2001 Yamaha R1

mrt273nva

if the guy would turn his phone on that would be good! got a friend trying to call the number for the R1 all morning

also the other R1 being sold by Frank is in Khon Khen and can be arranged to view in Pattaya

hey dude, his phone is off because he's as dodgy as they come. this guy owes quite a few people registration books and documents from his previous shop. DODGY DODGY DODGY! i speak from personal experience. he stiffed me on the green book for a zx600rr i bought from him years ago. famous for selling bikes that were held together with spit and chewing gum. BTW i'm refering to the 1 being sold for 185k, not the 1st link posted :-)

Many, many . . . in fact a thousand thank-you's and I owe you a beer.

I was considering buying a 2003 XJR1300 from 'Frank' for 195,000 Baht. He also had a 2001 CBR929 up for 215,000 Baht. One ad shows it having 8,900kms another 14,000kms. This triggered a little suspicion.

Oh, regarding the bike thing, if you ever want to know what I look like just look for any farang driving a D-Max. I've given up with it, the value for money is so, so poor I think it really is pointless.

to clarify this one. Frank is not the bad man in this case, Frank is simply an agent for many people and Thai motorbike stores. Frank is representing the bad man and I have met Frank and he seems ok, typical salesman but ok and quite knowledgeable about bikes ect ect

dont hesitate in doing business with Frank (although he did vouch for the bad man selling the bike so that could say something) but YES beware of the R1 on baht and sold.. its being sold by a man with many enemies.

as for the original post on this forum, his phone is still off and so I suppose we cant really comment on this one until someone actually speaks with him or goes to see the bike. im all for going to see it and ringing him but first i need an address ..anyone??

HI

My God, do you say that people should still buy bikes from "Frank" even if he know there is no green book????, if he is an agent he shoud make sure everything is OK with the bike, i cant believe you say its not his fault, come on Man.

apparently there is a green book on this bike but as AnthonyR1 says he has been stiffed by this man on a green book before so who knows if its true. i didnt see the green book for this bike as once i found out the sellers name i wasnt interested anymore.

When i visited one of Franks stores he has a relationship with the bikes all have plates and they come with the correct green book with all import taxes paid ect ect.. not the dodgy one as most big bikes have

anyway...to answer the original question of this post "is it stolen. is it too cheap". from what i know about this prick you can count on it being stolen or a total piece of sh@t or it belongs to someone else and he's trying to flog it. a warning to everyone on this forum if you see his name pop up on anything to do with bike purchases....avoid it! this is 1st hand knowledge, no rumors or innuendo...a dodgy prick plain and simple. and finally i have new contact details for him :o

Just to make this clear.. Your talking about the seller of the bike in the OP ??

Or about the seller 'Frank' who has bikes on here, baht and sold, etc ?? Or are they one and the same ??

And while I fully believe you, and am not trying to knock the valuable advice.. Thailand is such a messed up market, and events happen well outside sellers control, that experiences can be really variable. For example I had 90% made a deal on a bike for rebuild and restoration, the bike is 100% legit bookwise, but when the seller went to pick it up to let me have a real close look for a couple of days, the bike had been impounded by the corrupt phuket customs officals you may have read about in other threads. Its not the sellers fault, but if the deal had happened already and the bike had been scooped up I would be the one fighting to not lose it !!

if the guy would turn his phone on that would be good! got a friend trying to call the number for the R1 all morning

also the other R1 being sold by Frank is in Khon Khen and can be arranged to view in Pattaya

hey dude, his phone is off because he's as dodgy as they come. this guy owes quite a few people registration books and documents from his previous shop. DODGY DODGY DODGY! i speak from personal experience. he stiffed me on the green book for a zx600rr i bought from him years ago. famous for selling bikes that were held together with spit and chewing gum. BTW i'm refering to the 1 being sold for 185k, not the 1st link posted :-)

I was considering buying a 2003 XJR1300 from 'Frank' for 195,000 Baht. He also had a 2001 CBR929 up for 215,000 Baht. One ad shows it having 8,900kms another 14,000kms. This triggered a little suspicion.

Oh, regarding the bike thing, if you ever want to know what I look like just look for any farang driving a D-Max. I've given up with it, the value for money is so, so poor I think it really is pointless.

to clarify this one. Frank is not the bad man in this case, Frank is simply an agent for many people and Thai motorbike stores. Frank is representing the bad man and I have met Frank and he seems ok, typical salesman but ok and quite knowledgeable about bikes ect ect

dont hesitate in doing business with Frank (although he did vouch for the bad man selling the bike so that could say something) but YES beware of the R1 on baht and sold.. its being sold by a man with many enemies.

as for the original post on this forum, his phone is still off and so I suppose we cant really comment on this one until someone actually speaks with him or goes to see the bike. im all for going to see it and ringing him but first i need an address ..anyone??

HI

My God, do you say that people should still buy bikes from "Frank" even if he know there is no green book????, if he is an agent he shoud make sure everything is OK with the bike, i cant believe you say its not his fault, come on Man.

Buying a bike without book is what it is.. its not risk free and theres no way I believe anything I am told.. That doesnt stop me buying if the price is right tho.

i suppose i should of been clear on that as well, i wasn't referring to frank and i wouldn't bad-mouth anyone i don't know.

anyone who has been in thailand for a while and involved in the motorcycle scene knows exactly who i'm referring to.

a good rule of thumb when purchasing a super bike capable of killing you if it's dodgy...is to either buy from a friend or friend of a friend, someone whereby you can accurately determine the bikes history OR from a reputable shop....in my opinion anyway.

MRT have a look in the Thai visa classifieds theres a 1999 one that has green book 185thou.

Anthony i was having a joke. you've met Trent so should know what i mean :o

Allan

let me clarify for you, this add cannot be reached and so we dont know how legit this bike is because we cant get into contact with them

http://www.mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=66857

this bike on baht and sold is being represented by Frank (who vouches for the bad man???) but the owner is another guy... the bad man who has diddled a bunch of people

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=36683

avoid the bike on baht and sold like a plague is what AnthonyR1 is trying to get across

hope this helps

this bike on baht and sold is being represented by Frank (who vouches for the bad man???) but the owner is another guy... the bad man who has diddled a bunch of people

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=36683

avoid the bike on baht and sold like a plague is what AnthonyR1 is trying to get across

hope this helps

There's a "Report Ad to Admin" function on Baht & Sold. Maybe worth trying.

Naked, is this him?

av-263.jpg