Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey ER-6n owners - do any of you have a windshield they can recommend?

I find speeds above about 130 very uncomfortable due to the wind. I have heard some wind screens don't work very well. Anyone has one that they're happy with? How fast do you go with it?

[getting my Givi side boxes from Kawa CM this week, and a proper helmet too, will probably help with higher speeds as well. My Kawasaki/Real is losing the matte black color, it seems to just peel off and now it looks like @ss, and it's very windy at thigh speeds, and it's a little too short for my big farang nose....]

So anyway, while I am at the dealers, I want to get a windshield too.

Ordering Helmets online is tempting with the huge price difference but don't you need to try a helmet on before you buy?

I am selling my seat cowl off my candy burnt orange ER6n for anyone who wants one.

It has been sprayed in UK by Dream Machine Race Paints so the quality is superb.

Selling for 6000B inc shipping in Thailand.

Edited by Rickster

Where can you buy the Ketten Spray in Thailand?

Sonax Ketten Spray

at Carrefour, Homepro, Homeworks, Big C, Tesco Lotus. 129 baht at Carrefour last week.

Does that Sonax Ketten Spray fling off everywhere (like is it really oily) or is it okay?

Do any of you have a windshield they can recommend?

Nope sorry, couldn't find one that looked good so bought a Ninja 650R instead :D

Me too :D

Me three :)

Yeah thanks for the tip guys :D but I much prefer the looks of the N so I will keep on searching...

Yeah thanks for the tip guys :) but I much prefer the looks of the N so I will keep on searching...

HTWoodson put a Givi screen for a Z1000 on his ER6n and it looked great, but unfortunately after a small accident it got torn off and he left it laying in a ditch in Laos somewhere... I'm sure if you do a little searching you can find the pictures he posted.

Yeah thanks for the tip guys :) but I much prefer the looks of the N so I will keep on searching...

HTWoodson put a Givi screen for a Z1000 on his ER6n and it looked great, but unfortunately after a small accident it got torn off and he left it laying in a ditch in Laos somewhere... I'm sure if you do a little searching you can find the pictures he posted.

I thought for a minute then Tony you were suggesting if he do some searching in Loas he might find said screen !!!! 555555 :D

I thought for a minute then Tony you were suggesting if he do some searching in Loas he might find said screen !!!! 555555 :D

The only question now is, where's Loas? :D

Thanx found the pix on another forum that shall go unnamed... lookin' good. I think they sold this one at Kawa CM so will take a look when I am there later in the week.

Edited by nikster

Hey ER-6n owners - do any of you have a windshield they can recommend?

I find speeds above about 130 very uncomfortable due to the wind. I have heard some wind screens don't work very well. Anyone has one that they're happy with? How fast do you go with it?

[getting my Givi side boxes from Kawa CM this week, and a proper helmet too, will probably help with higher speeds as well. My Kawasaki/Real is losing the matte black color, it seems to just peel off and now it looks like @ss, and it's very windy at thigh speeds, and it's a little too short for my big farang nose....]

So anyway, while I am at the dealers, I want to get a windshield too.

Ordering Helmets online is tempting with the huge price difference but don't you need to try a helmet on before you buy?

Great stuff nikster, yes you do have to try a helmet before you buy, I did exactly that at the dealer on Sukhumvit Pattaya with one of their AGV helmets (Rossi replica) and found out that my size is medium (57-58cm).

Most of the helemts here are 60cm + which is large.

Done.

Sonax Ketten Spray

at Carrefour, Homepro, Homeworks, Big C, Tesco Lotus. 129 baht at Carrefour last week.

Does that Sonax Ketten Spray fling off everywhere (like is it really oily) or is it okay?

OH MAN! It's terrible it flies off everywhere so I'm going to throw it in the bin and go back to the blue wax.

Spent an eternity cleaning off ketten residue from the rear of my bike the other day, arhhh!

OH MAN! It's terrible it flies off everywhere so I'm going to throw it in the bin and go back to the blue wax.

Spent an eternity cleaning off ketten residue from the rear of my bike the other day, arhhh!

Indeed, I noticed that too last time. Black gunk everywhere. I guess I'll have to switch to the blue stuff now too... Edited by nikster

I added the Givi Screen from Kawasaki Mityon, it was 6000 Baht. It looks great :) The only problem is the wind force is still just as strong at speeds over 120KPH :D One of my mates bought a Ninja 650R and he said he also feels the wind on that despite the screen and fairing. I guess its because of the upright riding position and the high bars.

Never mind it suits me as I'm not a speed freak and it makes me more aware of the speed I'm travelling at. I find the bike is comfortable and rock solid at 100-120KPH.

I added the Givi Screen from Kawasaki Mityon, it was 6000 Baht. It looks great :) The only problem is the wind force is still just as strong at speeds over 120KPH :D One of my mates bought a Ninja 650R and he said he also feels the wind on that despite the screen and fairing. I guess its because of the upright riding position and the high bars.

Never mind it suits me as I'm not a speed freak and it makes me more aware of the speed I'm travelling at. I find the bike is comfortable and rock solid at 100-120KPH.

when we going for a ride out Big Guns?

Sonax Ketten Spray

So where are you all buying the blue wax. I got a can of some awesome stuff back in Oz, which I intended on bringing back here, but guess what? I forgot, the can is sitting on my mates work bench, its white, its new and it doesnt come off.

Anyway, Im virtually lubless minus some Sonax spray oil crap, which flies off everywhere :D & evertime I go into a bike shop and ask for it around here they give me the duh! look, just use oil from the engine.....god help me :):D

So where are you all buying the blue wax. I got a can of some awesome stuff back in Oz, which I intended on bringing back here, but guess what? I forgot, the can is sitting on my mates work bench, its white, its new and it doesnt come off.

Anyway, Im virtually lubless minus some Sonax spray oil crap, which flies off everywhere :D & evertime I go into a bike shop and ask for it around here they give me the duh! look, just use oil from the engine.....god help me :):D

Kawasaki dealer on the Sukhumvit road, Pattaya, they've got loads of it.

400 Baht well spent, I will pop into Carrefour to see if they have it cheaper.

I also bought a bike stand yesterday for 2800 baht, now I can clean, lube my chain and change my engine oil everyday!!!

LOL! :) No need to bin it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. Methinks you are using far too much, hence the fling and mess... I've been using Sonax Ketten Black for a long time and you know my bike is spotless :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

You can buy Putolene Blue Chain Wax at Fastcorner, Red Baron and Dirtshop. Seen it at a few other places too...

Your friendly neighborhood Kawa dealer would be good. That's where I got it, and they washed my chain for me too. Now I am all blue.

Skipped the luggage - Givi hard side cases for 40k baht seemed excessive, particularly given the decidedly hum-ho quality of the fit and finish. Also, they're too wide, not practical for city traffic & I don't need that much storage room. They open side-ways too, which is baffling. Stuff will fall out every time you open them. I know there are straps, but why not make them top loading?

So my christmas presents this year are a tiny puig clear screen. It may not help much - we'll see - but it certainly is very pretty. And a nice Arai lid - my first real helmet. I've been a good boy this year :D:) I am seriously thinking about the very nice alpinestar leather jacket, but at 25k it's probably a lot cheaper to buy elsewhere and ship here.