Good Rides Around Bangkok

Zzinged

Since I don't really have any options regarding where I want to live, I may as well make the best of it. Unlike Chiang Mai I imagine it's harder to get out of Bangkok and find some nice curvaceous roads. I bet some of you have some favourite roads to blast down on Sunday though... anyone want to let out your secrets? :o

I will be interested to see if you get any good bites with this. Never really had a decent ride around the bkk area.....just traffic, crappy roads, dust and trucks. If someone comes up with something good, I'd be happy to be ur wing man, I just don't do speeds over 140k anymore....well er, not on this ride anyway! :o

Just take the 20 baht ferry to Ko Larn Island, then as soon as you get to the pier on the Pattaya side rent an Air Blade for 250 baht for the day or whatever other bike you choose and cruise the entire island, while taking in whatever beaches you wish. You will be away from the traffic and noise of Pattaya while enjoying terrific scenery. I can get off the ferry, pay for my rental and be off before the taxis are even loaded and on their way. It's that painless.

Just take the 20 baht ferry to Ko Larn Island, then as soon as you get to the pier on the Pattaya side rent an Air Blade for 250 baht for the day or whatever other bike you choose and cruise the entire island, while taking in whatever beaches you wish. You will be away from the traffic and noise of Pattaya while enjoying terrific scenery. I can get off the ferry, pay for my rental and be off before the taxis are even loaded and on their way. It's that painless.

Jack, jack, jack, you come in here and you start swearing at us.......please refrain from refering to an Air Blade as a motorcycle.....geeze :o

Ride Ramkamhaeng until it ends and hang a right on Suwintawong (Route 304). That is a great road and will quickly get you to Chacheogsao, and all destinations to the north and east of the Big Smoke. For example I can get to Khao Yai's brilliant roads in about an hour. Here's a part of the ride- it's really quite nice and usually devoid of traffic. Here's a piece of the itinerary:

BKKKhaoYai.jpg

Happy Trails

Ride Ramkamhaeng until it ends and hang a right on Suwintawong (Route 304). That is a great road and will quickly get you to Chacheogsao, and all destinations to the north and east of the Big Smoke. For example I can get to Khao Yai's brilliant roads in about an hour. Here's a part of the ride- it's really quite nice and usually devoid of traffic. Here's a piece of the itinerary:

Sounds good bloke...what time can I pick the ninja up?? Promise I will be kind :o

A good ride, blast down a road on sunday, traffic in Bangkok, you surely must be kidding :D:o

Well, 'around' Bangkok being a relative term :D As opposed to riding for 8 hours to get to a travel hub THEN going on a Sunday blast. BBB's suggestion looks pretty good! A nice road heading out of BKK and I can use my own bike :D Might have to investigate that one sometime!

Now if only we could take our bikes on highways and whatnot :D

Edited by Zzinged

why would you want to take ya bike on the <deleted> they call Highways. outside Bangkok there are actually not many roads that you can't use. and don't believe the <deleted> about not being allowed to overtake and having to keep out of the right hand lane. thats where i am all the time and on a Big bike never had a problem.

Allan

Since I don't really have any options regarding where I want to live, I may as well make the best of it. Unlike Chiang Mai I imagine it's harder to get out of Bangkok and find some nice curvaceous roads. I bet some of you have some favourite roads to blast down on Sunday though... anyone want to let out your secrets? :o

anyone interested in decent bkk rides PM me and we'll set something up. it's not chiang mai but there are some great destinations in bkk. gotta make the best of whats available :-) i love going out for a sunday blast to samut phrakan. usually do it alone but some company would be awesome :-)

why would you want to take ya bike on the <deleted> they call Highways. outside Bangkok there are actually not many roads that you can't use. and don't believe the <deleted> about not being allowed to overtake and having to keep out of the right hand lane. thats where i am all the time and on a Big bike never had a problem.

Allan

Getting out of BKK on a highway is much much faster than taking the frontage/low road. I'd rather the time be spent out on open roads then stuck behind a gazillion other cars/truck/elephants.

I'm taking a ride down Rama 3 Fri afternoon about 4ish. Up past Klong Toey to Sukhumvit. Left down to Chidlom, right up past World Trade and left to Pantip. It's called the 'Let's See If I Can Get The Bike To Overheat' ride.

Feel free to join. :o

ive done that stretch a load of times.. sure you need to even go that far to get overheated? id overheat as soon as i hit sukhumvit

I'm taking a ride down Rama 3 Fri afternoon about 4ish. Up past Klong Toey to Sukhumvit. Left down to Chidlom, right up past World Trade and left to Pantip. It's called the 'Let's See If I Can Get The Bike To Overheat' ride.

Feel free to join. :D

Don't YOU hurt that beautiful machine :o

there should be legislation that protects beautiful machinary!

I did it a few times on the air-cooled (ahem!) Monster. Got to 170 degrees before I reached Pantip.

Btw, I was only joking about the ride. I've learned my lesson.

If I buy an XJR I'll remember to keep a cooler of iced water strapped to the back then hmm?

The only problem I have.

Is getting back into BKK after a day ride. When you're tired, hot and sweaty. Having to fight with traffic and dodgy roads.

I used to do regular rides to Khao Yai.

To make the best of any rides. Reckon you need to leave BKK no later than 7am.

Ride it, like you stole it!!

Edited by Travelmate

speaking of Khao Yai i am heading into Khao Yai this weekend 20th if anyone wants to join. i will be bunking here for the night with a special lady friend of mine (and no i dont mean join in with my special lady friend)

http://www.hotelpalmtree.de/English-Rooms%20and%20Prices.htm

rooms are 1200 but i talked him down to 1000 baht if you like this style of hotel

anyway planning to do some of the roads in and around the national park to see what they are like, possibly a few quite drinks in the evening (anyone that knows me knows that quiet isnt really possible) and then some more riding Sunday morning before heading back to Bangkok Sunday evening.

speaking of Khao Yai i am heading into Khao Yai this weekend 20th if anyone wants to join. i will be bunking here for the night with a special lady friend of mine (and no i dont mean join in with my special lady friend)

rooms are 1200 but i talked him down to 1000 baht if you like this style of hotel

anyway planning to do some of the roads in and around the national park to see what they are like, possibly a few quite drinks in the evening (anyone that knows me knows that quiet isnt really possible) and then some more riding Sunday morning before heading back to Bangkok Sunday evening.

Surely you mean "Special ladyboy friend". Is he riding bitch? :o

Surely you mean "Special ladyboy friend". Is he riding bitch? :o

he will ride anyway i tell him :D

Edited by nakedAIR1300

BBB- i guess that 304 is what i took part-way to Bang Saen? (went thru Chacheogsao rather than Bangna-trat Road)- if so, you're right, it wasnt a bad way to go....

Now- anyone know a decent route to Ayuthaya? (leaving from victory monument area) The GF wants to go up for a day- NOT looking forward to the "Ayuthaya highway"....

Edited by Netfan

There is a back route from Future Park Rangsit to Bang Sai (Royally sponsored arts center --- on the Chao Phraya) Then on to Bang Paa In -- from there I THINK I remember a route to Ayutthya but am not sure.

I have done those driving and not riding ... so ..

There is a back route from Future Park Rangsit to Bang Sai (Royally sponsored arts center --- on the Chao Phraya) Then on to Bang Paa In -- from there I THINK I remember a route to Ayutthya but am not sure.

I have done those driving and not riding ... so ..

Excellent. Thanks, On to google earth....