Ok. So You Have Been Kicked Out.

Jockstar

Hey Jock. Have a look at your member id info. Looks like we joined the same day and all the letters of my name fit into yours and what's left nearly spells scot.

Sorry, had a beer and rambling...

Spooky. You also seem to have been to many of the places i have. Are you sure your not my alter ego? Or maybe my stalker? :D:D:o

Hey Jock. Have a look at your member id info. Looks like we joined the same day and all the letters of my name fit into yours and what's left nearly spells scot.

Spooky. You also seem to have been to many of the places i have. Are you sure your not my alter ego? Or maybe my stalker? :D:D:o

Don't think I'd be stalking you if you had a head like that, ol' mate. :D

Don't think I'd be stalking you if you had a head like that, ol' mate. :D

laughing.jpg

I guess i would have to be a sparky again for a while then way up my options. Maybe open some kind of restaurant. Once i saved some money.

<deleted> me, don't tell me you're a sparky as well, Jockstar! :o . That's my trade, well, plant maint engineering in general but with an 80% electrical bias. Spooky.

I guess i would have to be a sparky again for a while then way up my options. Maybe open some kind of restaurant. Once i saved some money.

<deleted> me, don't tell me you're a sparky as well, Jockstar! :o . That's my trade, well, plant maint engineering in general but with an 80% electrical bias. Spooky.

Yes mate. I'm a sparky. Have been in the trade since i left school at 16. I'm now 30. But been taking a few years out teaching. Spooky! Dont tell me you are 30 too!

Yes mate. I'm a sparky. Have been in the trade since i left school at 16. I'm now 30. But been taking a few years out teaching. Spooky! Dont tell me you are 30 too!

32? :D No I'm 33, but turning 34 tomorrow with a few tins of Guinness in me hand. I went straight into an apprenticeship when I was 16 and have been coming and going work wise in the UK. Took a year out to visit Oz and NZ in 95/96...another year out in 98/99 for a round the world jobby and then started doing 6-month stretches in Thailand. The current stretch has lasted since early 2002 apart from two visits back home: one for a funeral and the other, a bit of engineering work back in May 2003. Married now to a Thai and working on the net. <deleted> to going back to my original work if I can help it. Wanted to be an astronomer anyway but the school career's teacher thought that'd be unwise...TOSSER!! Do you enjoy the teaching as opposed to the electrical work? Obviously money not the same but spose it's all relative when living in los and earning less, right?

32? :D No I'm 33, but turning 34 tomorrow with a few tins of Guinness in me hand. I went straight into an apprenticeship when I was 16 and have been coming and going work wise in the UK. Took a year out to visit Oz and NZ in 95/96...another year out in 98/99 for a round the world jobby and then started doing 6-month stretches in Thailand. The current stretch has lasted since early 2002 apart from two visits back home: one for a funeral and the other, a bit of engineering work back in May 2003. Married now to a Thai and working on the net. <deleted> to going back to my original work if I can help it. Wanted to be an astronomer anyway but the school career's teacher thought that'd be unwise...TOSSER!! Do you enjoy the teaching as opposed to the electrical work? Obviously money not the same but spose it's all relative when living in los and earning less, right?

Ye mate. i lived in Oz in 98 and then Nz in 2000 to 2001. Came here for a month and everywhere i went there was signs and ads. saying Teach English. i just thought. Fukc it ! Why not? i could do that. So found about courese and came back to Thailand 5 months later. Got a job within 3 months after my courses. Had enough off being a sparky. when i see guys on sites who are 50 or 60 still trying to do the same job as me. I think fukc that i dont want to be doing that when i'm that age. Love the teaching and playing football out here. running 2 teams at school also. I know when i goto Oz in 2006 for a couple of years then i'll need to do sparky work again for while. then after a year or so will look at my options. i see myself coming back here again in the future. As for the money. I could work my ass off in the Uk for a grand a week but i wouldn't be happy. What i earn here is no where near that. But money isn't everything.

And happy birthday for tomorrow!

Cheers, Jock. Yeah, I'd like to go back to Oz and do a bit of touring on a big bike. Don't think I could live there though.

I've done the 100-hour plus weeks for months on end and got the doe in the past but wouldn't like to do it continually. Have some mates who are still doing this and all chuffed with their pay checks, but where's all their time going? Can't get it back! As you say, money certainly isn't everything.