Good Rides Around Bangkok

Zzinged

Since I don't really have any options regarding where I want to live, I may as well make the best of it. Unlike Chiang Mai I imagine it's harder to get out of Bangkok and find some nice curvaceous roads. I bet some of you have some favourite roads to blast down on Sunday though... anyone want to let out your secrets? :o

anyone interested in decent bkk rides PM me and we'll set something up. it's not chiang mai but there are some great destinations in bkk. gotta make the best of whats available :-) i love going out for a sunday blast to samut phrakan. usually do it alone but some company would be awesome :-)

Hi Anthony. If you come out this way ( Samut Prakarn ) on a Sunday pm me and i will keep you company.

Jan

Since I don't really have any options regarding where I want to live, I may as well make the best of it. Unlike Chiang Mai I imagine it's harder to get out of Bangkok and find some nice curvaceous roads. I bet some of you have some favourite roads to blast down on Sunday though... anyone want to let out your secrets? :o

anyone interested in decent bkk rides PM me and we'll set something up. it's not chiang mai but there are some great destinations in bkk. gotta make the best of whats available :-) i love going out for a sunday blast to samut phrakan. usually do it alone but some company would be awesome :-)

Hi Anthony. If you come out this way ( Samut Prakarn ) on a Sunday pm me and i will keep you company.

Jan

cool! i won't be out this weekend....work! but next sunday i'll be out for a run. hey travelmate you coming?

Jan

cool! i won't be out this weekend....work! but next sunday i'll be out for a run. hey travelmate you coming?

Hi Anthony, next Sunday i will on my way to Surin( on the bike ) so i cant make it. What about Sunday the 4th of January?

Jan

Hi Anthony, next Sunday i will on my way to Surin( on the bike ) so i cant make it. What about Sunday the 4th of January?

sounds ok to me. last day before returning to work, will be cool to get a short ride in.

Since I don't really have any options regarding where I want to live, I may as well make the best of it. Unlike Chiang Mai I imagine it's harder to get out of Bangkok and find some nice curvaceous roads. I bet some of you have some favourite roads to blast down on Sunday though... anyone want to let out your secrets? :D

Jan

Not sure have to PM me closer to the date. Having a technicality at the moment which is preventing me from riding my beast. :o

Since I don't really have any options regarding where I want to live, I may as well make the best of it. Unlike Chiang Mai I imagine it's harder to get out of Bangkok and find some nice curvaceous roads. I bet some of you have some favourite roads to blast down on Sunday though... anyone want to let out your secrets? :D

Jan

Not sure have to PM me closer to the date. Having a technicality at the moment which is preventing me from riding my beast. :o

hemorrhoids? :-)

Jan

sounds ok to me. last day before returning to work, will be cool to get a short ride in.

Sounds good to me. My number is 085-9630573. I will be back from Surin 31st.

Jan

Not sure have to PM me closer to the date. Having a technicality at the moment which is preventing me from riding my beast. :D

hemorrhoids? :-)

:o Ya it's a personal technicality. :D

Set off not too early. Went out Ramkamhaeng Road & followed the signs to Chachoengsao on the 304.

Turn left on 3481 because my destination is Prachin Buri. So follow the signs to Ban Nam Prieo.

I hate a Thai 4 lane so getting on a nice 2 lane with wide shoulders is the reason I am going there.

We hit Prachin Buri at 1 pm. Fuel up & get some lunch. Prachin Buri is large enough to rate it's own Big C. Take 320 North to the park. I got in for 40 baht by showing my Thai dr lisc. We saw plenty of big bikes.

Drove to the visitors center for iced coffee etc. Then we took the road past the T junction till the end. Time to head home. I'm getting really comfortable on the V-Max. It handles beautifully. Sit well forward for fast corners just like the CB400.

Great day trip. Our asses were sore when we got home. Hit Bun Wa Pee for some excellent grub. Sleep 12 hours

post-8282-1229931455_thumb.jpg

post-8282-1229931554_thumb.jpg

post-8282-1229931564_thumb.jpg

post-8282-1229931577_thumb.jpg

post-8282-1229931610_thumb.jpg

Set off not too early. Went out Ramkamhaeng Road & followed the signs to Chachoengsao on the 304.

Turn left on 3481 because my destination is Prachin Buri. So follow the signs to Ban Nam Prieo.

I hate a Thai 4 lane so getting on a nice 2 lane with wide shoulders is the reason I am going there.

We hit Prachin Buri at 1 pm. Fuel up & get some lunch. Prachin Buri is large enough to rate it's own Big C. Take 320 North to the park. I got in for 40 baht by showing my Thai dr lisc. We saw plenty of big bikes.

Drove to the visitors center for iced coffee etc. Then we took the road past the T junction till the end. Time to head home. I'm getting really comfortable on the V-Max. It handles beautifully. Sit well forward for fast corners just like the CB400.

Great day trip. Our asses were sore when we got home. Hit Bun Wa Pee for some excellent grub. Sleep 12 hours

nice lil report :-) sounds like a good day of riding

I was also at Khao Yai for the weekend rounding up elephants and deer on my T Rex. Very cold at night there, dont recommend camping!

Also my 'special lady friend' says she knew a nice way to get to Khai Yai and ended up at the toll way heading to Bang Pa In.... note to self.. dont take directions off anyone - follow the road map in future. Lucky i didnt get a fine.

Am off to Koh Chang 24th untuil 28th.. anyone else in the neighbourhood, if theres something interesting going on i will come back to the mainland early to ride.

Mark it in your calendars, January 4th - Track Day at BIRA. More details to follow closer to the date.

Edited by nakedAIR1300

Ride Ramkamhaeng until it ends and hang a right on Suwintawong (Route 304). That is a great road and will quickly get you to Chacheogsao, and all destinations to the north and east of the Big Smoke. For example I can get to Khao Yai's brilliant roads in about an hour. Here's a part of the ride- it's really quite nice and usually devoid of traffic. Here's a piece of the itinerary:

BKKKhaoYai.jpg

Happy Trails

Nice one! Thanks for the route!

Try this one near where I live.

It's not exactly...er...legit though, as it involves using parts of the expressway system where toll-booths have yet to be built but bikes are seen on there quite regularly. I use the first and second parts when riding into town and the third part when returning from the south.

Some very high speeds can be reached, especially on the third part.

The first section- (a) Beginning on Rama III, turn onto Saphan Wong Wan (the new bridge) and continue over the river. Take the first exit left to Suksawat (:o.

The second section- © Keep left and turn onto Suksawat Road and go all the way down past the expressway bridge. Some traffic here.

The third section- (d) Do a u-turn and quick left to get onto a 10klm long stretch of elevated expressway (Southern Outer Ring Road) all the way out past Rama II to Bang Bon (e).

High-risk ride though (but you won't be the only biker on there) and toll-booths may have been built on the third section since my last visit in October but worth a try for the daredevils among us.

riderama3.gif

Edited by RusticCharm

If you haven't been around that track, you haven't lived. I have to admit that after riding it on several differnet size bikes, the smaller the better. I haven't yet had chance to get a KSR round there, but I just know that'd be the <deleted>!

Sorry if this comment has hijacked your thread.

Who says you can't drive on the elevated motorway on a motorcycle? See post 47 for the ride we did.

Rustic Charm & I had a New Years Eve Day ride.

Ended up out by Samut Sakon on the 35 Highway. It was a blast. Traffic was very light (Bangkok non-existant).

Stopped for coffe & cold water. Sweet bike btw.

Happy New Year Everyone.

post-8282-1230718398_thumb.jpg

post-8282-1230718551_thumb.jpg

post-8282-1230718569_thumb.jpg

Edited by dotcom

Yeah. Did you see the look on that motorcycle cop's face with his Boxer on Rama II (on the look out for bikes not using the frontage road) as we flew by? :D

And that police car we overtook on the elevated expressway to Suksawat? For a second, I though they were going to turn on the sirens and give chase. Should've flipped them the bird but I wasn't taking my hand from the bars at those speeds.

My bike felt a bit rough on the return leg. A bit of a strange vibration in higher gears around 6k revs. I don't think 91 gas really does the job.

Anyway, I hope it was the gas but I'll take it in to the dealers next weekend just to be safe.

Just to let people know that Dirt Shop on OrNut has now moved to the other side of the road (even numbered sois, just after 76 I think), a few hundred yards closer to the Pattanakarn Intersection. Not open yet but should be after the holidays.

The sale at Paddock seems to be over. From what I could see, a lot of their stuff is junk. The quality gear carries a HUGE premium. Some very nice 500$US AlpineStars leather jackets going for 40,000 Thai Baht! Nice little mark-up there. Dirt shop is pricey but not to this extreme. Just hope they carry more stock in future.

Btw, that VMax is a beast. :o

Edited by RusticCharm

Rustic. Best I saw on my speedo was 180 kph but I know the speedo is correct cuz on my trip to Khao Yai I calibrated it against the mile markers.

Yeah those cops were tooling along in the slow lane. We could have left them in the dust with a flick of the wrist.

My relationship with Thai cops is excellent.

After a small chat they usually just want to admire the bikes.

Thanks for good afternoon of fun.

The beast does 80 kph in first, 120 in second (It's a 5 speed trans). God alone knows what it's top speed is. I won't be finding out. 240 should be possible.

• 2 weeks later...