Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Maximus and welcome to the thread.

Tyres - I would put on Pirelli Rosso 2s - the best place to fit those is in BKK at Showpow. Will post some pics.

Just been down to BP Racing where there are 4 er6ns getting some work done from fitting alarms to fitting race sets.

Most parts for your bike can be ordered through BP Racing, AP Shop BKK or online through the Kawasaki websites although you may need to be able to read Thai.

I'm going back down to BP Racing in an hour. If you want to meet there I'll be there smile.png

As for a service, only Kawasaki have the usb connector to plug into your port under your seat to diagnose and test stuff. Otherwise I would do most jobs yourself or get them done at BP Racing? There's not a lot going on in the way of servicing for these bikes apart from the usual stuff big bikes need. Oil, filters etc.

That rear tyre is too big for the 2009 swingarm. I once had a 170 on my 2010 er6n and that was enough.

From 2012 Kawasaki enlarged the swingarm to take a 190 Z1000/ZX10 wheel and tyre. This can be bought through BP Racing for about 20k all in I think. Depending on the tyre you want.

As I say, Pirelli are a sound choice.

See you soon

Norman

Hey found BP racing and they seem helpful got a few small items but no mirrors that are suitable

BTW they are across from Siam Bayshore not siam bayview just in case others are looking

Any one have original mirrors for sale as they would be way better than what i have

BP racing offered to get some pricing for tyres so i will await there phone call

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

They have been claiming that for just over a year now.

I'm sure that the bike had a power commander and obviously a lengthy tune.

7.5bhp is a bit optimistic for an ER6, even a full system, i'd like to see an independent dyno test with this exhaust system.

Two Brothers are the only company claiming such high gains....

7.5bhp is a bit optimistic for an ER6, even a full system, i'd like to see an independent dyno test with this exhaust system.

Yeah I was thinking the same which is why I said nice numbers :)

These days I hardly see more than 3 or 4hp with exhaust system change outs.

Not like the good old days where the stock exhaust was so bad you get a big bump with a re-jet, intake filter & pipe change :)

10-11% more HP from an exhaust change sounds a bit much ,i would also like to see it tested by someone else who isnt selling it :)

OK here are the provisional timings for the 'Pattaya Crew' leaving for the 2013 BKK International Bike Show this Saturday 2nd February.

Meeting at D-Zone (the new Dainese shop) opposite Soi 12 on the 3rd Road at 09:30 but if you fancy some grub (food/breaky) before hand then, myself and a few others will be in Pitinis on Soi Bukow.

We will be meeting Nick on his lovely 1100 Monster in Bang Na at about 11am and then onto Central World for the extravaganza of BIKES wub.png until about 5pm ish.

It promises to be an EPIC day for all.wai.gif

Keep those good times rolling. thumbsup.gif

Norman

Hope you guys have a fun safe trip!

Be sure and take pictures for your less fortunate brothers up North wink.png

You`re not missing much, It`s more of a tea party than a bikefest.smile.png

Some cute Thai bike model girls to look at, some new aftermarket products,

Karlos said there will be MOS Burgers, I don't know what that is but it sounds good :) paninis & maybe a beer?

I don't need much these days :lol:

man, only 6 hours from Chiang Mai to BKK,.

Leave Chiang Mai at 8 in the morning and you are here at 14:00.

I would die to go for a long trip with my bike now.

smile.png Yeah I like long rides but only in the twisties.

I think CM to BK would be a bit boring on a 250

I did find a really nice 100km loop here in the hills called Samoeng

http://maps.google.c...f5f35034e4fceee

http://www.gt-rider....he-samoeng-loop

Lots of sport bike riders & cyclist too.

Really only 70 or so is twisty but great fun ride.

Gotta be careful as I ride alone & it is out there a bit.

Last Sunday I tagged onto a group of Thai riders & as we were

going uphill into some turns the guy in 2nd spot went down like a shot.

Lowsided but he got up quick & moved his bike aside so no others were involved.

If you google Samoeng loop some folks have made videos too

Not sport bike videos but you can see the roads.

Edited by mania

i would love to drive there mania. my job is a hard kind of job and i barely move outside of Bangkok and if i move, i go Hua Hin etc. max.

Envy you guys up there but i want to make Songklaburi trip after this weekend which has enough twisties, i made it once with my cbr150 and it was funlaugh.png

230kmh = 143mph!!!!!

Bloody hell, that must have been a hell of a hill they were racing down.

Best I’ve had is 214kmh on a flat during mid afternoon.

My 2012 N650 is having its 30,000km service done this Monday.

On top of the regular service I have insisted the following to be done:-

Valve clearances

Throttle body synchronization

Compression check (I’m curious as to how the engine is holding up)

Air filter

After 100km or so I’ll head out for one test run to see if she can reach 220kmh on a flat biggrin.png

Edited by karlos

After 100km or so I’ll head out for one test run to see if she can reach 220kmh on a flat biggrin.png

Maybe you need some of that Shell super gas smile.png

Tried it before, just the same (as to be expected) as all the other gasohol 95 brands :)

I'll go the whole hog when i do my next, 3rd and last top speed run. I'll run her on 95 Benzine, head out on a cool morning, lose some weight (cough cough) and fill the tyres with helium :D

Tried it before, just the same (as to be expected) as all the other gasohol 95 brands smile.png

I'll go the whole hog when i do my next, 3rd and last top speed run. I'll run her on 95 Benzine, head out on a cool morning, lose some weight (cough cough) and fill the tyres with helium biggrin.png

Same for me with the gas.

I did think it ran a bit smoother in the Wave but nothing substantive

230kmh = 143mph!!!!!

Valve clearances

Air filter

Change the rear spocket to a smaller size might do the trick.smile.png

230kmh = 143mph!!!!!

Valve clearances

Air filter

Change the rear spocket to a smaller size might do the trick.smile.png

The guy said he's only changed the exhaust.

I doubt changing the rear sprocket to a smaller size would help the bike reach 230kmh, this bike just doesn't have enough puff in its lungs to pull that gearing. Fitting a larger sprocket to fool the speedo in to thinking the rear wheel is spinning faster than it actually is would do the 'trick' :)

My 2012 Ninja 650 has just had its 30,000km service done (now currently reading 32,400km)

Here’s a list of things that were carried out by my local dealership here in Bangkok

1) Valve clearance check (I insisted it to be done early and measurement to be given to me. All were fine)

2) Compression check (Curious as to how the engine’s holding up, and she's running 175 & 173psi dry)

3) Throttle body Synchronization (Should have been done on the 12k and 24k but wasn’t! As 4) expected it was quite far off)

4) Spark plugs

5) Air filter

6) Engine oil

7) Oil filter

8) Cam cover gasket and O-Ring set

9) As well as all the regular 30,000km service checks.

10) 4 hours labor

Total cost 3200baht, 64 pounds, or $107

Absolute bargain, having the throttle bodies re-synchronized has made a noticeable difference in the bike’s power delivery, she seems a lot more grunty compared to how it’s been over the last 12,000km or so.

My 2012 Ninja 650 has just had its 30,000km service done (now currently reading 32,400km)

Here’s a list of things that were carried out by my local dealership here in Bangkok

1) Valve clearance check (I insisted it to be done early and measurement to be given to me. All were fine)

2) Compression check (Curious as to how the engine’s holding up, and she's running 175 & 173psi dry)

3) Throttle body Synchronization (Should have been done on the 12k and 24k but wasn’t! As 4) expected it was quite far off)

4) Spark plugs

5) Air filter

6) Engine oil

7) Oil filter

8) Cam cover gasket and O-Ring set

9) As well as all the regular 30,000km service checks.

10) 4 hours labor

Total cost 3200baht, 64 pounds, or $107

Absolute bargain, having the throttle bodies re-synchronized has made a noticeable difference in the bike’s power delivery, she seems a lot more grunty compared to how it’s been over the last 12,000km or so.

it is cheap for all of these karlos.

maybe you can see than 230 kmh nowbiggrin.png ?

There were a bunch of the Er6n Kawis in the Chiang Mai dealership when I took my D-Tracker in for a service. The Er6n is a nice, compact looking bike.There were also a few previously nice, new Versys that the riders had somehow mangled. I didn't ask about the condition of the riders.

.There were also a few previously nice, new Versys that the riders had somehow mangled. I didn't ask about the condition of the riders.

there is at about 25 mangled bikes at rama9 and they have a long waiting list on repairs ,i spoke to guy who crashed badly and he said there is no er6n frames available so his repair will take at least two months :(

you would think there would be plenty of frames in rayong if the 650's are still being produced there but seems like no spare ones put aside for crashes ......