Old Farts Mornig Chat Show

penzman

It's been a while since I have had a chance to meet anyone in the Chat Room. I've met a few of the regulars briefly. I ve also been busy or lazy in the mornings.

Is anyone still on there every now and then?

I believe that since our cheerful leader Jayenram has not been able to log on the chat, we've kind of lost interest.

Jayenram:

Have you tried to see if it's not Windows Xp's firewall interfering with the chat?

DO you have Zone Alarm installed or a similar software, that may be the cause.

I was suspecting your Java engine to begin with but I think you've reinstalled it.

Does anyone have any suggestions that could be posted on here for Jay to try and help him log on the chat again?

Cheers!

Hope we're all reunited once again like old times.

Penzman (Betty) :o

I was adding up how much we're spending per month with a dial up connection.

After adding up the cost of the packages we buy, the fees by the telephone company each time you connect, the cost of the telephone line and taking into account all the time wasted waiting because of a slow dial up connection. For a bit more I think ADSL is the way to go for frequent users.

My only problem is.... there apparently are no ADSL lines left or available in our village.

Don't expect the coming months too much activity from me.

To-day the container will be loaded and at the same time my phone connection will be cut.

Will be living in hotels till around 20 January.

Need to get a connection/provider in the Korat area.

Hope I will not go the same way like Jay did.

I also miss my frequent chat with several of the guys.

Learned a lot during the last year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you (Jay-Penz-nogut-pnu-torn-LC-) :o

Hope you two old farts can get back on the chat soon. It's never the same without you.

Yorkie; You haven't had enough of rainman yet? Try to get back on the chat!

Merry Christmas to all old farts, alkies, and elsie (Oh that's me). :o

Edited by LovelyCutie

AT&T rep came around yesterday (only 3 hours late) to install the ADSL modem and log me on. After 1 hour, he decided there was a fault with the modem. After 30 minutes (gosh!) a guy arrived with a replacement. The replacement didn't w*rk so after another 60 minutes, they decided that the modem was not compatible with the computer ( :o ). Maybe in a few more weeks, they'll have it sorted!

Cheers everyone, Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming New Year.

Well, that is that sorted.

First, TT&T wanted to come over on Christmas afternoon. I appreciate that it is not a Buddhist holiday but I was cooking 10 kg of roast spuds (or that was the plan) for the local pub Christmas dinner (others were cooking the other, less impotant bits). Anyway, the revised arrangement was this morning. At 16:00 I left for the pub leaving the FG in charge just in case they came. After one beer in the pub, the FG rang me to suggest I came home because they were having problems. Ten minutes later I got home to find that they'd deleted the Netscape software off my hard drive (must be a Bill Gates directive) but had actually connected me through ADSL. I retrieved and reinstalled Netscape and it's really light years faster than the old dial up connection.

However, by that time it was 18:00 and the computer buff had buggered off for a well earned Loa Khow after a hard afternoon's graft. I tried "Live Chat" and suprise, suprise, I was confronted by the error message "Applet Client notinited".

Bloody marvelous how much money you can throw away if you're so inclined.

:o

penzman Posted Today, 2004-12-30 00:34:53

QUOTE(Pablo H @ 2004-12-29 02:03:25)

I often check the chat room and apart from the other night (Pen, Tuky and G) today there's no one in there. It gets a little lonely in there by yourself

It then becomes a meditation room. Oooooommmmm.

I was in there about ten minutes ago, there was a guy/girl in there who never said a word. It was like talking to a brick wall.:o

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bloody miracle, I tell you!

Pete® mention about the O.F.C.S. the other day so I had another go at getting in. I re-downloaded Java (for the fifth time), re-booted and started the chat. Bugger, the same old error message. I tried re-loading with the same result. However, I remembered one of George's comments many moons ago; I pressed F5 and voila, I was in! Only problem was I was the only one there and I need to head off to the pub to take advantage of the new licencing laws. Oh, well. Maybe catch some-one later.

:o:D:D:D:D:D

penzman Posted Today, 2004-12-30 00:34:53

QUOTE(Pablo H @ 2004-12-29 02:03:25)

I often check the chat room and apart from the other night (Pen, Tuky and G) today there's no one in there. It gets a little lonely in there by yourself

It then becomes a meditation room. Oooooommmmm.

I was in there about ten minutes ago, there was a guy/girl in there who never said a word. It was like talking to a brick wall.:D

Maybe he/she went for a piss? :o

• 1 month later...

Hey Stuart , had a few drinks too much??? :o

Chat with you only a few days ago (although it was short)

contact already with Jay-Pnu and Blonco.

May be the old days are coming back again.

Had a lot of things to do lately,because of my move.

See all of you later