Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

I think you mis-understood the location. D-zone is where they sell dianese clothes. They dont sell ducatis only rent them

where is the place that rents ducattis ? i would like to rent one for a day or two

Soi 13 on the 3rd road in Pattaya. It's called D-Zone :) 2k baht per day.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you mis-understood the location. D-zone is where they sell dianese clothes. They dont sell ducatis only rent them

where is the place that rents ducattis ? i would like to rent one for a day or two

Soi 13 on the 3rd road in Pattaya. It's called D-Zone smile.png 2k baht per day.

cheers for the info guys ,i will definately rent one for a couple of days to see how much more fun it compared to the bikes i have now

kawa 650s and a bandit 1255fa

so far i had kinda crossed ducatti and triumph off my list as being too overpriced for what you get in thai + since the new tax kicked in the tiger explorer 1200 and the triumph street triple and ducatti streetfighter(my personal favourites ) etc all got 20% more expensive overnight sad.png

but i sure will rent one and see how much fun im missing out on lolbiggrin.png

hope its not too mindblowingly amazing or il have to sell the wife /house /kids etc to order one laugh.png

Edited by YipYipYa123

The French manager at the Novotel in Glam Kleang makes my bike look very clean thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Apparently if you want discount at the hotel you should contact me thumbsup.gif

post-52293-0-36827900-1358174998_thumb.j

Looking sharp in white colour ! where do you get all the stickers from ?

i ordered some tank pads from ebay in china and they looked fine but were so crap the sun melted the glue off them and they wouldnt stick

i considered using superglue for a millisecond to permanently stick them but decided its not worth risking a paint job on cheap chinese stickers

if they deteoriate rapidly id have to peel them off an d maybe the paint would come off with the superglue blink.png

And another:

That Alpinestars jacket is for sale if anyone wants it?

I've lost a load of weight and now it's too big arhhhhhh!

post-52293-0-38230900-1358177498_thumb.j

Hello Norman, being a stalker and non poster on this er6n page I love how your bike looks with the stickers. I was scared it would look daft but it looks great.

Im in your position of a while ago, wanting a Kwaker but still in saving mode.

As you say keep those good times rolling, Its rolling on 4 wheels for me at the moment :-(

See if the wife will allow me to take the plunge.

Take it easy

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And another:

Hello Norman, being a stalker and non poster on this er6n page I love how your bike looks with the stickers. I was scared it would look daft but it looks great.

As you say keep those good times rolling, Its rolling on 4 wheels for me at the moment :-(

Take it easy

Nice 1.

Go for it, you won't regret it.

Once you've bought it you can then relax a while until you think of ways to slowly improve your bike.

I would love a Z1000 but sadly will never be able to afford one.

I'm used to the power (or lack of it) of the er6 now.

Keep those good times rolling.

wai.gifthumbsup.gif

And another:

Take it easy

Nice 1.

Go for it, you won't regret it.

Once you've bought it you can then relax a while until you think of ways to slowly improve your bike.

I would love a Z1000 but sadly will never be able to afford one.

I'm used to the power (or lack of it) of the er6 now.

Keep those good times rolling.

wai.gifthumbsup.gif

I like the looks of the Z1000 its a pure meaty bike.

My mate Kwasaki has the Versys and I really like that also, not too fussed about the Ninja, sorry owners.

As you said your used to the power not meaning it doesnt have any. Its the same with all progression of bikes. Me starting on a scooter and going wow, bored after 30 minutes then after a wave, Pcx and Phantom I got upto the CBR250 got it to top speed, had it a week, not enough power bored.

Im sure the Z20000 rocket bike will keep us all happy haha.

Take it easy

Hi Guys

Just found this thread and took me a few days to read it, Learned a lot

Have purchased a 2009 ER6N and trying to get some bits for it (I am in Pattaya)

Havnt had much luck with Kawasaki here (unhelpful and overpriced)

Will try and find BP racing for some mirrors etc

But main thing would be a rear tyre. What size are you guys running (it currently has a 180 on it but looks to big for the rim to me (I mean its stretched around changing the profile)

Going by the thread BT023 would be the one (does no one do michelin here)

Anyway can get one here or do I need to go to bangkok

Maybe I need to go anyway as I would like a good mechanic to do a service on it for my first one

Keen on joining a ride or 2

Cheers

a 180 on a 2009 model will run very close to the chain, perhaps you'll see some scuffing on the tyre's left-hand side...

You are correct; fitting a 180 onto the stock 5" rim will distort the tyre 'pinching' it giving the tyre a taller look as opposed to the full 180 width the previous owner was trying to achieve.

Fitting such a tyre on this bike is purely cosmetic, there are no advantages to be had from doing it, turn in will slow down as a result of the tyre's larger circumference and with the 'pinched' tyre you are currently running i'd assume feels a little more twitchy cornering...?

The other matter you have to consider is the warm up times of a tyre that was designed for a bike churning out 110bhp+, it'll take you far longer to reach a functional temperature on track or road.

Best bet, as i'm sure you have realised already is to stick with the stock 160 and enjoy the bikes nimble handling again. Pirelli Rosso II's are highly recommended by myself and plenty of other riders, they are great if you want a sticky tyre for the track that can also last 8000 - 10,000 on the road.

As for a good mechanic to do your first service, you sound like a switched on guy who knows his bikes, i'd invest in some tools and service the bike myself as it no longer has warranty. You will be hard pushed to find a competent mechanic or one that does / checks everything you ask!

Welcome to the 650 club :)

P.S. Norman W (aka Jonnie) will hock you up with BP Racing.

Edited by karlos

Hi Guys

But main thing would be a rear tyre. What size are you guys running (it currently has a 180 on it but looks to big for the rim to me (I mean its stretched around changing the profile)

Maybe I need to go anyway as I would like a good mechanic to do a service on it for my first one

Cheers

Hello Maximus and welcome to the thread.

Tyres - I would put on Pirelli Rosso 2s - the best place to fit those is in BKK at Showpow. Will post some pics.

Just been down to BP Racing where there are 4 er6ns getting some work done from fitting alarms to fitting race sets.

Most parts for your bike can be ordered through BP Racing, AP Shop BKK or online through the Kawasaki websites although you may need to be able to read Thai.

I'm going back down to BP Racing in an hour. If you want to meet there I'll be there :)

As for a service, only Kawasaki have the usb connector to plug into your port under your seat to diagnose and test stuff. Otherwise I would do most jobs yourself or get them done at BP Racing? There's not a lot going on in the way of servicing for these bikes apart from the usual stuff big bikes need. Oil, filters etc.

That rear tyre is too big for the 2009 swingarm. I once had a 170 on my 2010 er6n and that was enough.

From 2012 Kawasaki enlarged the swingarm to take a 190 Z1000/ZX10 wheel and tyre. This can be bought through BP Racing for about 20k all in I think. Depending on the tyre you want.

As I say, Pirelli are a sound choice.

See you soon

Norman

Hi Guys

Cheers

Hello Maximus and welcome to the thread.

Tyres - I would put on Pirelli Rosso 2s - the best place to fit those is in BKK at Showpow. Will post some pics.

Just been down to BP Racing where there are 4 er6ns getting some work done from fitting alarms to fitting race sets.

Most parts for your bike can be ordered through BP Racing, AP Shop BKK or online through the Kawasaki websites although you may need to be able to read Thai.

I'm going back down to BP Racing in an hour. If you want to meet there I'll be there smile.png

As for a service, only Kawasaki have the usb connector to plug into your port under your seat to diagnose and test stuff. Otherwise I would do most jobs yourself or get them done at BP Racing? There's not a lot going on in the way of servicing for these bikes apart from the usual stuff big bikes need. Oil, filters etc.

That rear tyre is too big for the 2009 swingarm. I once had a 170 on my 2010 er6n and that was enough.

From 2012 Kawasaki enlarged the swingarm to take a 190 Z1000/ZX10 wheel and tyre. This can be bought through BP Racing for about 20k all in I think. Depending on the tyre you want.

As I say, Pirelli are a sound choice.

See you soon

Norman

Thanks for that. Happy to go back to 160 but was wondering if any had tried the 170. Im Living on a budget so longevity of tyres is relatively important especially as kawa patts quoted 15k for a set of pirrellis (and 12 for original dunlops). I haved used the 023 and mostly michelin on my bike at home (Bandit 1250). What distance are you getting from pirrelis?

mirrors tank protector and luggage are what i am mostly looking for right now

Cheers

15k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are taking the pi55!! Was that a quote for a standard front size and a 180 rear??

Showpow here at On-Nut Bangkok will charge you 9500baht tops for a full set of Pirelli Rosso IIs (stock size) inc fitting and balancing. The beauty of Show-Pow is that they have proper tyre removal and balancing machines, everything is marked with metal marker once tightened and they will ask what pressures you would like to run, ohh and free soft drinks too :D

The run to Show-Pow and back to Patt's will cost no more than 600-800baht in fuel depending on how you ride. :)

15k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are taking the pi55!! Was that a quote for a standard front size and a 180 rear??

Showpow here at On-Nut Bangkok will charge you 9500baht tops for a full set of Pirelli Rosso IIs (stock size) inc fitting and balancing. The beauty of Show-Pow is that they have proper tyre removal and balancing machines, everything is marked with metal marker once tightened and they will ask what pressures you would like to run, ohh and free soft drinks too biggrin.png

The run to Show-Pow and back to Patt's will cost no more than 600-800baht in fuel depending on how you ride. smile.png

Taking the piss is what i was thinking. I think it was a 180 rear but i couldnt get much out of them just prices for what they had in stock (better than ive got from them before)

Talked to pattaya superbikes yesterday and they implied that pattaya mition may have stopped them selling tyres (ie made it very difficult) so they could have a local monopoly

Im still weary of riding into bangkok central as i think it would be easy to get lost and a bit intimidating. Would I need to book?

Went into bang phi the other day but thats simple stuff.

Need to get my phone gps sorted maybe

Cheers

Showpow here at On-Nut Bangkok will charge you 9500baht tops for a full set of Pirelli Rosso IIs (stock size) inc fitting and balancing. The beauty of Show-Pow is that they have proper tyre removal and balancing machines, everything is marked with metal marker once tightened and they will ask what pressures you would like to run, ohh and free soft drinks too :D

The run to Show-Pow and back to Patt's will cost no more than 600-800baht in fuel depending on how you ride. :)

I need a 650 almost 1000baht in fuel from pattaya to KK

Edited by yankee99

A call out to whoever bought my green 2010 er6n last year around November time.

I'll post some pics of the bike, but I 've just found the warranty book with all those oil changes etc in.

I'll EMS it to you.

That's if you are on Thaivisa???????????

wai.gif

post-52293-0-94834000-1358671114_thumb.jpost-52293-0-91158500-1358671130_thumb.jpost-52293-0-77269700-1358671144_thumb.j

A call out to whoever bought my green 2010 er6n last year around November time.

I'll post some pics of the bike, but I 've just found the warranty book with all those oil changes etc in.

I'll EMS it to you.

That's if you are on Thaivisa???????????

wai.gif