Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Bike test

WoW! Must have been done with a white bike in a snowstorm? All I can see is a white rectangle.

Yeh sorry about that, I couldnt get the embedding thingy to work, will try again soon when i get the time.

Work comes firstI'm afraid.

Weekend coming hehe

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 2004 Kawasaki 636 Ninja and would think about getting one of the new 650's mentioned. do they do trade in's? I would imagine I would get killed by thais on that deal. What is my bike worth, you never know, I like it but maybe a new one would be nice

Yes you're not allowed to drive without plates after 18:00

Cheers Bard

Yes Bard, thats what they told me...but because I ordered a special plate (DIC HEAD ME) I was waiting for about 3 weeks, so I came up with a new plan....basically I just stopped stopping for the BIB, they new who I was but never came to visit >>>> they must have read the warnings on their database about me >>>> :o:D MAJOR :D:D

I lucked out with my CBR and sonic, but well done for stickin' it to the man.

The Er6n is a dooky little bike but not really my style and the lack of a decent screeen to tuck in behind puts me right off.

I've seen its performance first hand though with BBBK ripping it to the limit and railing to the bone around mountain roads and it punches beyond me on my CBR.

That said I'll stick to my CBR groove. :D

WOOT!

Went for a blast with the Thai Ninja Hatori Gang this weekend and man have they tricked out their ER6n's! Almost all of this kit is Thai made too! Check it out:

0314ER6nBarEnds.JPG

Custom bar ends and fold down mirror

0314ER6nCF.JPG

Carbon Fiber Fender and Signal Fairings plus Steel Brake Lines

0314ER6nCF1.JPG

Carbon Fiber Tire Hugger/Chain Guard. Swing Arm Spool/Slider.

0314ER6nCF2.JPG

Carbon Fiber Instrument Cover. Acerbis Bar and guards, custom mirrors.

0314ER6nSliderLft.JPG

Frame Slider Left

0314ER6nSliderRt.JPG

Frame Slider Right

0314ER6nTailMod.jpg

View from the top:

0314ER6nSpoiler.jpg

0314ER6nTwoBros.JPG

Two Brothers Slip On (Sounds AWESOME, cuts a lot of weight and good midrange boost- Mine will be here in 8 days!!!) :o

0314KawasakiBikes1.JPG

Let the Good Times Roll!

Wow!

Thanks alot for the pics!

Some great mods. I guess they've been importing all this stuff...

*reread post* Are these mods really thai made?! The carbon fiber?! If so, I'm seriously impressed!

That red isn't the original burned orange is it?!

Man, I'm getting one of these next month...

dam_n Tony is that the funky i-phone playing up again :o . it really brightens up reds or should i say orange. good mods though. carbon fiber is big here in Thailand the real thing and printed carbon. they print over plastic or what not looks real until you get close and touch it. Allan

Yeah they do printed carbon effect down here.. Had a look at it and the quality is OK (no wrinkles etc) but I would rather work with paints than have 'faux' carbon !!

Yup. Real carbon fiber is something else, but it's expensive. Faux carbon fiber is pretty silly if you ask me. You can see the difference too if you look close, the versions I saw just had this 3D checkerboard pattern on them that looks like carbon fiber threads from a distance.

The carbon fiber is all real and locally produced. Thailand manufactures tons of automotive, marine, and other carbon fiber for export. Once the molds are made it's really not such a complicated process. All the other kit was also locally produced except of course for the Two Bros exhaust which is still made in the USA.

As soon as I get contact info for the manufacturers/distributors I'll be happy to share that info here.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi All!

I'm going to buy the engine sliders, frame sliders and swing arm spools/sliders pictured above and I think I might be able to get them wholesale if I can get some other ER6n owners to order at the same time.

Here are the retail prices I was quoted-

engine sliders 2300 Baht

frame sliders 1650 Baht

swing arm spools/sliders 950 Baht

bar ends 950 Baht

So- anyone interested? Please let me know and let's pimp our rides. :o

Happy Trails!

Tony

I just ordered frame sliders and swingarm spools for my ride..

If anyone finds fork sliders that fit on the axle for hondas let me know.. Thats wanted.

Have you tried SIAM MACHINE AND PARTS CO., MOTH Racing or 517 SuperBike? All Thai based and have tons of kit for the CBR and other big bikes, though not sure if they carry anything that will fit one as old as yours...

Try these links: http://club517supersport.makewebeasy.com/home_EN.html

http://www.club517superbike.com/

Happy Trails!

Tony

So Tony, these flush mounted turn signals look great, where do these guys plan to mount their number plates? :o

Heh heh, well, Tim, let's just say the owner of that particular bike has no need for a license plate, if ya know what I mean... TiT! :D

Tony,

If you are going to be ordering up some bling, count me in the the engine sliders, frame sliders, and the swing arm spools/sliders.

Haven't been able to find a windscreen yet but contacted Givi and they said they will have one out for the 09 ER-6N in the late spring.

Jim

So Tony, these flush mounted turn signals look great, where do these guys plan to mount their number plates? :o

Heh heh, well, Tim, let's just say the owner of that particular bike has no need for a license plate, if ya know what I mean... TiT! :D

nudge nudge wink wink, say no more!

whadda bout u ole chap? how u mounting ur plate?

Tony,

If you are going to be ordering up some bling, count me in the the engine sliders, frame sliders, and the swing arm spools/sliders.

Haven't been able to find a windscreen yet but contacted Givi and they said they will have one out for the 09 ER-6N in the late spring.

Jim

Hiya Jim!

You got it man- that's already about 12 firm orders! I think I should definitely be able to negotiate some kind of wholesale discount for our order.

I've seen the screen that Givi made for the 2009 ER6n and I have to say it's pretty hideous:

2009ER6nGiviScreen.jpg

Puig has some screens that are a little better, but not much...

PuigScreenER6n.jpg

Anyway, please PM me your contact information so that I can add you to the ER6n list and I'll email everyone after the meeting on Monday to let you know the final prices on the sliders and other kit.

Happy Trails!

Tony

nudge nudge wink wink, say no more!

whadda bout u ole chap? how u mounting ur plate?

Simple and neat; about 15 minutes of labor and total cost for 2 aluminum brackets and anodized bolts came out to about 50 Baht :D

0309ER6Sm.jpg

^yeah does look neater than the original plastic nightmare.

you wont be able to see your flush mounted turn indicators tho.

really sucks having to display a number plate.

in some countries they are considering front mounted number plates for bikes like in the good old days.....wouldnt that look nice at the front of your machine :o

in some countries they are considering front mounted number plates for bikes like in the good old days.....wouldnt that look nice at the front of your machine :o

I'm thinking about installing flush mount LED turn signals on the side fenders. Would have to drill a couple of holes but should look alright. Another option is an aftermarket tail light with built in signals. Ya ever see one of those? They look pretty cool.

I rather like the way they display the the front plates on bikes in Singapore. Thank goodness we don't have to deal with that kind of nonsense here in Thailand :D

I'm thinking about installing flush mount LED turn signals on the side fenders. Would have to drill a couple of holes but should look alright. Another option is an aftermarket tail light with built in signals. Ya ever see one of those? They look pretty cool.

I rather like the way they display the the front plates on bikes in Singapore. Thank goodness we don't have to deal with that kind of nonsense here in Thailand :D

I would be very leary of doing any non reversable mods due to the current attitude of my DMV (says the man whose ripped off his fairings and is making a bike that will be barely recognisable as its source).. Then again yours is a newie and you probably have resale in mind.

In your case you could easy fab two L brackets behind the plate (from the plate hanger mount) that let a pair of led indicators just poke the heads and not the stalks out of the sides of the plate top. Would look tidy, be reversable, and cheap and easy to do.

I would be very leary of doing any non reversable mods due to the current attitude of my DMV (says the man whose ripped off his fairings and is making a bike that will be barely recognisable as its source).. Then again yours is a newie and you probably have resale in mind.

In your case you could easy fab two L brackets behind the plate (from the plate hanger mount) that let a pair of led indicators just poke the heads and not the stalks out of the sides of the plate top. Would look tidy, be reversable, and cheap and easy to do.

Cheers LivinLOS- I do know where you're coming from and that's why I've already ordered new fenders from Kawaaki. The parts for the ER6n are amazingly cheap (about 700 Baht per fender) and readily available from the factory in Rayong, so I'll have my "custom" fenders with flush mount signals, but I also keep all of the original bits so that I can return the bike to stock form if needed.

Having said that, when I sold my Ninja 250R in Chiang Mai they didn't care at all about the fender and signal mods I'd done to the bike. Seems to me that Phuket just has a bee up their butt and is giving everyone a hard time.

Good luck with that and Happy Trails!

Hey All!

For those of you eagerly awaiting the ER6f I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that it sounds like Kawasaki will offer the ER6f with ABS :o

The bad news is that due to insatiable demand and limited production capacity, the Thai release of the ER6f has again been pushed back... :D They're now aiming for a November release date, are planning to offer ABS, and price with ABS will be "under 300,000 Baht" according to sources at Kawasaki.

I'm bummed by the delay, but try to look at the positive side- November would be a really nice time to get a new bike- end of the rainy season and the start of the best weather of the year for riding. Can't wait!!! :D

Happy Trails!

Tony