Help! Bangkok Bank -verifying A Debit Visa Card For Internet Use?

Dear all, i searched through previous posts but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. It should be straight forward. I need to use my Bangkok Bank debit card (be 1st) for the internet and need to get it verified before i can do that.

Here's the instructions...

Acquire the Reference Code via Bualuang phone

1) Dial Bualuang phone 1333 or 66-2645-5555

2) Press 7 for choosing Verified by Visa

3) Press 1 to create reference code for register Verified by Visa

4) Enter your Be 1st card number

5) Enter your Be 1st Personal Identification Number (PIN)

6) Create your own reference code (8 digits)

7) Confirm your reference code

It seems like Joey Deacon could do it but, Firstly i wasn't happy about number 5, entering my PIN for my debit card. I did it anyway. Sounded dodgy though, especially when the recorded message tells you never to reveal your PIN, and then they ask for it?

Secondly, number 6... Okay sounds easy enough, just create an 8 digit reference code, followed it the ?? sign. (The ?? sounds something like the £ (Pound Sign) but its unclear as the recorded voice in English isn't so good. I would expect it to be a # (Hash) sign or a * (Star) sign, as these are the only two symbols on my phone (Nokia 6300) i have. I tried them both (Star and Hash) twice but with no joy. I tried looking for a £ symbol in my phone but it times out after about 5 seconds and the message options start again

There's an option to press 0 and speak to a "Real" person, but it doesn't work, it just sends you back to the start of the process on an eternal loop,

SO MY MAIN QUESTION IS, WHAT IS THE SYMBOL I ENTER AFTER CREATING MY 8 DIGIT REFERENCE CODE. Am i just being an idiot here? Is it staring me in the face?

I have been into my BKK Bank branch to try and get this info but i get the usual looks like i have two heads and am "Farang Baa Mak Mak"

Any help on this one would be mega appreciated.

kindest Thanks in advance :o

Acquire the Reference Code via Bualuang phone

Any help on this one would be mega appreciated.

kindest Thanks in advance :o

I just tried to use the card on internet and had the whole procedure done on the Internetpages of Bangkokbank, to which I automatically had been redirected. My card is now registered (needs 24 hours after registration) but I am so confused about those PINs, TANs, References, Personal Codes, etc. I did not use it after that :-) .....

Edited by Aachen

Okay...

It seems that the debit visa card from Bangkok Bank MUST be a Be 1st card. My old one was a yellow one with the visa sign and my name on it. I just went to my branch and swapped it over with no hassles, although it cost B300.

I just verified it and it worked, using the "hash" key as Duncaw said it would. All being well it'll be working in a day or two. Hopefully i'll be able to link this card to PayPal now, as well as using it for internet purchases?

Thanks for all the help guys :o