Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dropped by Miltyons in Pattaya today to check out the ER-6N. This is what I got soince I don't speak Thai.

The 225k baht price includes tax.

Registration including all the paperwork and number plates was 3,300 baht. I asked salesman why so much and he told me that Pattaya has different registration rates than BKK.

First class insurance is 8420 baht.

JJ

Hola! what I paid for mine was 225k for the bike.

Registration 925B

Third party Insurance 645B

Full insurance, one year with Lockton 7,520B

So what I think confuses people is that they beside Lockton insurance also offer Siam City Insurance for almost the double price, even though they both cover basically the same things.

Both those insurances are offered on Ninja/D-Tracker/ER etc. What I see as the difference is that Lockton is new and Siam already is established and therefor can charge this premium prices. However Kawasaki said Lockton is good to deal with if one have any problems.

So I don't see any reason to go with Siam City Insurance.

Are they padding your bill with 900B on the insurance? Don't see how it can be more then 3 times more expensive to register your bike in Pattaya.....

Good luck though!

/12Gon

Tony i think the 13,000 was if ya got it on finance. but yes that's what is Hand written on the price list i have. weird i know.Allan

Hi Allan!

No it has nothing to do with finance or not. It is Lockton Insurance v/s Siam City Insurance.

Siam 13,000b

Lockton 7,520b

/12Gon

It would be interesting to hear from some of the other Pattaya ER-6N buyers too see what they paid for registration and insurance from the kawi dealer. Getting bent over a little in Thailand is the norm.

JJ

Not sure I agree with your statement that "Getting bent over a little in Thailand is the norm". You always have the choice to walk away if you think you're getting a raw deal.

Anyway- if you deal with Kawasaki's Bangkok showroom you'll get the straight up deal. I paid same as 12Gon:

225k for the bike.

Registration 925B

Required Third party Insurance 645B

Optional Full insurance, one year with Lockton 7,520B

Happy Trails!

Tony

No it has nothing to do with finance or not. It is Lockton Insurance v/s Siam City Insurance.

Siam 13,000b

Lockton 7,520b

Just dug out my insurance policies, they are almost identical for the Ninja and ER6N.

7,520 Baht through Falcon Insurance

The difference is that the Ninja is insured 120,000 Baht and the ER6N for 180,000 Baht under the "own damage coverage" section.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

Siam 13,000b

Lockton 7,520b

Just dug out my insurance policies, they are almost identical for the Ninja and ER6N.

7,520 Baht through Falcon Insurance

The difference is that the Ninja is insured 120,000 Baht and the ER6N for 180,000 Baht under the "own damage coverage" section.

Lockton and Falcon is in the same company group, (think Lockton owns Falcon) in other words it is the same insurance we talk about, and the reason that they cover 120k for ninja and 180k for ER6 is that it covers up to 80% of the purchase value on both machines.

/12Gon

Hi Guys,

I've been to the phuket dealer to have a chat.

Have to order and next delivery would be in 3 weeks time...

He did call me back yesterday and told me he had to already booked bikes in the shop, so I went to have a look.

One black and one orange. The orange did look a lot better in real life a really nice burnt colour...

But the bike is a lot smaller than I expected. Felt quite small to sit on. Which might be good for smaller riders, but even a cb400 feels more proper between you legs...

I'm still strongly consider getting one though. The narrow bar might be perfect for cutting through traffic lanes...

But financing had quite a high rate. He told me 50,000 in total or something.

But one thing I didn't understand, he said if I pay 50% of the bike in downpayment, I wouldn't have to pay any extra. just a monthly 4,500?!

If someone could clarify this, I'd be very gratefull.

Happy riding guys!

rooster

But one thing I didn't understand, he said if I pay 50% of the bike in downpayment, I wouldn't have to pay any extra. just a monthly 4,500?!

Wow, if this is the case I might get mine earlier!

:o

Are you sure?

Put 50% deposit down and the just 4500 Baht per month???????? :D

Hope so.

Let the good times roll!!!!!

Paying the registration at 3300baht is a hel_l of a jump from 925baht. Is someone in the Patters dealership having trouble with their calculator?

Could be, come on BigGuns how much did you pay?

Let the good times roll.

NormanW

Paying the registration at 3300baht is a hel_l of a jump from 925baht. Is someone in the Patters dealership having trouble with their calculator?

I want to register mine in Rayong, I ilike the Thai font better than the Chonburi/Pattaya one.

Maybe cheaper?

I don't know :o

Tony i think the 13,000 was if ya got it on finance. but yes that's what is Hand written on the price list i have. weird i know.Allan

Hi Allan!

Siam 13,000b

Lockton 7,520b

/12Gon

Maybe Siam has a smaller deductible? I have a Falcon 1st class for my D-Tracker that cost just over BHT 7000 and covers "everything". The one catch is that the deductible is BHT 5000, and given that the Thai-made parts for the D-Tracker are dirt cheap, 5000 BHT goes a very long way on this bike. Replacing all the fairings on the right hand side plus some signals etc cost me BHT 2,500... not that I am complaining but this setup makes it pretty unlikely the insurance ever has to pay out anything unless the bike gets stolen or in a really bad crash.

My ER-6n came in today at Pattaya Kawi Big Bikes. They told me when I ordered it would be 10 days but it arrived in 8 days. Pick it up in the morning Yeeeee-Hawwwww.

Is there anyplace in the Pattaya area that carries quality riding gear such as flip face (modular) helmets, boots, and mesh riding jackets/pants?

JJ

Anybody found a decent windscreen for the ER6N?

Don't know, 12DrinkMore the forum has been a bit quiet lately.

Maybe everyone is out riding their bikes and letting the good times roll? :o

NormanW

Don't know, 12DrinkMore the forum has been a bit quiet lately.

Maybe everyone is out riding their bikes and letting the good times roll? :o

As indeed so have I. But the experience would be considerably enhanced if the wind and insects could be deflected up a little bit, especially at speeds above 130 kms/hour.

Hi Guys,

I've been to the phuket dealer to have a chat.

Have to order and next delivery would be in 3 weeks time...

He did call me back yesterday and told me he had to already booked bikes in the shop, so I went to have a look.

One black and one orange. The orange did look a lot better in real life a really nice burnt colour...

But the bike is a lot smaller than I expected. Felt quite small to sit on. Which might be good for smaller riders, but even a cb400 feels more proper between you legs...

I'm still strongly consider getting one though. The narrow bar might be perfect for cutting through traffic lanes...

But financing had quite a high rate. He told me 50,000 in total or something.

If someone could clarify this, I'd be very gratefull.

Happy riding guys!

rooster

Just slid by a minute ago.. 75 down.. 6k per month 36 months..

I too am sure the phuket guy had told me a price monthly under 5 before..