12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Norman

Did you have to get them from Bangkok or did they take the order over the phone (in English?)

They took the order in Thai from a garage in Pattaya I went through.

If you PM me I'll give you a ring and let you know. thumbsup.gif

Thanks Norman PM sent.

Edited by Beardog

Is the Yoshi really that much louder than the Leo? :)

Glad you got the exhaust sorted out, 27k is a good price for a full system, did you order it from AP in Bangkok?

As for that insurance quote, well done! Was there an option to insure the bike for a higher value and pay a little more for the premium?

Karl :)

I spy a Yoshi smile.png

Got my 2nd year's insurance renewal: 11k baht valued at 180k. Lockton Insurance.

thats a better deal than i got

i paid 15or 16k for a 2011 versys and it only gives back 180k as well if stolen

i thought they would take into account the actual value of the thing

also it doesnt cover the 3 givi boxes,custom rack ,seat ,lights and the extra i put worth about 50k

i would have happily paid a bit more if i could insure the bike for its full value (what it would cost me to replace etc )

180k is a joke for a bike which now costs 290k to replace

and i stand to get back 180k - 5k excess so 175k outta 340ish

they dont even take into account that a versys costs 40k more than an er6n ,the policy are identical and both pay 180k max

I spy a Yoshi smile.png

Got my 2nd year's insurance renewal: 11k baht valued at 180k. Lockton Insurance.

also it doesnt cover the 3 givi boxes,custom rack ,seat ,lights and the extra i put worth about 50k

i would have happily paid a bit more if i could insure the bike for its full value (what it would cost me to replace etc )

they dont even take into account that a versys costs 40k more than an er6n ,the policy are identical and both pay 180k max

So you will make sure your bike doesn't get stolen or crashed because you only get 180k back. That's the strategy of the insurance companies.

I spy a Yoshi smile.png

Correct, I'm going to see tomorrow if another company can insure it for more than 180!!!

Went to see Pui at AP Shop this morning and bought the Akrapovic full system and a hugger I've been looking for for over 3 years now!!!

Congrats Norman Akras usually have a nice deep sound and great performance gain. But somehow this exhaustdoes look soooooooooo long :)

Can someone please recommend places in Bangkok where I can buy a sturdy Thai-made rack for ER-6F 2009? I don't really want to pay for SW-Motech.

I don't need any fittings for the box, will just strap a large drybag on top of the rack.

have a look through the ER6thailand.com classified section. I'm sure i saw some well priced racks a while back. But i warn you, there are alot of pages to search through, as most of the companies use multiple page threads to list and sell their latest products, resulting in literally 100's of pages per company.

Sometimes they pop up in the secondhand section below the sponsored threads smile.png

Not much luck with the site, any other suggestions?

Looks good Mate , too long for Track days thou , Should of got an Arrow.biggrin.png

Correct, will be good trying to get it to scrape round all those right handers that I don't like 555

The Arrow was an extra 4k.

Right about the deep sound.

Can't wait to get the baffle out 2mora for a real test ride.

Easier to pull wheelies now though :)

New hugger for Christmas.

Names so far for a run out on Sunday to the Novotel cafe Kleang a 100 clicks away. coffee1.gif

A steady run for the end of year 2012 wai2.gif

Nakorn (er6n)

C4 (er6n)

Mark (Ducati)

Bruce (Ducati)

Frank (Ducati)

Ron (Suzuki Gixxer)

Karl (Ninja 650)

Mike (900 Fireblade)

Me (er6n)

Meeting at D Zone Pattaya 3rd Road between Klang and Tai smile.png 1pm sharp.

wub.pngwub.pngclap2.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

post-52293-0-79302000-1356437183_thumb.j

post-52293-0-83061600-1356437228_thumb.j

Looks like a good gathering mate smile.png

I'll be at yours by 11am, gives us enough time to watch another 3D flick biggrin.png

There's more Ducatis than there are Kwakers...... Seems like I'm going to be coasting most of the way so I can listen to the rumble of those Ducatis

Edited by karlos

Looks like a good gathering mate smile.png

I'll be at yours by 11am, gives us enough time to watch another 3D flick biggrin.png

There's more Ducatis than there are Kwakers...... Seems like I'm going to be coasting most of the way so I can listen to the rumble of those Ducatis

Yeh, yer reet there man.

3 of them are going to be hired from D Zone on the day. 795s.

Mike with his lovely 900 Fireblade will be at the front (pulling a wheelie) - old but still fast :)

I don't know if Colin is in Saudi or not, otherwise his gorgeous 848 Streetfighter would win the fastest and most beautiful ;)

New hugger for Christmas.

Names so far for a run out on Sunday to the Novotel cafe Kleang a 100 clicks away. coffee1.gif

A steady run for the end of year 2012 wai2.gif

Nakorn (er6n)

C4 (er6n)

Mark (Ducati)

Bruce (Ducati)

Frank (Ducati)

Ron (Suzuki Gixxer)

Karl (Ninja 650)

Mike (900 Fireblade)

Me (er6n)

Meeting at D Zone Pattaya 3rd Road between Klang and Tai smile.png 1pm sharp.

wub.pngwub.pngclap2.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

post-52293-0-79302000-1356437183_thumb.j

post-52293-0-83061600-1356437228_thumb.j

Looks good. How much for the carbon wrap on the hugger?

3 of them are going to be hired from D Zone on the day. 795s.

Mike with his lovely 900 Fireblade will be at the front (pulling a wheelie) - old but still fast smile.png

That is pretty cool you can rent a duck there

I would have to do it if available here in CM just to try

Reading about a 900 makes me miss my old Fireblade 900 sad.png

PS: Your Bike is looking good!

Edited by mania

Count me in I will be there for the final 2012 ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to check out some new mods nowsmile.pngclap2.gif

Fantastic!

Johnny F I'm going to find out how much today as I haven't paid yet smile.png I'll post the cost later kap. A few hundred Baht is my guess :)

Thanks Maina, yeh I love the old Fireblades thumbsup.gif

So, that's 8 of us for Sunday.

Should be a good laugh with great coffee at the end and views out the the islands over deep blue sea. wub.png

Edited by NormanW

Pics from the 2012 ride. It was a real nice ride! It was nice to get a chance to see what my bike would do. Jonnie you are quite the organizer. We owned the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!biggrin.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gifintheclub.gifpartytime2.gif

Have a Happy Happy New Year!

post-32440-0-05546800-1356920548_thumb.j

post-32440-0-53194700-1356920597_thumb.j

Edited by Beardog

Pics from the 2012 ride. It was a real nice ride! It was nice to get a chance to see what my bike would do. Jonnie you are quite the organizer. We owned the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!biggrin.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gifintheclub.gifpartytime2.gif

Have a Happy Happy New Year!

Here's where the videos will be of yesterday's ride out http://www.youtube.com/user/Jonniethai

I'll be cutting the videos soon, until then here are some pics: post-52293-0-42836400-1356946191_thumb.j post-52293-0-80868500-1356946212_thumb.j post-52293-0-13466600-1356946224_thumb.j post-52293-0-31162100-1356946233_thumb.j post-52293-0-26704400-1356946251_thumb.j

I want to be poster 3000!

What do I need to bring and pay for if I want to drive my bike into Cambodia? I would bring greenbook, insurance papers and road tax paid papers, anything else?

nevermind, after reading this thread I changed my mind:

Edited by dollarman