Best Buffet In Pattaya

Michaelaway

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday Carvery at the Robin's Nest on soi bukhao. Six selections of meat, pork, beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, ham at least. Decent veggies. Not thai food, just meat and veggies. worth a stop. nice place to eat actually. has some of the cutest workers around, even at late night. very nice.

apex already covered. OK for breakfast try now and then. Cheap and OK. Lek for Dinner is ok sometimes.

Small Indian place south pattaya just before you turn off to the jomtien road. buffet starts at 6. nothing fancy but it is OK. Bare essentials but flavor was good.

• 2 months later...

Went to Robins nest for sunday lunch yesterday haven't been for a while.

Was pleased to see they have droped the price to 199 for 3 coarses great value! Watch the drinks prices though.

On the whole it was good the meat was realy good and tender at least the Beef and Lamb was didn't try the rest, good if basic veg, only complaint from me no cauliflower cheese and no mustard or mint sauce only apple sauce, because of this I found it a bit bland.

Apple pie and Custard was good not much apple but the pastry was good and sweet and plenty of thick Custard.

All in all GVM allthough i think I would rather pay 249 and have cauliflower cheese and all the condiments.

Sorry but I have to post to restore some sanity to this forum. I'm not sure if some members are shareholders at BEAFEATERS but I tried their tex mex buffet on the recommendation of this board and IT SUCKS!

For 250 baht there were a few overcooked dry ribs, a plate of salad, cooked hamburger, taco shells and a few chips. What a joke. I can get this type of meal in any western city for less based on taste and value.

My advice Beafeater's buffet sucks and my gal's seafood salad was overpriced.

I'll stay clear of there next time.

What time did you get there? The Buffet runs from noon until 4PM, and if you got there close to 4PM that might explain what happened. I use to eat there all the time when the Buffet was 199 Baht. You can also look at the buffet before you sit down, and if it is not to your liking you can just walk out.

Barry

I treated myself to the Carvery at Jamesons on Saturday amid all those watching the various football games. With the salad bar available followed by the roasts and vegestables it really is good value at Baht 375 all-you-can-eat.

Salad bar had tomatoes, lettuce, potato salad, shrimp and squid salad and probably a few other things, I can't remember. There were salad dressings as well. I had the shrimp and potato salad which was good - I love potato salad! For the carvery I had the lamb and the pork, also were turkey, baked ham, and beef, vegetables: roast potatoes, cauliflower in white sauce, broccoli, peas, and lots of rich gravy!!! There were other vegetables but once again I can't remember - I do remember seeing mashed potatoes. They have mint sauce, apple sauce, mustard, etc plus yorkshire pudding if you want.

I always swear I am going back for seconds but have not made it yet! But there are those that do!

As I said good value and good quality for money!

wow some of these bars arent worth a light,purely for tourists who want to waste their money or farangs that cant be arsed to try some decent thai grub.

you come half way round the world and go in an irish bar,get a life guys and gals.

I understand what you are saying but some people can't eat only Thai food, particularly the genuine spicy Thai food which burns at both ends.

I actually take a large box of Wheet-Bix with me from home, as well as a large packet of sultanas to add some sweetness and have breakfast in my hotel room most mornings. I keep a box in the hotels storage room in which I have a toaster. I remove all the alcoholic drinks from the rooms refrigerator, replacing them with milk, sliced bread, butter, pineapple juice, Milo and eggs.

I have a buffet breakfast once every week during my Pattaya stay and the other six days per week I eat in my room. I have lunch and dinner outside but mostly western style food.

As strange as it may seem, I mainly eat western food in Thailand and mostly Asian food in Oz.

Why do you bring Weet-Bix from home when you can buy them at all major supermarkets in Pattaya?

:):D

The Weetabix you can buy here in LOS don't taste anything like the ones from UK.<They come from Singapore or Malaysia>

Well im sorry to report robins nest was a disapointment, we arrived at 1pm for sunday lunch and all of it was luke warm at best, and the brussels tasted off, .desert was good but all in all not nice, shame,

It seems to be very 'hit & miss',sometimes its A1 other times quite poor,luke warm......& 40 baht for a bottle of water!!!

Was pleased to see they have droped the price to 199 for 3 coarses great value! Watch the drinks prices though.

On the whole it was good the meat was realy good and tender at least the Beef and Lamb was didn't try the rest, good if basic veg, only complaint from me no cauliflower cheese and no mustard or mint sauce only apple sauce, because of this I found it a bit bland.

Apple pie and Custard was good not much apple but the pastry was good and sweet and plenty of thick Custard.

All in all GVM allthough i think I would rather pay 249 and have cauliflower cheese and all the condiments.

It's been a couple of months since I've been there,but there certainly wasn't any Lamb then & I would doubt if there is now for a 199 all you can eat meal..............

It's been a couple of months since I've been there,but there certainly wasn't any Lamb then & I would doubt if there is now for a 199 all you can eat meal..............

I can confirm there was indeed Lamb and very nice it was too!!! :)

:)

Hello!

First, I should say that I am 100% sure the writers who have recommended Cafe Pascal, Mantra, and the other high-end, super-delicious buffets are correct- they all must be fabulous! I truly would love to try each of them but, like many of us, I am on a modest, fixed income here and so am usually on the lookout for a delicious (or at least, tasty) meal followed by a small check-bin! So...

Here's an update, for those of you who prefer a budget buffet... And today, we're talking Japanese: SUKI & SUSHI!!

My TGF loves suki (as so many TGF's do!), as served at MK and other local restaurants. We must have eaten at MK nearly 25 times by now, and usually get outa there in the 300-500 baht range, depending on how hungry she is. A few weeks ago, we tried the new suki/sushi buffet restaurant,called Sukishi, located at Tesco (the one near Big C) on Sukhumvit. It was pretty good, I guess, although it has kind of a cafeteria atmosphere. Also, this place features the "rolling sushi train," that winds past all the diners for them to take the offerings of their choice, and hands were flying that day. Not particularly my personal favorite. Again, it was pretty good- but for 550 baht for the two of us, I felt we could have done better. The sushi was good, but not too many choices. The suki was good, but my tirak said quickly that the sauce was much better at MK, and she was right. I liked the terraki chicken, offered in a bin against the wall, very tasty. The majority of the diners were Thai, and believe me, there was a whole lotta chewing going on!! Oh, and by-the-way: Sukishi allows their customers 90 minutes to complete their sushi and suki experience; after that, there's an additional charge. We were done in about 45 minutes... because we were full! Anyway, it was just one lunch and life (and eating) goes on...

Last week, we were watching Pattaya TV, and saw and ad for the lunch promotion at HOT POT buffet restaurant on the ground floor at Tukkom on Pattaya Tai- 159 baht per person. Again, the fare was suki & sushi (with the addition of a salad bar). The next day, we did a combined trip into town to Tukkom, to buy some computer disks and have luch at HOT POT restaurant. We were the first customers of the day. Everything was clean as a whistle, the staff couldn't have been more pleasant, and no sushi train, no flying hands here. Re; the food, it was fine- very fresh and surely plentiful, with everything the other suki/suchi places had (again though, not many different sushi items). Good beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, squid, many vegetables, etc. The sauce was better than Sukishi, but still not quite up to par with the ever-popular MK. A nice surprise came when the smiling waitress stopped by and mentioned that there would be a 20% discount on the bill because it was Wednesday!! Sooooooo, there you go! Fresh, healthy food; all you can eat; 300 baht for two; and no time limit (for you big eaters) !! Ok, not a gourmet experience, but an accomplishment nonetheless!

Love to hear more about buffet restaurants in Pattaya... please keep 'em coming!!!

-Michael (away)

:D

PS & By-the-way: I can eat a fair amount, it's true. But I, personally, like buffets- not so much for the quantity, but for the variety!!