Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

For the first time yesterday I had water in the petrol tank.mad.gif

What a bummer, so I ran it on tick-over for over an hour and half way through my ride back home it got better again.whistling.gif

Phew, I was thinking all sorts blink.gif

PTT petrol station on Sukhumvit.bah.gif

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a bummer, so I ran it on tick-over for over an hour and half way through my ride back home it got better again.whistling.gif

water in petrol or diesel remains in top of the tank, so as long as tank is more than half full it doesnt get to the fuel pump

next time you just drain half the tank with a hose from the upper half, and water is gone without hurting pump and injection:)

water in petrol or diesel remains in top of the tank, so as long as tank is more than half full it doesnt get to the fuel pump

next time you just drain half the tank with a hose from the upper half, and water is gone without hurting pump and injection:)

Erm other way round no ?? Water is more dense than petrol and sinks to the bottom ??

Hence why fuel taps dont take the tank dry, or drain from the bottom... so some water can sit at the bottom of the tank and not get pulled into the fuel system ??

I was sure water sank anyway..

Erm other way round no ?? Water is more dense than petrol and sinks to the bottom ??

Hence why fuel taps dont take the tank dry, or drain from the bottom... so some water can sit at the bottom of the tank and not get pulled into the fuel system ??

I was sure water sank anyway..

Yes it started just after I filled up.

Going back to the good stuff from Shell from now on.cool.gif

Sorry beachbum..is impossible for water to float on top of anything else , esp fuels.

Always goes to the bottom because water is heaviest...old talk ....water is about 10lbs per gallon

Petrol is about 7 lbs per gallon

Diesal maybe 8 lbs per gallon

Cant beat physics ... fuels always float on top of water.

Sorry guys, havent drained a tank in a decade:rolleyes:

Water is more heavy than petrol or diesel (fuel approx 85% of waters weight), and goes to the bottom, so draining is done with a hose from the BOTTOM of the tank until only fuel comes out. Be aware many MC have tank separeted in center providing slow flow between the halves, so draining boths sides from the bottom is good.

I am from Malaysia, just join this forum. I intend to take my holiday in Krabi for 3 days. Anyone from his forum can tell me where can I find accessories of /spareparts shops of Kawasaki er6n near this area.Your help is most welcome.

Woohoo! Some of the new Carbon Fiber I've been working on is finally ready! biggrin.gif

Check it out-

Brand new Carbon Fiber Signal Shroud / Radiator Covers (left and right) for the 2009-2010 Kawasaki ER-6n:

ER6nCFShroudLft2SmSSR.jpg

Left side above, right side below:

ER6nCFShroudRtSSR.jpg

• Will fit 2009 and 2010 Kawasaki ER6n
  • Exceptional quality- 1 year warranty!
  • No drilling or cutting required.
  • Easy to fit- replaces EOM part using original hardware.

ER6nCFShroudLftSmSSR.jpg

Carbon Fiber Tail Piece:

ER6nCFTail1SmSSR.jpg

• Will fit 2009 and 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, ER6n and ER6f

Combine with a Carbon Fiber Seat Cowl (coming soon!) for a very cool look:

ER6CFSeatCowl4.JPGER6CFSeatCowl3.JPG

Tire Hugger / Chain Guard! This one is awesome!

ER6nCFHugger5SmSSR.jpg

ER6nCFHugger1.JPG

ER6nCFHugger7SmSSR.jpg

Carbon Fiber Frame Covers- Too cool! cool.gif

ER6nCFCoverSSR.jpg

Right side above, left side below:

ER6nCFCover2SSR.jpg

ER6nCFCover4SmSSR.jpg

Carbon Fiber Front Fender:

ER6nCFFrontFender4SmSSR.jpg

ER6nCFFrontFender1SmSSR.jpg

Looking for other Carbon Fiber or Kawasaki EOM parts for your Ninja 650R, ER-6f or ER-6n? Let me know and I'll be happy to list them on eBay for you!

ER6nCFFrontFender2SmSSR.jpg

Whaddya think???

I'm going to install some of these parts on my Ninja 650R tomorrow and will post pics as soon as I can.

Ride On!

Tony

Well dammed good parts you have, can I order this items from you .......... through ebay . I supposed.

Edited by Ferno

I am from Malaysia, just join this forum. I intend to take my holiday in Krabi for 3 days. Anyone from his forum can tell me where can I find accessories of /spareparts shops of Kawasaki er6n near this area.Your help is most welcome.

There is a kawasaki dealer in Phuket, 250km from Krabi. Parts are ordered from kwaker BKK and takes one or two days to dealer. I suggest you let us on the forum know what you need, and I or someone else can arrange to have it ordered before you arrive Krabi to make sure you get it within your 3 days visit.:)

There is a kawasaki dealer in Phuket, 250km from Krabi. Parts are ordered from kwaker BKK and takes one or two days to dealer. I suggest you let us on the forum know what you need, and I or someone else can arrange to have it ordered before you arrive Krabi to make sure you get it within your 3 days visit.:)

TQ for your kind attention,... very much appreciated. I will be leaving for Krabi on the 16th October. TQ very much to all of you. From my experience, I know that Thailanders are very friendly.

hi

does anyone know, if there is any used er6n for sale?? perfect would be a white one :-)

thanks

alex

A couple in Kawasaki Mitiyon Pattaya on the Sukhumvit road, but not top quality.

I noticed the other day when I went to have a look at some clothing - they have lots more stuff in there now.

However, the tyre huggers etc are still well over priced.

Tony is the man for those bits and pieces.

Waiting for my bonus Tony, then I'll call yer OK?

NormanWwink.gif

Hi there is a Kawasaki dealer in Krabi town tehy have some stuff for the big bikes but it is very limited but they can probably order some stuff for you but will take 3 or 4 days for them to get it in. The other options are Phuket or Surat Thani which are both about a 2 HR ride away.

hi,

i am looking for an exhaust for an er6n 2010,

can anyone here get an leovince gp exhaust??

perhaps i need an powercommander too.

if anyone can get those things, please send me a message with prices, thanks

alex

There's no denying the ER6N is a good un, whether standard or race modified. A couple of Sundays ago I was riding the twisties and had great delight passing all the slow old Hardleys. Then a R1 and a Er6N blasted past me.....like I was on a Hardley! My smile disappeared. Oh well, could have been worse, it could have been a Honda CT110!

post-63954-026471400 1286513022_thumb.pn

hi,

i am looking for an exhaust for an er6n 2010,

can anyone here get an leovince gp exhaust??

perhaps i need an powercommander too.

if anyone can get those things, please send me a message with prices, thanks

alex

What's your location? I've got Aluminum and Carbon Fiber TWO BROS cans, sport bars and PCV available. Minburi, Bangkok. Ride On! Tony

Anyone know if there are any offers on regarding leathers?unsure.gif

I'm in Pattaya - not much choice here.annoyed.gif

Black or slime green and black.whistling.gif

Boots as well?whistling.gif

I prefer Alpinestars. jap.gif

Too much to ask for here or will I have to get a mate to bring some over providing I know my size?sad.gif

Thanks in advance guys.jap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gif

Keep those good times rolling.

Edited by NormanW

The metallic flat sage green now available in Europe is nice.

http://www.kawasaki.eu/ER-6n

Yeah it's nice... but... what is this?? A Kawasaki touring wind screen for the ER-6n! Pic from the UK site, with price.

post-20814-030219600 1286714895_thumb.jp

A question for you guys: Today when I stopped my bike after some 2 hours of inspired riding - CM-Pai - I suddenly heard a slurping sound, like lots of water going somewhere. Checked with flashlight, no smell, no liquids coming out anywhere, the bike is clean as new. Sound came from the radiator area and lasted maybe 1 minute or a bit less. Is that normal? Worrying? Just wondering, never heard that before.