Australian Drug Smuggler Arrested At Suvarnabhumi

Jai Dee

Drugs have destroyed so many innocent lives,

Well, no...the criminalization of drugs and the underground criminal world feeding of it has killed much more innocents than users themselves.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see compassion alive and well here. Yeah....you are right....the guy was/is dumb. This is a sad story.

Canada, I agree with your comment, I was thinking how scared this guy must be right now. But at the end of the day, he is a drug dealer, he wanted easy money and must be well aware of what heroin does to people. I think he should be made an example of in the hope it will stop others in the future.

Hang him on public T.V, thats what the chinese used to do, seems to working.

He doesn't deserve to be a father when you think about it, I have friends that have been trying to have a baby for years and some muppet like this gets to be a father and only thinks about his most precious AFTER he is busted!

After the hanging, the sentenced loses consciousness almost immediatelly; the death occurs by asphyxiation, because of a slipknot put around the neck and fixed to a support by the other end. The weight of the body, hanging in mid-air or inclined forward, rests on the slipknot, determines its closing and the compressing action on respiratory tract.

The hanging leaves different signs, both inside and outside the body: the sentenced becomes cyanotic, the tongue hangs out, the eyes pop out of his head, there is a groove on the neck; there are also vertebral lesions and internal fractures.

Medical consequences of chronic heroin abuse include scarred and/or collapsed veins, bacterial infections of the blood vessels and heart valves, abscesses (boils) and other soft-tissue infections, and liver or kidney disease. Lung complications (including various types of pneumonia and tuberculosis) may result from the poor health condition of the abuser as well as from heroin's depressing effects on respiration. Many of the additives in street heroin may include substances that do not readily dissolve and result in clogging the blood vessels that lead to the lungs, liver, kidneys, or brain. This can cause infection or even death of small patches of cells in vital organs. Immune reactions to these or other contaminants can cause arthritis or other rheumatologic problems.

Of course, sharing of injection equipment or fluids can lead to some of the most severe consequences of heroin abuse-infections with hepatitis B and C, HIV, and a host of other blood-borne viruses, which drug abusers can then pass on to their sexual partners and children.

HIV/AIDS - due to sharing of needles

Poisoning - from the addition of toxin to the drug

Hepatitis - liver damage

Skin infections - from repeated intravenous injections

Other bacterial and viral infections

Increase risk of stroke

Collapsed veins

Lung infections

3 kilos of that will do a lot of damage to a lot of people.

Best hang him me thinks

I totally agree with you. But you forgot a lot of other damage, that heroin is doing to others.....friends, partners or family members who're trying to help them till they relize that there's no help, crime and much more caused by heroin.

They should hang him in the Middle of Bangkok to demonstrate what death sentence really means. Forget this Amnesty bla bla.......Hang him on the highest tree.

post-39518-1247575852_thumb.jpg

For Democracy, I assume everybody is aware that the death penalty aint no good.

Agree.And Holland has come a loong way in this drug "issue" Or? :D

Not much, you know soft drugs is legal here. The police is still very active against drug plantations here. But our law just is " to protective ". For a murder somebody would get maybe 10 to 20 years, that's it. Maybe he is even on paroul earlier. For drug crimes, it's even milder. A few years back a guy not for from my parents house here, was caught having a barn full of 11.000 plants. Now he's living in his house again :) , and I guess with alot of $$ on the bank account as well.

Hey N.D...hows things?

I notice you have a few sparring partners on this page.. :)

Im still waiting for a knockout punch, but ive definately got you ahead on points... :D

Interesting issue though, considering the different international laws and cultures....take the situation in Amsterdam for instance..i think i read somewhere that they are taking measures to clean up its image as far as tourists perception of it being a free and easy mecca for drug culture??

Maybe Norwayeagle has more knowledge? and im wondering if this has any bearing on why his arguments sometimes go a little further than the humanitarian issues of the death penalty?

I would expect that anyone coming from these other countries would have an entirely different opinion on the issue of drugs and the penalties for such.

After all, if the death penalty for drugs was applied in Amsterdam there would surely not be enough bullets to go around.

Still to argue about such issues in regards to this situation in LOS is a bit like Manny Pacquito taking on Lennox Lewis....a completely different wieght class...

manny would get the gun IN ONE!!!

r154436305.jpg

r2586513608.jpg

r1828859981.jpg

Look at him! He's an idiot! No wonder he got busted.

Thats a bit of a cruel judgement!!

Why,to me he looks like a young DON BURKE!!!

And yes,this was how he looked on his arrest back then...so at time i dont think he was planning to get all done up for pics. :)

Ozzzie, you make me laugh, thanks :D .

Everything you say in your post is about right, no arguements from this end.

It amazes me though about the people that come in on these forums and make bold statements about drugs such as Heroin not being harmful (that was ourmaninbangers) or not being evil (like whatshisname today).

Years ago, I remember talking to a heroin addict throgh the window of his car. I had been passing by and I noticed him, he was injecting in broad daylight for anyone walking past to see. I asked him to open the door of the car and the look on his face was something like Ive never seen before. He kind of looked like a rabbit in a spotlight, but he was determined to get every last drop into his veins before he did anything else. I ended up smashing the drivers side window of the car to get at him & let me tell you something, I couldnt believe how hard that window was. Naturally in the mean time he was attempting to drive away & he was completely out of it, I cant imagine what damage he could of done to a child pedestrian or someone innocent if he had moved off. Inside the car was a range of drugs, just about everything from Cannabis to Heroin, a stack of cash, stolen jewelery, wallets, some medical gear he had ripped off from an ambulance and bail papers for a serious assault charge. Earlier he had commited an armed holdup with a syringe.

Later I was speaking with several of his family members, all of which wanted nothing to do with him after years of abuse he had just about destroyed his family unit. Theres nothing evil about this guy whatsoever, yeah right. Hes not the acception to the rule when it comes to Heroin either, I don't care what any grubby druggy has to say on the matter.

Some people really need to wake up and smell the coffee :)

ps: let me tell you one other thing about that lovely gentleman, he also boobie trapped his car, he taped syringes under the seat and in a couple of other difficult places so any searching law enforcement officer could get a needlestick injury when searching the car. I actually did receive a needlestick injury from that pile of trash, fortunately I didnt contract any of the filthy diseases that scumbag possessed, but let me tell you he cause a fair interuption to my life whilst I awaited tests for 3 months. Evil, yeah pure evil that drug, as many of them are.

Edited by neverdie

For Democracy, I assume everybody is aware that the death penalty aint no good.

Agree.And Holland has come a loong way in this drug "issue" Or? :D

Not much, you know soft drugs is legal here. The police is still very active against drug plantations here. But our law just is " to protective ". For a murder somebody would get maybe 10 to 20 years, that's it. Maybe he is even on paroul earlier. For drug crimes, it's even milder. A few years back a guy not for from my parents house here, was caught having a barn full of 11.000 plants. Now he's living in his house again :) , and I guess with alot of $ on the bank account as well.

Ok i understand.pretty much the same here in Norway.last year or so they took about 30 barns full of weed,mostly cultivated by Vietnamese people,hehe and also Norwayfolks,(not much "punishment" 4 that)And if some1 kill somebody, 5 2 10years is normal.that is not to good i think.People from outside countries fill up this land to the limit of heroin,bcuse they know punishment is low if they got "trapped".so what 2 do? Guess thats why we have politicians we vote 4 to take care of that :D .Whatever i dont belief in Jail punishment.( if u dont know anything about crime,,u got there by minor,u surely are educated when out)....Hard work in the middle of a "jungle would b fine,4 "some" years :D

Ozzzie, you make me laugh, thanks :D .

Everything you say in your post is about right, no arguements from this end.

It amazes me though about the people that come in on these forums and make bold statements about drugs such as Heroin not being harmful (that was ourmaninbangers) or not being evil (like whatshisname today).

Years ago, I remember talking to a heroin addict throgh the window of his car. I had been passing by and I noticed him, he was injecting in broad daylight for anyone walking past to see. I asked him to open the door of the car and the look on his face was something like Ive never seen before. He kind of looked like a rabbit in a spotlight, but he was determined to get every last drop into his veins before he did anything else. I ended up smashing the drivers side window of the car to get at him & let me tell you something, I couldnt believe how hard that window was. Naturally in the mean time he was attempting to drive away & he was completely out of it, I cant imagine what damage he could of done to a child pedestrian or someone innocent if he had moved off. Inside the car was a range of drugs, just about everything from Cannabis to Heroin, a stack of cash, stolen jewelery, wallets, some medical gear he had ripped off from an ambulance and bail papers for a serious assault charge. Earlier he had commited an armed holdup with a syringe.

Later I was speaking with several of his family members, all of which wanted nothing to do with him after years of abuse he had just about destroyed his family unit. Theres nothing evil about this guy whatsoever, yeah right. Hes not the acception to the rule when it comes to Heroin either, I don't care what any grubby druggy has to say on the matter.

Some people really need to wake up and smell the coffee :)

ps: let me tell you one other thing about that lovely gentleman, he also boobie trapped his car, he taped syringes under the seat and in a couple of other difficult places so any searching law enforcement officer could get a needlestick injury when searching the car. I actually did receive a needlestick injury from that pile of trash, fortunately I didnt contract any of the filthy diseases that scumbag possessed, but let me tell you he cause a fair interuption to my life whilst I awaited tests for 3 months. Evil, yeah pure evil that drug, as many of them are.

Yes, i agree,in what u say,Ur experience,The "enforcers" have to deal with everyday,and it's even harder 4 a "policeofficer" in present time. :D

maxjay wrote:

He did not even have the common sense to be clean shaven and wear some casual type slacks, a collared shirt, and some close toed shoes.

And is that a big hooped earring he is wearing? Cool, Andy, cool.

ozzieovaseas wrote:

And yes,this was how he looked on his arrest back then...so at time i dont think he was planning to get all done up for pics.

My point is ozzieovaseas...a smart drug smuggler, a successful drug smuggler, an intelligent drug smuggler, might have made the effort to dress properly and take the big hooped earring out before getting to the airport.

Who knows? If he had been attired a little more respectfully/conservatively, he might have gotten away with it.

Edited by maxjay

maxjay wrote:

He did not even have the common sense to be clean shaven and wear some casual type slacks, a collared shirt, and some close toed shoes.

And is that a big hooped earring he is wearing? Cool, Andy, cool.

ozzieovaseas wrote:

And yes,this was how he looked on his arrest back then...so at time i dont think he was planning to get all done up for pics.

My point is ozzieovaseas...a smart drug smuggler, a successful drug smuggler, an intelligent drug smuggler, might have made the effort to dress properly and take the big hooped earring out before getting to the airport.

Who knows? If he had been attired a little more respectfully/conservatively, he might have gotten away with it.

AHH Yes Maxjay, i get your point now...and a good haircut and shave would'nt have hurt either...the blo0dy hippie

Thankfully i will choose to remain blissfully ignorant of good drug smuggling ettiquite :D

Especially after reading about what neverdie did to that guy in the car :)

So neverdie were you a DT,drug squad,water rats,or just SAS like all the other expats in LOS!!??...(sorry mate couldnt resist!) :D

I can understand how you feel, but I don't think most addicts are evil, I believe most of the time they have had horrible childhoods and upbringings, abuse (mental, physical, sexual) and violence. They need an escape no matter what and the more drugs they do, the less human they become, they do horrible things in return, cross those lines that are never meant to be crossed, but I believe most drug addicts are created not born and it's not the drug in itself thats bad. The dealers are the real scum.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Aussie awaits drugs verdict in Bangkok

The verdict was expected to be handed down on August 5.

So the sentence was death reduced to 50 years?

Any chance for him to get out before that?

He hasn't been sentenced yet, the 50 years is conjecture at this point.

If that is what he is sentenced to, it's possible, but certainly not definite, that he may be released before the expiration of the 50 years.

UPDATE

To complete this thread... he's been sentenced to life in prison, which is covered in the new thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Australian-J...nd-t286131.html

Australian Jailed For Life In Thailand

Edited by sriracha john

I'm going to pay for it: heroin bust man

An Australian man charged with drug smuggling in Thailand says he has made a "big mistake" and is going to "pay for it".

Drug trafficking in Thailand carries the death penalty.

Andrew Hoods, 36, was arrested at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi international airport's departure hall on Wednesday afternoon with 3kg of heroin strapped to his body, Thai officials said.

He was charged with drug smuggling after Thai Customs found the drugs concealed in 12 packages.

Thai police said another Australian, believed to be a friend of Hoods, is on the run after managing to escape from the airport.

During a break in questioning at Bangkok drug headquarters, Hoods said he had been caught red handed.

"I was caught with heroin, trying to bring it to Australia," Hoods told the Nine Network today.

"I made a big mistake and I'm going to pay for it man, do you know what I mean, I'm going to pay for it."

The heroin was estimated to have a street value of about 12 million baht ($A494,000), Thai officials said.

But Hoods' thoughts are now focused on his daughter, whose photograph he carries in his wallet.

"I've got her right, I've got my daughter here with me, know what I mean," he said while clutching the photo to his chest.

"And that's all I've got man, that's all I've got."

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) said diplomats had met Hoods.

"Consular staff at the Australian embassy in Bangkok have spoken to the man and are providing him consular assistance," a DFAT spokesman said.

Consular staff were also in contact with the man's family, he said.

Thailand toughened its drug laws in 2002, but remains a transit point for narcotics produced in neighbouring Burma, the world's second largest opium producer and a major methamphetamine hub.

Source: AAP - 19 December 2008

Thanks to Simmo for the link.

Bali nine vs Bangkok 1

Lesson never learned, so history repeats itself! :)