have to leave the country every 90 days or not?

Sorry for the confusion.

I am on a 1 year Non-Immigration Cat 'O' extension. This is the second year already and it is due for extension in March.

I have the 400K cash in my bank. I am just curious if I can actually get another 90 days of extension simply by leaving Thailand and then re-etnering ?

Another questions :

Is it necessary to have a Thai Driving License if I am already having a Singapore Driving License ?

Thanks

Edited by desmond

You would not receive a new 90 day stamp and unless you had a re entry permit your visa/extension would be history. Before your current extension of stay expires you need to make a new application with your wife at immigration.

You need a Thai drivers licence.

You would not receive a new 90 day stamp and unless you had a re entry permit your visa/extension would be history. Before your current extension of stay expires you need to make a new application with your wife at immigration.

You need a Thai drivers licence.

Thanks for the info.

As for the drivers license, I understand I need an address ? My wife and I have a house but my name cannot be registered into the house registration book. So how can I give them the address ?

Also, where to apply for the Thai drivers license ?

Do I need to sit for the driving test/exam ?

What other documents are needed ?

Thanks a lot

When you visit immigration for your extension of stay request they provide a letter confirming your address. You can also obtain from your Embassy but that will likely cost you. Believe you are supposed to use the motor vehicle department when you live and with a licence you will probably only need color test or something like that (my licence was issued in 1970 so not up to date on requirements). :o

When you visit immigration for your extension of stay request they provide a letter confirming your address. You can also obtain from your Embassy but that will likely cost you. Believe you are supposed to use the motor vehicle department when you live and with a licence you will probably only need color test or something like that (my licence was issued in 1970 so not up to date on requirements). :o

Thanks a lot, I will ask the immigration for the letter confirming my address instead of going to the embassy